Value of: Anthony Cirelli

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
No way Cirelli is worth the 11th OA or prospects like Kulich or Savoie

You can have Krebs you can have a prospect like Rosen you can have pick like a 2nd or 3rd rounder ..

Yeah, that’s where I’m at, too. Cirelli would be nice, but he’s not the caliber of player you trade A tier prospects for, especially not in plural.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
If they’re gonna move anyone, the sooner the better. If they end up over the cap, then teams are gonna have a field day during negotiations, knowing they really don’t have the assets to make salary go away. Very much like Vegas was a couple of summers ago.

The only players they’d get proper value for in return, that “could” logically be moved, are Cernak, Sergachev and Cirelli. Once they go over the cap though, it’s game on for teams trying to take advantage of them.. as it stands, they’re already cornered with not being able to take much money back.

This McDonagh trade has backed them in a corner somewhat.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Yeah, that’s where I’m at, too. Cirelli would be nice, but he’s not the caliber of player you trade A tier prospects for, especially not in plural.
I think the returns depends if you consider Cirelli a "hockey trade" or not. Given the fact that the acquiring team is committing $43M (7 years x $6.125M) to Cirelli, and TB is highly motivated to get the deal done, IMO then it is less likely to be a "hockey trade". If there are enough teams willing to pick up all of Cirelli's salary, that increases the chances that TB can make it a hockey trade and gets full value.

I'd be surprised if there was significant enough demand for Cirelli at full value to enable TB to get "A tier" prospects if they can make a deal. That said - GM's love guys who have won the Cup so who knows.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Lightning fans scoff at Cirelli because we have a guy who lapped Buffalo with 144 points, three guys who scored 40+ goals, and 5 guys with 75+ points.

He had 45 points, sounds pretty bad in comparison when you discard the fact that he got no pp time and played all of the high leverage defensive zone starts. On Buffalo though, their highest scorer only had 59 points.

Here is a 26 year old Selke quality shut down center who'd be amongst the leading scorers on the team, locked down for the next 7 years at a hair over 6m. I mean why is this thread talking about how a 26 year old locked down for 7 years is a bad thing when the team we are talking about is Buffalo? They need guys with term, and he'd be a game changer.

The fact that he's even available for trade is an opportunity for some team. Buffalo has the best group of prospects in the league. No offense, but if all they are offering me is garbage for a guy who will get them over the playoff hump I tell them to f*** off and good luck.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Lightning fans scoff at Cirelli because we have a guy who lapped Buffalo with 144 points, three guys who scored 40+ goals, and 5 guys with 75+ points.

He had 45 points, sounds pretty bad in comparison when you discard the fact that he got no pp time and played all of the high leverage defensive zone starts. On Buffalo though, their highest scorer only had 59 points. Here is a 26 year old Selke quality shut down center who'd be amongst the leading scorers on the team, locked down for the next 7 years at a hair over 6m. He'd be a game changer.

The fact that he's even available for trade is an opportunity for some team. Buffalo has the best group of prospects in the league. No offense, but if all they are offering me is garbage for a guy who will get them over the playoff hump I tell them to f*** off and good luck.

Will gladly fuxk off if any of the pieces are 11th OA, Kulich or Savoie.
Tampa can be successful with a Cirelli as a top 6 Center because they have All World Players in Kuch, Point Stamkos, Hedman and an elite goalie. Buffalo doesn't have anyone with that type of talent except Dahlin. Cirelli is overpaid for what he brings.

Reactions: PatLaFontaineASMR

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008

He had 45 points, sounds pretty bad in comparison when you discard the fact that he got no pp time and played all of the high leverage defensive zone starts. On Buffalo though, their highest scorer only had 59 points.

Here is a 26 year old Selke quality shut down center who'd be amongst the leading scorers on the team, locked down for the next 7 years at a hair over 6m. I mean why is this thread talking about how a 26 year old locked down for 7 years is a bad thing when the team we are talking about is Buffalo? They need guys with term, and he'd be a game changer.

This thread is a lot more civil and close than most besides a couple people who are more than welcome to disagree as long as they’re not being disrespectful.

Not sure why you’re coming in so agro lol

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Well we do have an idiot as a GM.
The odds of Kulich being a 60 point player (and that's as a one way winger, let's face it he isn't going to be a center in the NHL) are about 50/50 and that's being generous.

I don't mind moving him for a 45 point guy who gets all his points at EV, is a center, the best PKer on one of the best PK's in the league and is a need for us.

If you think Kulich is gonna be a superstar, that's fine. But odds are he won't be as prospects are more often than not valued too highly. People are too scared to get ripped off and get burnt down the road. I'm sick of looking down the road as a Sabres fan.

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
This thread is a lot more civil and close than most besides a couple people who are more than welcome to disagree as long as they’re not being disrespectful.

Not sure why you’re coming in so agro lol

I mean f*** off in the nicest way possible, no aggro. I apologize to anyone who was offended

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Also I'd rather trade Savoie than Kulich but that's just me. I can't see the Lightning taking on Ostlund or Rosén, they're looking for someone more cooked.

Which I guess you could argue that Rosén isn't that far off Kulich. But I think Tampa would be looking for the name recognition.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
The odds of Kulich being a 60 point player (and that's as a one way winger, let's face it he isn't going to be a center in the NHL) are about 50/50 and that's being generous.

I don't mind moving him for a 45 point guy who gets all his points at EV, is a center, the best PKer on one of the best PK's in the league and is a need for us.

If you think Kulich is gonna be a superstar, that's fine. But odds are he won't be as prospects are more often than not valued too highly. People are too scared to get ripped off and get burnt down the road. I'm sick of looking down the road as a Sabres fan.

I do not think Kulich is going to be a superstar ( And I agree he won't be an NHL Center). But he is going to be a 30+ goal scorer and we have more than enough trade capital to get a legit 3rd line Center without overpaying stupidly in both assets and cap to get a guy that produced 2 assists and was minus 6 in a 5 game playoff series a month ago.

I'm with you on sick of looking down the road and I am willing to move any prospect and the 11th OA but for the right move.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

The GMs make the deal dude…we’re just spitballing here. Calm down

Three way trade,

To Buffalo
Colton

To Tampa
Krebs
Buffalo 2nd
Colorado first

To Colorado
Cirelli
Buffalo wouldn’t give up that much for Colton. Maybe just the 2nd.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Tampa does need to trade someone if they sign Stamkos. I’d simply just not sign Stamkos if I were GMJB…that’s the smartest move they can make here.
Yes, they can trade Jeannot, Perbix and Sheary and make the roster work fine with either 21 or 22, depending on what Stamkos signs for and how.much they want to spend on a bottom 6 F piece. They should trade those three for whatever they can get(or add a sweetener perhaps in the case of Sheary) to keep the top 6 as intact as possible. It is preferable to taking scrap offers for thelr 2C.

Reactions: Rschmitz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad