OT: Video Game Talk (oh, also the Week before the All-Star Break Pre-Game Talk "archive")

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Can you download demos on the switch itself? I’ve never played games like Zelda Breathe of the Wild and would like to try it out before paying $60 for it.
I don’t think BotW has a demo. Some games do, but a lot don’t. I can say BotW is easily one of my top 5 gaming experiences ever. TotK is up there too, but wasn’t quite as profound.

Reactions: CharlesPuck

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The Switch 2 leaks are overall pretty positive. 256gb (ufs 3.1) of storage is probably the only slight disappointment…
More in capacity than speed. 12gb ram (lpddr5x) is a good sign. The T239 looks to be confirmed as well. Very much iterative design rather than revolutionary.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I really gotta give those games another shot. I tried the first one for a couple hours and I couldn't help but feel like it was a bit dated.
The second one is a lot better than the first game. I have it ranked just under Yakuza 0 in RGG games.

It felt like withe the first one they didn't take any real chances and just wanted to test the waters with a easy to make spinoff. But when they made the second one, it felt like a true Yakuza game, especially with them abandoning real-time gameplay in the main series. Having Yagami mentor high School kids and participate in their club activities led to a ton of fun mini games. They also reduced The amount of trailing missions. I didn't mind them, but apparently that was a big problem for a lot of players.

Reactions: The Merchant

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
These mofos keep on releasing a new Yakuza game while I'm still working on 0
RGG seemingly releases 3+ games a year and all of them are quality. Maybe not mind blowing games, but solid 8s most of the time. They don’t waste their time with absolute graphical perfection. Just games that look good enough, fun and have good stories. The Man Who Erased His Name is legit good and really is just a small spin off that got nearly zero press.

Reactions: sethro109

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
The second one is a lot better than the first game. I have it ranked just under Yakuza 0 in RGG games.

It felt like withe the first one they didn't take any real chances and just wanted to test the waters with a easy to make spinoff. But when they made the second one, it felt like a true Yakuza game, especially with them abandoning real-time gameplay in the main series. Having Yagami mentor high School kids and participate in their club activities led to a ton of fun mini games. They also reduced The amount of trailing missions. I didn't mind them, but apparently that was a big problem for a lot of players.
YES. The first trailing mission drove me nuts. Would I be lost if I jumped straight into LJ?

RGG seemingly releases 3+ games a year and all of them are quality. Maybe not mind blowing games, but solid 8s most of the time. They don’t waste their time with absolute graphical perfection. Just games that look good enough, fun and have good stories. The Man Who Erased His Name is legit good and really is just a small spin off that got nearly zero press.
Their dev cycle is truly something to behold. Release a phenomenal mainline then milk the franchise with solid, creative spinoffs in-between.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad