Value of: Anthony Cirelli

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

freester

Mar 22, 2014
Atlanta, Ga
Rosén is a very under the radar guy who a few of our posters who take in a lot of Rochester games don't think is that far off Kulich. But he's not a sexy name so if we put him out there I assume we'll be accused of trying to sell Tampa junk. Which couldn't be farther from the truth.
posters on HF may think he’s junk but Tampa has excellent pro scouting and I’m sure they realize he is a top prospect

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
posters on HF may think he’s junk but Tampa has excellent pro scouting and I’m sure they realize he is a top prospect
I think Buffalo has enough prospects that there's someone in there they must like a lot, if not Rosen.

Based on the conversations here, I do think that Buffalo is among the most ideal trade partners in the league for Cirelli if Tampa does decide to trade him. The fact that they are in the same division might not end up matting so much, though I do wonder about that part

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think Buffalo has enough prospects that there's someone in there they must like a lot, if not Rosen.

Based on the conversations here, I do think that Buffalo is among the most ideal trade partners in the league for Cirelli if Tampa does decide to trade him. The fact that they are in the same division might not end up matting so much, though I do wonder about that part
For a skater, it's not really that big a deal. Goalie, different story. That's why I think if Boston moves Ullmark, they ideally look to send him West to LA or something vs deal him to NJ, Ott, etc.

Cirelli is at $6.25 mill cap hit. Production wise, high 40's but a strong 2 way game. Numbers might go up a bit, but probably should not expect 70 points. Maybe mid to high 50's with more PP time.

Buffalo needs some veterans who have a winning pedigree and can contribute. No offense, but Erik Johnson is past his prime. TB isn't in position to take back a contract to offset the cap hit, so prospects are probably what they want. Or at least assets they can use to flip at the TDL to upgrade the roster for another run.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
That was 3 players (2 former 1st rounders IIRC), another 1st and a 2nd. I just said 2 prospects, which are not even your best ones.
Those 2 are absolutely among that group of our best prospects even if they aren't specifically #1 and #2 in the pool. They'd absolutely be #1 prospects in several other NHL organizations that aren't swimming in high end prospects like Buffalo is. If you got one of them in a Cirelli trade you'd be very fortunate, both of them is an absolute wet dream. I like Cirelli and think he'd be a good fit here but Buffalo shouldn't be paying a kings ransom for a 3rd line center.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
For a skater, it's not really that big a deal. Goalie, different story. That's why I think if Boston moves Ullmark, they ideally look to send him West to LA or something vs deal him to NJ, Ott, etc.

Cirelli is at $6.25 mill cap hit. Production wise, high 40's but a strong 2 way game. Numbers might go up a bit, but probably should not expect 70 points. Maybe mid to high 50's with more PP time.

Buffalo needs some veterans who have a winning pedigree and can contribute. No offense, but Erik Johnson is past his prime. TB isn't in position to take back a contract to offset the cap hit, so prospects are probably what they want. Or at least assets they can use to flip at the TDL to upgrade the roster for another run.
HUH?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad