Value of: Anthony Cirelli

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Another thing to consider is Cirellis game isn’t likely to age well.

He plays a hard two way game.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
If the rangers wanted to do some cut throat business this offeseason theyd

1) trade goodrow and trouba to teams that want veterans leadership. Obviously not proposing them to tampa here

2) trade their 2024 1st for cirelli

3) Sign Perron on a 1 year deal allowing othmann and berard one more year in hartford

4) sign a cheap vet RHD to play 6D until the TDL, someone like chad ruhwedel and start the season as follow

Kreider-Mika-Kakko
Panarin-Trocheck-Laff
Cuylle-Cirelli-Perron
Edstrom-Rempe/Brodzinski-Vesey

Lindgren-Fox
Kandre-Schneider
Jones-Ruhwedel
Robertson

Igor
Quick

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Would welcome him with open arms in Pittsburgh. Would need to get creative with cap space though.

Pens: Cirelli

Bolts: Pickering + Smith (50% retained by team X)

Team X: Tampa draft pick to retain 50% of Smith’s contract ($2.5M for 1 year)

-Tampa gets 3.5M in space, good prospect, and a win now player that can contribute on a cheap deal

-Pens get the best player in the deal. A very good 3C who will take over a top 6 role once Sid/Geno are gone

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Cirelli is a good 2C and a perfect 3C, can expect 18+ minutes a night with PK time. value wise would vary by team but if its Buffalo, i would probably look at either the 11th overall pick and maybe a 4th for Cirelli and a 7th. If Tampa wanted a player or 2 instead, i would look at a 1-2 of Kulich/Quinn/Rosen/Johnson/Ostlund and maybe a small add if necessary

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Cirelli is a good 2C and a perfect 3C, can expect 18+ minutes a night with PK time. value wise would vary by team but if its Buffalo, i would probably look at either the 11th overall pick and maybe a 4th for Cirelli and a 7th. If Tampa wanted a player or 2 instead, i would look at a 1-2 of Kulich/Quinn/Rosen/Johnson/Ostlund and maybe a small add if necessary
Quinn is the only one off off the table out of the ones you mentioned. I'd wonder about Krebs if they wanted a young RFA center who has top 6 potential still.

Reactions: Gabrielor

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
7 more years at 6+M? Scored 20 goals once, and never more than 45 points? Ehhh... maybe a team like CHI, Utah, SJS? I mean, the contract will look better as the cap goes up, but will Cirelli? At 26 yo, we have probably seen his peak, though it can be argued that he might produce better on a team where he has more favorable usage.

A few years ago he was the hot new kid on the block, but right now.....meh.
It's certainly possible. I don't think Brock Nelson started scoring at a decent clip until he was 27-28. Obviously not the norm but it is possible.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Could see Canes in on this. Cirelli seems like a very RBA type player and while you'd love more offense out of your 2C, it's a hole on the roster for sure and having Aho - Cirelli - Staal - Drury would be very beastly defensive C depth.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
The leafs should be all over this guy. He would be a good replacement for Tavares
I think I'd rather see the Leafs give up assets for Cirelli and clear cap by offloading Tavares to Buffalo (yeah, I know, NMC, blah blah blah) in a reasonable deal. Sabres would be willing to work with a short-term 3C while prospects mature.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Could see Canes in on this. Cirelli seems like a very RBA type player and while you'd love more offense out of your 2C, it's a hole on the roster for sure and having Aho - Cirelli - Staal - Drury would be very beastly defensive C depth.
If the Canes wanted him, i would ask for Nikishin and thats probably where the conversation ends lol

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I think I'd rather see the Leafs give up assets for Cirelli and clear cap by offloading Tavares to Buffalo (yeah, I know, NMC, blah blah blah) in a reasonable deal. Sabres would be willing to work with a short-term 3C while prospects mature.
The nmc blah blah is a very important part though. I just think Tavares waiving is close to 0 and him waiving to a non contender is 0

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
I mean, thats just dumb. We wouldn't trade Nikishin for Petey. Cirelli is a player that Tampa might need to move because of cap issues and he's never hit 50 points. Like honestly that's just a super delusional ask.
in all honesty, i would probably ask for a package around Drury/Trikozov/Gunler/1st/Nybeck

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Gotta bunch of 7ths burning a whole in BriseBois's pocket, gotta add that in?

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
I bet you would take 1-2 of those but set your sights waaaay lower bc of his salary

Reactions: freester

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
If he was a righty I could definitely see it. May still be interested depending on price and what they're able to do with KK.

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
A 26yo C who has already won two cups and is known for being defensively responsible. He'd definitely get a 1st + from someone

If he had a smaller cap hit, he’d absolutely get that from a (pretty sure fire) playoff team, but what playoff team has room to pay a player of his ilk north of $6m without sending cap the other way?

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
His salary isnt as bad as it seems
It’s not a selling point though. At best it’s neutral but realistically that’s a lot to pay for a third line center if you are a good team. If he is going to be a second line center it’s fine but is that really in the cards for him?

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
His salary isnt as bad as it seems
His salary is maybe like a touch high but there are a lot of teams where it would be totally fine. It's also 8 years and he's only 26 so as the cap goes up you're getting a lot of 'prime' years so at $6.25 it going to be just fine.

Cirelli is just a different type of C so it depends on tam construction. If you have a 1C who can put up 90 points or more then having a really good defensive guy behind him who can put up 45-50 could be fine. If you're a team that lacks offense though it could be tough.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Frankly, I'd do 11 OA for Cirelli. Perfect fit for what we need in Buffalo.
I'd rather the Sabres pick Yakemchuk at 11, and send one or two of their gazillion forward prospects to TBL. TBL need young players who can play now, on ELC's. I am not saying give them Benson, but surely they can spare Kulich + Krebs? Remember, if they are eating all that salary it really benefits TBL.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
11oa, Krebs, Johnson, Rosen
for
Cirelli and Cernak

as a starting point.

Sabres fix two of their biggest problems (3c, shutdown d), Bolts downgrade those same positions, but get younger in the process with players that still have upside. They also gain cap relief and two blue chip assets.

Ad

Ad

Ad