Speculation: Another year of this Bluc **** (The 2024-25 season thread)

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
As much as I like a tough line-up, Burroughs and Jones are way better than Englund.

Unless Hiller plans on scratching Jeannot, which makes the forward group pretty soft, so Englund is the sole tough guy playing.

Sad to say, we almost went backwards with the toughness. We signed Foegele, Jeannot, Burroughs, and Edmundson - one is one the 3rd line (Foegele), one might be a scratch (TJ), and one isn't playing (Burroughs).

Back to Englund.

I don't think the Kings predicted Helenius would be this far long. They refuse to sit Lewis.

Helenius could tbe 4C with Lee and Thomas and the Kings wouldn't have needed to sign Lewis or trade for Jeannot. Helenius is tough and nasty.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Whilst I didn’t think Durzi was the answer (still don’t) that line of thinking is exactly how it should be, it is why there is value in depth and youth on cheaper cost controlled deals. The issue is what they then did with the cap space.
Agreed. Every cap era team needs to get contributions from ELC and first contracts while the Kings stubbornly fail to develop the kids and end up with little top 6 or top 4 contributions on cheap contracts.

Reactions: King'sPawn

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I understand, but I'd take him over Foegle at 3.5M for the next 3 years.

Since 2020, Toffoli is top 30 in the NHL in goals scored BTW. He's ahead of a lot star players.

I understand what you're saying about scoring, but 10.5 mil cap hit over those 3 years vs 18 mil cap hit over those years to a guy who will be 35 at the end of year 3, that is if he'd sign for 3. His deal in SJ is 4, which is probably what his ask was and SJ did it.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Byfield at center looked good. Why are they already slapping him with Kopitar? They should wait until December at least rather than break shit up. Or call up Thomas and ice Lewis. What’s the point in breaking up probably the most important year for Byfield
Hiller was clear in that he saw QB at C. More of a temporary decision to get the team going afforded by the strong play of Turcotte. Remains to be seen how it plays out but he stated that it wasn’t about QB’s play at the position.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Byfield hasn't been stellar the past couple games. At least not to the level he was playing in preseason. The move to wing might just be to get him going with players who are more stable to play with.

Reactions: Statto

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Byfield hasn't been stellar the past couple games. At least not to the level he was playing in preseason. The move to wing might just be to get him going with players who are more stable to play with.
It reminds me of a young Kopitar having to play with shitty wingers for forever.

Byfield doesn't fit well with Fiala because they both play better with the puck than away. Kempe or Kaliyev is probably the best person to put with Byfield. Fiala needs to lock on with Danault and Moore/Thomas/Laferriere.

The problems are where to put Turcotte for better minutes (C or W) and how to get Kopitar a decent winger (if Kempe is with Byfield). They can't keep running Byfield with Kopitar and Kempe. They need to spread out the talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad