Speculation: Another year of this Bluc **** (The 2024-25 season thread)

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Has Byfield been as invisible as his stat line suggests?
Eh, he does have some flashy moments once a game it seems. I think it’s more of an indictment on how useless and slow Kopitar and Kempe have looked.

I think he’d benefit if he was moved off their line to center Fiala line again. Kopitar is doing no favors for anyone.

Reactions: SettlementRichie10

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Has Byfield been as invisible as his stat line suggests?

No, he has a had a few ineffectual games, but he looked much sharper last night. He is a bounce or two from contributing on the sheet and hopefully he rounds it out here soon.

I am concerned about that lines production this year because Kopitar is really dragging around the ice. I think his points have come from literally every single scoring chance he has been involved in - he isn't even on screen with his linemates most shifts. Still making excellent plays when they present themselves, but he isn't creating anything that isn't already there. He has been very opportunistic.

Alex Turcotte is this teams best offensive center so far this year. Driving play, creating good chances virtually every shift. Maybe they are sometimes low percentage chances, but they are keeping the team on the front foot.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Easier to be possessed when you’re playing against guys who will be bagging groceries in a couple weeks.
It's not about who he was playing against. It was his body language, the way he tried to protect and move the puck.

A few games, he just wasn't there.

Last night, he was much better. But he needs to keep up that focus. It hasn't been consistent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad