Speculation: Another year of this Bluc **** (The 2024-25 season thread)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Training Camp Roster.jpg

Attachments

• Training Camp Roster PAGE 2.jpg
    Training Camp Roster PAGE 2.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 1

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Saw in the clip of Byfield scoring a penalty shot on Copley. Just curious how has Copley looked since recovering from the knee injury? Could he give Rittich some competition or will he be designated back to the Reign again?

Reactions: Surf Nutz

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
My concern with this line is that both Fiala and Kempe can be difficult linemates at times. They're both prone to making frustrating and stupid decisions with the puck.
I agree discipline is a major issue with both Fiala and Kempe. Fiala, when controlled, can be a good playmaker and Kempe has greatly improved his shot, so I think there's good synergy there.

With Byfield, he has good reach, speed, and puck recovery ability. So when Fiala does his no-look spin around pass, Byfield is better equipped at trying to recover. He's also more consistent at digging into the boards to complement Kempe's inconsistency in battles.

There are definitely concerns, but I think Byfield can compensate for their weaknesses while still being put in a position to score.

• Wow

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Jeannot could easily be seen as a poor fit for Danault's line. Turcotte, Thomas, Fagemo and Kaliyev should all be taking some serious stock in themselves and realizing that there is finally a legitimate chance for them to reach out and grab an impact spot in the NHL.

Lizotte and Arvidsson had important roles here, and losing Roy in favor of Clarke changes a lot of situations. There will be less safety-first hockey here and it's going to be a great opportunity for somebody to make a name for themselves.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I have nothing particular against Laferriere, but I’m not sure why he gets the rope he does. He’s shown very little with a decent amount of opportunity.
i think he has the "always looks like he's trying hard" gene that makes him a coaches pet and that outweighs the lack of like.. anything remarkable

There will be less safety-first hockey here
i certainly f***in hope so but i'm not so confident given how hiller didn't stray too far. giving him some benefit of the doubt for the fact that he jumped in midseason though

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Fresh start ? So Todd was the problem maybe? Weirddd

The eyes of a man who wants to quit but knows he won’t get a chance like this anymore to make money.
I don’t get the impression even for a second that Kaliyev actually said that. Seems like sarcasm 1000% by Morgan.

Also Kopitar could retire tomorrow and there should be no reason why his great great grandchildren’s sperm/eggs should have to worry about money considering his career earnings.

Last edited:

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Saw in the clip of Byfield scoring a penalty shot on Copley. Just curious how has Copley looked since recovering from the knee injury? Could he give Rittich some competition or will he be designated back to the Reign again?

I don't know. rough there but Byfield decked and converted in the blink of an eye.

Cops was injured, so good excuse to get him to partner and mentor Portillo.

He did kinda save the Kings season couple back.

Rittich was better than Talbot late and in the playoffs,

He has gotta get a shot with Kuemper who you want to rekindle.

Kinda seems set unless he is kinda amazing.

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I have nothing particular against Laferriere, but I’m not sure why he gets the rope he does. He’s shown very little with a decent amount of opportunity.

He took his lumps as a rookie, was scratched and learned along the way. He got better and earned the coaches trust, which means more icetime. He outplayed the 8.5 mil prima-dona most nights, which I know isn't saying much, but he was always noticeable. The guys going to be a really good middle 6 pro.

Reactions: Telos

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Kopitar was pretty salty in the interview.

Probably bummed about being the incubator with Kempe for a new egg after hatching and losing a nice one in QB.

The reporters asked some good questions but were also a little awkward.

Kopitar should have been given an A and DD the C from Brown.

Nothing wrong with Kopi its just his laid back personality.

DD has more fire and an intense and demanding demeanor.

I really think it was a big mistake that has haunted the Kings.

Kopi does his job on the ice , and I love the guy, so don't misunderstand my candor.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Kopitar was pretty salty in the interview.
He definitely sounded more annoyed at some of the questions. There were one or two repeat questions, and some that seemed like yesterday's news (like bringing up the 1-3-1 months after everyone else criticized it as well as discussions about veering away grom the 1-3-1). Then there's the (in my opinion) silly question of "How has Laferriere improved from last year?" Like Kopitar said - he's skated with him on a line for two thirty-minute shifts.

Also thought the question about PLD could have been better. "Why didn't it work out?" Felt like trying to get a sound bite or trying to goad him to dunk on PLD. I feel a better question would have been "in a recent interview, Dubois mentioned not having clear instructions on what to do. Do you think either you or others may have also had some mixed signals on execution? Or do you feel on the first day that the communication is changing?"

Provide context for why you're asking a question if you REALLY want to bring up PLD. But still make the question meaningful and interesting.

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
He definitely sounded more annoyed at some of the questions. There were one or two repeat questions, and some that seemed like yesterday's news (like bringing up the 1-3-1 months after everyone else criticized it as well as discussions about veering away grom the 1-3-1). Then there's the (in my opinion) silly question of "How has Laferriere improved from last year?" Like Kopitar said - he's skated with him on a line for two thirty-minute shifts.

Also thought the question about PLD could have been better. "Why didn't it work out?" Felt like trying to get a sound bite or trying to goad him to dunk on PLD. I feel a better question would have been "in a recent interview, Dubois mentioned not having clear instructions on what to do. Do you think either you or others may have also had some mixed signals on execution? Or do you feel on the first day that the communication is changing?"

Provide context for why you're asking a question if you REALLY want to bring up PLD. But still make the question meaningful and interesting.
I agree on the PLD question for sure. Might as well of asked ? Wanna talk shit on anyone not here anymore?

Reactions: King'sPawn

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He took his lumps as a rookie, was scratched and learned along the way. He got better and earned the coaches trust, which means more icetime. He outplayed the 8.5 mil prima-dona most nights, which I know isn't saying much, but he was always noticeable. The guys going to be a really good middle 6 pro.

So did I and I haven't been moved up the lineup!

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Theoretically speaking, how would a sale of the Kings work? Would AEG include Crypto? I highly doubt it. That arena is their ATM. But the new owner would want that, or else the Kings would lose their VIP treatment at the arena, making the more popular Lakers the priority in scheduling. Seems really complicated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad