Prospect Info: Andrew Basha, 2024 Round 2 #41 overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

There’s little doubt that Basha will be a first-round pick, but where he falls is harder to project. Some scouts love his vision and playmaking abilities and see him as the Tigers’ main play-driver, while others are concerned that he might be more of a recipient from linemates Lindstrom and Gavin McKenna. Those differing opinions have placed him anywhere from a fringe lottery pick to one of the last picks on day one. Thankfully, his most recent performances in the WHL Playoffs proved that he still could be a top offensive threat even with Lindstrom not at his best. That should guarantee him a place somewhere in the early 20s on draft day.

I like it. Any relation to the Basha Foods empire around here?

Master Bill

Rest in peace, Johnny Hockey
Nov 9, 2014
Good pick. Looks like he slipped quite a bit to get to #41.. I remember him being first on the available list on the broadcast before our 28th pick.

Reactions: Figgy44

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I love this pick as well. Finally the Flames didn’t pass on a guy that oozes skill and can create offence and take someone that checks boxes. We will see if he pans out, but this was a fantastic choice here.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
One of my pals wanted him with the Vancouver pick. Let’s just say he’s a happy camper for this one.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010

At least there's a ready made sponsorship opportunity

Last edited:
Reactions: DCDM

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
His dad/family owns the Garrison Pub in Calgary apparently, grew up a Flames fan (I mean his family lives here).

Flames getting this guy in the 2nd is damn good pick.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I noticed a heads up comment in his scouting report. I feel like the flames are falling liking that attribute this year. It sounds like this was a great local kid and value pick. I hope he pans out.

Beniersgeron

Release the Kraken!
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
I believe in a few years people are gonna realize the reason Cayden Lindstrom was picked so high was because of Andrew Basha, they should have switched place in this draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad