News Article: Andrew Ference looks to be retiring

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Great leader and glue guy!

It may be a stretch to say they wouldn't have won the cup without him in 2011, but he was certainly a big part of developing the culture that enabled that team to win it all.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
He's got it on his inner bicep, is that close enough?
url

Good enough for me!

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
It's a shame he'll probably end his career playing in friggen Edmonton....Andy deserved to play as a captain for a better team.

Great guy, sad that he has to call it quits. But man, i'll never forget him in 2011, or in 2013. When you think of the absolute spirit of the Bruins in those two playoff runs, Ference certainly was one of the players that personified that team mentality.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Based on the articles I've read in the past Andy definitely has plans for his next gig. No doubt he was a fairly smart dude. He also loves the earth that's nice.

He's got the personality to do tv but I'd prefer to see him work in the bruins organization

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
This times 100. Give him Pandawful's job.

Ference has had a great long career (and has been injury plagued for the last 6-7 years) probably a good time to call it quits.

We really need to get one of the character older guys from 2011 back in the organization somehow. Recchi/Thornton/Ference are seriously missed.
It is a real shame that people don't show Jay Pandolfo more respect around here.

:shakehead

I hope Andy makes it back to Boston in the near future and joins the team in some capacity.

Going to miss Captain Planet..

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Great trade by Chiarelli

Guy was a perfect Bruins

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Based on the articles I've read in the past Andy definitely has plans for his next gig. No doubt he was a fairly smart dude. He also loves the earth that's nice.

He's got the personality to do tv but I'd prefer to see him work in the bruins organization
Wouldn't be surprised if he opens a Prius dealership or a solar panel business in Alberta. Loves saving energy.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Come back to Boston, Andy.

Give this guy a job asap. Within the organization, or on tv (while we wait for Sugar Shawn to retire).

True Bruin. Great guy.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
andrews a perfect example of how guys are heros when little is expected and they overachieve... but then when too much is expected they become public enemy number 1

andrew always gave full effort... he was just limited based on his skill and size from ever being a good 20 min a night guy

loved him when he was slotted as our 5/6 guy that was capable of stepping up when needed

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Zboril will be a more offensively gifted version of Ference.....glove malfunctions and scraps at the right times...book it

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Zboril will be a more offensively gifted version of Ference.....glove malfunctions and scraps at the right times...book it

Don't know much about Zboril, but I'd be very, very happy if his intangibles wre 80% of Andrew's.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
He was also a hard liner with the NHLPA during the lockout for those that don't recall.

Net-net even with that, is he appears to be a really good person, team-mate and human being so props to that and good luck in retirement - sure he'll have plenty of work lined up.

I'd argue that another reason he was a really good person was BECAUSE he was a NHLPA hardliner.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The Bruins organization would benefit from having Ference in some capacity.

Could be said about a few of their cup winning players, Thornton, Ference, Kelly, the kind of players that in one capacity or another, you`d think will find work somewhere in the game if they wish after done

I loved Ference, the guy took a ton of heat on this board during a stretch where he just couldn`t stay healthy

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Don't know much about Zboril, but I'd be very, very happy if his intangibles wre 80% of Andrew's.

I see him only about a half dozen times a season but in those games, he`s often the first to either initiate and/or race to his teammates defence. The guy just does not like anyone who isn`t wearing the same colors as he is.

Really pulling for the kid, mostly because I hate being wrong about a draft pick:laugh:

No, in all seriousness, the kid brings the nasty, has nice speed and skill, hoping he can put it all together at the next level in the near future

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Wouldn't be surprised if he opens a Prius dealership or a solar panel business in Alberta. Loves saving energy.

Most likely end up back here and pull a Kluzak and attend Harvard. But your reference is funny.

TCDaniels

Legen... Wait for it
Feb 12, 2003
Maine

Open ice waste on Ott and into it with Avery @ 2:40

Came to post exactly this... Easily my favorite Ference moment - even more-so (gasp) than the salute...

The timing of that hit, after what had been going on in the game, was quite possibly one of the most "bruins-esque" moments (you know what I mean) that I'd ever witnessed. (that and Savvy jumping Avery)

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
Came to post exactly this... Easily my favorite Ference moment - even more-so (gasp) than the salute...

The timing of that hit, after what had been going on in the game, was quite possibly one of the most "bruins-esque" moments (you know what I mean) that I'd ever witnessed. (that and Savvy jumping Avery)

Got chills watching this again. Man...that was a fun team to watch. They dug the trenches that they fought in together.

How do you build that into a team? How do we see that again?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad