NFL: Andrew Luck retiring

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Who is siding with owners? I am just pointing out he doesn't love football. Pressures are one thing, Russell Wilson gets beat up more. RB's get beat up more. WR's get beat up more. He just doesn't like football anymore.

He's made millions and shouldn't play if he doesn't like it anymore. More respect for him that he's leaving.
Absolving the team of responsibility is blatantly ignoring the history of his career. It's foolish to think that their negligence in protecting him didn't lead to him being over football.

Russell Wilson does not get beat up more. Again, luck has been pressured and hit more than any QB during his career.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The fact that Luck has to face any criticism for making this decision is absurd.

The same people complaining about this are the same people who miss the “good old days” of hockey when players just shut the hell up about PTSD and mental health until they retired because they were “tough” because frankly a majority of fans don’t give a rats arse about your quality of life after you’ve hung up your skates or cleats.

The NFL is going to look a lot different in 20 years whether people like it or not and while Luck may be among the more surprising and high profile recent early retirees - he damn sure won’t be the last.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The fact that Luck has to face any criticism for making this decision is absurd.

The same people complaining about this are the same people who miss the “good old days” of hockey when players just shut the hell up about PTSD and mental health until they retired because they were “tough” because frankly a majority of fans don’t give a rats arse about your quality of life after you’ve hung up your skates or cleats.

The NFL is going to look a lot different in 20 years whether people like it or not and while Luck may be among the more surprising and high profile recent early retirees - he damn sure won’t be the last.
The people who behave this way would never put their body through the same trauma these players do. Fake tough guys. It's disturbing to witness such a lack of empathy.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
RG3 lasted in the NFL longer than Andrew Luck.

Bet nobody thought that was the timeline we were on in like 2015

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Luck has as many “calf/ankle issues” as he has unicorns.

Boeser Fan

Jun 23, 2018
I really don't know why people are bent out of shape that are drafting before the 3rd preseason games even end anyway....always wait until after the 3rd preseason games leagues that that do that just ensure people are going to be screwed by injuries and out of nowhere retirements/holdouts.
The Sunday before labour day is the only way to do it!

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Once the love is gone, it almost never comes back. Be it through personal struggle, injuries or other circumstances.

Reminds me of a certain wrestler that just said "**** it" and walked out 6 years ago. He too has yet to come back to the thing he cherished most

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Someone said this during my fantasy football draft and I thought it was a joke...yikes. Shame the Colts' bad offensive line ruined him before he could enjoy this one.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

I'd say its more shocking than the 3 others, especially after the season he had last year.

MJ's doesn't really count given that those who weren't oblivious knew it was basically a suspension for his gambling problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad