Prospect Info: Andrew Basha, 2024 Round 2 #41 overall

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

There’s little doubt that Basha will be a first-round pick, but where he falls is harder to project. Some scouts love his vision and playmaking abilities and see him as the Tigers’ main play-driver, while others are concerned that he might be more of a recipient from linemates Lindstrom and Gavin McKenna. Those differing opinions have placed him anywhere from a fringe lottery pick to one of the last picks on day one. Thankfully, his most recent performances in the WHL Playoffs proved that he still could be a top offensive threat even with Lindstrom not at his best. That should guarantee him a place somewhere in the early 20s on draft day.

I like it. Any relation to the Basha Foods empire around here?

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Good pick. Looks like he slipped quite a bit to get to #41.. I remember him being first on the available list on the broadcast before our 28th pick.

Reactions: Fig

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010

At least there's a ready made sponsorship opportunity

Last edited:
Reactions: DCDM

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
His dad/family owns the Garrison Pub in Calgary apparently, grew up a Flames fan (I mean his family lives here).

Flames getting this guy in the 2nd is damn good pick.

Reactions: Fig and Ace Rimmer

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I noticed a heads up comment in his scouting report. I feel like the flames are falling liking that attribute this year. It sounds like this was a great local kid and value pick. I hope he pans out.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00