Player Discussion: Anthony Cirelli

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I love Cirelli becausse he play my kind of hockey, but he isn't worth the contract. He is overpaid by one to two million, but he is an elite 3rd line center/borderline shutdown2nd line center. As of right now it doesn't even matter becauase we have at least 6,000,000 in cap space not being used. So he is our second line center/shutdown center. He reminds me of a lot of Penguins fan talked about Staal. HE was too good for the bottom 6 at times, but not good enough for the top 6 at times. He is just a really smart player, hard working player, and is limited by his skill set not his compete level.

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
I love Cirelli becausse he play my kind of hockey, but he isn't worth the contract. He is overpaid by one to two million, but he is an elite 3rd line center/borderline shutdown2nd line center. As of right now it doesn't even matter becauase we have at least 6,000,000 in cap space not being used. So he is our second line center/shutdown center. He reminds me of a lot of Penguins fan talked about Staal. HE was too good for the bottom 6 at times, but not good enough for the top 6 at times. He is just a really smart player, hard working player, and is limited by his skill set not his compete level.
That pretty much summarizes my thinking and most of us on this board. I mean, you can’t diss his compete level or his defensive play. And you can’t blame him for the contract that was offered, and signed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad