News: Ansar Khan - Green Will Waive His NTC for Tampa Bay and Other Potential DET Moves

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
But glendening just has 4th line potential. Kapanen has top 6 potential.
Glendening is a proven bottom six center that Babcock leans heavily on in the playoffs. You think in a seven game series against Tampa or Pittsburgh Babcock is going to throw Kapanen out there on the 4th line? Kapenen will be back with the Marlies come playoff time. I still don't see where he fits with the Leafs long term in the top 6, either.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
I would rather just resign Green but that's just because of my fanboy bias and I know we desperately need that 1st round pick regardless. In a perfect world I'd love for Det to resign him when he hits FA.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I would rather just resign Green but that's just because of my fanboy bias and I know we desperately need that 1st round pick regardless. In a perfect world I'd love for Det to resign him when he hits FA.

If it weren't for the lack of cap space they probably wouldn't be getting rid of him in the first place.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
My thoughts:

Unless something changes at the last moment, I think that Green is ending up a member of the Lightning, likely at the cost of a 1st+prospect.

I think that the Leafs have interest in Glendening but the asking/discussed price is being overstated.

I think that perhaps Mrazek gets dealt as well, his QO should be pretty high, Wings may not want to pay it. NYI or BUF should look at him if the price makes sense. Maybe even Chicago to get younger but Crawford might be a tougher sell now with vertigo.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
My thoughts:
I think that perhaps Mrazek gets dealt as well, his QO should be pretty high, Wings may not want to pay it. NYI or BUF should look at him if the price makes sense. o.

Do not forget how badly Mrazek looked in tbe recent 7-6 nyi OT win against Detroit.I doubt the nyi front office cane away saying " wish we had Mrazek"

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Glendening for Kapanen would be absolutely hilarious.

it would have Babcock written all over it. One of his favorite type players who everyone else thinks grows on trees for a more skilled player who Babcock thinks grows on trees.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Do not forget how badly Mrazek looked in tbe recent 7-6 nyi OT win against Detroit.I doubt tbe nyi front office cane away saying " wish we had Mrazek"

Bad game in an otherwise solid previous 5 games

VS NASH 1GA 969 SV% 32SA
VS NYI 7GA 759 SV % 29SA
VS FLA 3 GA 909 SV% 33SA
VS CAR 1GA 973 SV% 37SA
VS SJS 1GA 968 SV% 31SA

Not so terrible, Detroit isn't exactly a great team. Hell, I would have gambled on Mrazek over Darling if I were Carolina.

it would have Babcock written all over it. One of his favorite type players who everyone else thinks grows on trees for a more skilled player who Babcock thinks grows on trees.

Luckily Lou runs the show. Babcock gets input but can't see Lou fleecing himself. I think Lou is less likely to take Babcock's suggestions then say, Holland.

That Stephen Weiss deal, woof.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
After adding Glendening he'll become a favorite. $1.8 isnt a lot of money when you're talking about the responsibility he's going to assume. I know everyone wants a big name player but guys, these are the type of moves that have a history of being the better deadline moves.

So let's say it's going to happen. They're going to acquire Glendening. We may or may not be happy with it, but it's happening..

What about adding Trevor Daley to it? He's playing well for the Wings and just played a major role in two cup runs. If they can add Glendening and Daley at the deadline, that's a pretty good day.. A puck moving #4 D and a top bottom 6 player

What would they be willing to give up if the trade was Glendening and Daley, with one requirement from Detroit.. They take Martin.

So Kenny Holland, We'll take Glendening and Daley, but you have to take Martin.. What else do you want?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
If it's going to be the 1st and a prospect from Tampa... Who's prospect pool is loaded by the way... I start with Katchouk, if that's a no, I'd want one of his C prospects not named Howden...so Lipanov, Volkov, Stephens or Cirelli

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If it's going to be the 1st and a prospect from Tampa... Who's prospect pool is loaded by the way... I start with Katchouk, if that's a no, I'd want one of his C prospects not named Howden...so Lipanov, Volkov, Stephens or Cirelli

Green + what for a 1st + prospect? Not getting one of those names on top of a 1st for Green. I'd do a 1st + Lipanov for Green + Pitt 3rd?

Reactions: AndreRoy

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Those aren't C prospects except maybe Lipanov.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I didn't move anything. Leafs fans don't want anything for Kapanen. We simply aren't interested in moving him. It has nothing to do with him being worth more to us. It's purely we have no need for a 4c big enough to justify moving a promising young player like Kapanen. If we were talking in a package for something we really need like a top 4 RD then we could start a discussion but for a 4c it's simply a non starter. Thats not overvaluing. It's just valuing.

One poster asked for a top 10OA pick for Kapenen. Again, I stand by my commentary. It’s not about Glendening, or any 4c for that matter, it’s how Leaf fan —in this thread — is over valuing Kapanen. He’s done nothing yet to warrant an upgrade to his stature from when he was acquired from the Pens. I’d say it’s downgraded, IMO.

The Pens are notorious for dealing prospects that never pan out. We will see what Kapanen turns into.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Bad game in an otherwise solid previous 5 games

VS NASH 1GA 969 SV% 32SA
VS NYI 7GA 759 SV % 29SA
VS FLA 3 GA 909 SV% 33SA
VS CAR 1GA 973 SV% 37SA
VS SJS 1GA 968 SV% 31SA

The Wings offered Howard and it is a fairly likely that when that offer was rejected, they would have asked if the NYI had any interest in Mzarek.
Halak has played better the last 4-5 weeks behind a tire fire of a defense. It helps that injured players Boychuk, Ladd, Bailey and Cizikas have returned.

Isles need a top 4 D who can help keep pucks out their net, more then they need a goalie.

Last edited:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
After adding Glendening he'll become a favorite. $1.8 isnt a lot of money when you're talking about the responsibility he's going to assume. I know everyone wants a big name player but guys, these are the type of moves that have a history of being the better deadline moves.

So let's say it's going to happen. They're going to acquire Glendening. We may or may not be happy with it, but it's happening..

What about adding Trevor Daley to it? He's playing well for the Wings and just played a major role in two cup runs. If they can add Glendening and Daley at the deadline, that's a pretty good day.. A puck moving #4 D and a top bottom 6 player

What would they be willing to give up if the trade was Glendening and Daley, with one requirement from Detroit.. They take Martin.

So Kenny Holland, We'll take Glendening and Daley, but you have to take Martin.. What else do you want?

That trade does nothing for Detroit that simply trading Glendening doesn’t also accomplish.

Basically that trade would free up Glendenings salary and flip one of our actually useful D men for a fourth line plugger.

And I’m damn sure that you won’t come up with anything of material value... it would be, hey here’s our second round pick too!

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Glendening is a proven bottom six center that Babcock leans heavily on in the playoffs. You think in a seven game series against Tampa or Pittsburgh Babcock is going to throw Kapanen out there on the 4th line? Kapenen will be back with the Marlies come playoff time. I still don't see where he fits with the Leafs long term in the top 6, either.
First bold yes because he's already playing there now and babcock has finally realized than he's more useful than Martin.

Second bold you're wrong. He's definitely not gonna be sent down to the marlies. You're just mad because you can't handle the reality of what I said.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Yup considering that most Leaf fans say he's as good as Mantha if not better. I :laugh: when i saw Leaf fans comparing Kapanen to Mantha.

I don't know about "most Leaf fans" but I'd say that they're very comparable as prospects. Perception of Mantha got inflated from being a 19 year old man child shredding the weak Q as a 19 year old, Kappy's deflated jumping to the AHL young. But at 20/21 in the AHL/NHL Kapanen has arguably been better. Obviously he hasn't played his 22 and 23 year old seasons yet so we'll have to see if he can stay on the curve and match what Mantha has done, he doesn't get credit for that until he's done it. But don't act like they're worlds apart.

Kapanen in a deal for Glendenning would be an absolute coupe/ monumental error (depending on perspective)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad