Speculation: Another year of this Bluc **** (The 2024-25 season thread)

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Has Byfield been as invisible as his stat line suggests?

No, he has a had a few ineffectual games, but he looked much sharper last night. He is a bounce or two from contributing on the sheet and hopefully he rounds it out here soon.

I am concerned about that lines production this year because Kopitar is really dragging around the ice. I think his points have come from literally every single scoring chance he has been involved in - he isn't even on screen with his linemates most shifts. Still making excellent plays when they present themselves, but he isn't creating anything that isn't already there. He has been very opportunistic.

Alex Turcotte is this teams best offensive center so far this year. Driving play, creating good chances virtually every shift. Maybe they are sometimes low percentage chances, but they are keeping the team on the front foot.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Easier to be possessed when you’re playing against guys who will be bagging groceries in a couple weeks.
It's not about who he was playing against. It was his body language, the way he tried to protect and move the puck.

A few games, he just wasn't there.

Last night, he was much better. But he needs to keep up that focus. It hasn't been consistent.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
This is what I would like to see:

Laf-Kopitar-Kempe
Moore-Byfield-Fiala
Foegle-Turcotte-Thomas
Lee-Danault-Jeannot
Lewis

Anderson-Spence
Gavrikov-Clarke
Edmundson-Jones
Englund
Burroughs

I don't think you break up Turcotte line after that.

But if they cool off, I think Turcote is playing solid and could be more suited for a wing than Byfield

Shuffle elsewhere for now but kind of traffic Jam at C if you want to bring QB back at C where he needs to be for the team and his long term development.

I wonder if anything was said about jobs in jeopardy from any level down.

Or maybe they are just taking it for granted.

Thomas is not suited for the current bigger body Kings 4th line, simple.

Other factors mentioned jut add to the arrangement.

Herby

Thank You, Team 144
Feb 27, 2002
Wisconsin
But if they cool off, I think Turcote is playing solid and could be more suited for a wing than Byfield
Why, when he is playing well right now as a center would you want to move him to the wing?

These aren't machines or chess pieces, these are humans, who play better when they have confidence. There is an element to developing and maintaining ones confidence as a player (and they have made many mistakes in this regard with Turcotte already), and moving him to wing could damage his confidence.

The Kings need these younger guys playing consistent roles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad