Value of: Andrei Kuzmenko

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gman88

Jan 3, 2022
With Kuzmenko not playing upto his pace last season (he was unlikely to score 39 again), what's his value right now? It would have been best to offload him last season for the most value but that ship has sailed and with how unhappy Tocchet is with Kuzmenko's play, I'm sure the Canucks would consider moving on from him if it means getting back a top 6 winger or top 4 Dman in a package.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
I would say not much. Looks like a lazy player half of the time and refuses to play the right way.

• Haha
Reactions: bh53

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
He's still a good player but I think it's becoming clear he's just not a fit for our team.

Canucks would be looking for a hockey trade, a better fitting winger or a D. Or assets that we could move for one.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I'd argue this season's Kuzmenko is far closerr to the reality of what he is. He's scoring on 11.6% of his shots (which is about league average) I dont think he's under performing. Or if he is it's not by much. He's pacing for 15-16 goals and 50-55 points. His contract isn't bad fir that level of production. He doesn't shoot that much, but A team looking for a top 6 setup guy could do worse.

I'm not sure who would be looking for a player of his ilk but as long as Canuck fans aren't expecting to get a return based on what he did last season There could be a hockey trade to be made. I assume Vancouver would still like to upgrade their D a bit more

Reactions: zeeto

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I don't think there would be a lot of interest. He isn't underperforming. This is what he was last year too. The shooting percentage was just a lot higher. It's similar to Mangiapane. He got the deal based on a career high shooting percentage.

Reactions: zeeto

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
I was actually just about to post a very similar thread.

Canucks would want a hockey trade for sure. Problem is that Kuzmenko would leave a big hole in the top 9.

Could see the Rangers having interest

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
He's on a good contract and I think would fit well with the Canes. The issue there is I don't think the Canes would part with any current contributors in a trade and Vancouver is also trying to contend and wouldn't want futures. I don't follow Vancouver super closely but is there a reason they would trade him right now? Are there other forwards who should be or are getting ice time over him and now he's just not being utilized ideally? I'd gladly trade a pick & B prospect.

Reactions: Unsustainable

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
He is a Millstein client. He isnt going anywhere.

Its not a good look if the Canucks wined and dined him, sign him to an extension only to trade him 20 games into it.

Millstein has been doing a great job funneling clients to us, thats not a bridge you want to burn.

Reactions: MrSparkle

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
He is a Millstein client. He isnt going anywhere.

Its not a good look if the Canucks wined and dined him, sign him to an extension only to trade him 20 games into it.

Millstein has been doing a great job funneling clients to us, thats not a bridge you want to burn.
We changed coaches and philosophies.

Things change.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Absolutely idiotic move not to cash in on his 20% shooting or whatever it was at the deadline last season. Tampa would have probably offered the Jeannot package and then some since Kuzmenko was making close to league minimum. Every contender could have easily fit him under the cap.

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Absolutely idiotic move not to cash in on his 20% shooting or whatever it was at the deadline last season. Tampa would have probably offered the Jeannot package and then some since Kuzmenko was making close to league minimum. Every contender could have easily fit him under the cap.
It was an idiotic move to not trade a wicked 1st line sniper who clicked incredibly well with the team's franchise center? Please explain. You act like it was all luck that was the reason Kuzmenko had such a good season last year. Did you watch him play?

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
It was an idiotic move to not trade a wicked 1st line sniper who clicked incredibly well with the team's franchise center? Please explain. You act like it was all luck that was the reason Kuzmenko had such a good season last year. Did you watch him play?
His shooting percentage was 27.3%. You didn’t need to watch a single shift to know this guy was never under any circumstances going to come close to that goal scoring rate ever again. Especially since we’re talking about a 27 year old in his first NHL season and not prime Mike Bossy.

Reactions: zeeto and Qwijibo

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
His shooting percentage was 27.3%. You didn’t need to watch a single shift to know this guy was never under any circumstances going to come close to that goal scoring rate ever again. Especially since we’re talking about a 27 year old in his first NHL season and not prime Mike Bossy.
Did you watch him play or are you just looking at his shooting percentage? You realize he actually played up to the standard of the points he put up, right? He also had 35 assists with his goals. He played like a 1st line winger. If you watched him play, you'd realize how well he clicked with EP and why the Canucks weren't going to trade him for futures of all things.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Did you watch him play or are you just looking at his shooting percentage? You realize he actually played up to the standard of the points he put up, right? He also had 35 assists with his goals. He played like a 1st line winger. If you watched him play, you'd realize how well he clicked with EP and why the Canucks weren't going to trade him for futures of all things.
Andrei Kuzmenko played up to the standard of someone scoring on almost twice as many shots as Auston Matthews, the league's best finisher, has over his career? If that's true the Hall of Fame should make an exception and induct him while he's still playing.

Nobody is saying Kuzmenko had 20 goals go in off his ass but the fact remains nobody in the NHL sustains anything close to a 27% or even 20% shooting percentage in the long run. He could compensate for this by generating far more shots but he's not a good enough player to do so. This was the most glaringly obvious sell high moment in recent history and the Canucks whiffed.

Brent Burns Beard