Value of: Andreas Johnsson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HoBOonFiRE

Nov 8, 2009
Oshawa
Kapanen is a drastically better player than Johnsson and isnt coming off a massive injury. Just like how Marner’s contract had no effect on Rantanen's, Rutherford's stupidity should have no effect on Johnsson's value
I'm not sure if you're a leaf fan but Kapanen is not drastically better. They are very close in terms of production and usage.

I might be a bit biased but I've always preferred Johnsson over Kappy.

Reactions: Crosscrease14

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I'd retain 500k on wood to get bracco. I don't mind acquiring him to be a top guy in the ahl as others graduate. We have our own similar guy in Brett Seney.

That is kind of my expectation for Bracco.

He has shown he can be a pretty dominant AHLer, and a really elite passer/PP artist.
If you can find a way to get him to buy into a more 'pro' mindset or mentality, he could still have a solid NHL career. But, he is already at the elite AHLer level, which still has value.

If your a team who is still looking to develop a good amount of guys through the AHL, he could be a real asset.

Essentially this trade saves the Leafs 900k against the cap, which isnt a ton, but is more than Sandin, Robertson, Brooks, Liljgren, or Agostino will make against the cap. Thats enough to carry an extra forward or dman.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
AJ - 2.6, 2.5, 2.5 (3.4 AAV)

Crouse - 1.35, 2.25 (1.533 AAV)
Wood - 2.5, 2.5 (2.75 AAV)
Both are guys with size, and some snarl. Both teams need to find some scoring. Wood is obviously a bit better now, but Crouse may have the better upside if he develops well.

Another guy who could make sense would be Marcus Foligno. Good defensive 3W, a bit cheaper at 2.875 aav, but owed 3m next year.

In any trade for AJ, if the Leafs are bringing someone back who is meant to play, I am looking for them to add a prospect to try and get some retention.

I.e. AJ + Bracco for Wood @ 2.25m aav or Crouse at 1.033

I would LOVE to get Crouse

Reactions: Marner4Life

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'd retain 500k on wood to get bracco. I don't mind acquiring him to be a top guy in the ahl as others graduate. We have our own similar guy in Brett Seney.

You are willing to trade Miles Wood for Bracco? I think that is doable

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
It was pretty evident that the Leafs had very little forward depth when they played against Columbus. Trading Kapanen and Johnsson makes this even worse. And they don't have much in the pipeline other than Robertson.

bad take. leafs got shut down by goaltending.

Some of the bright spots outside of Matthews were kerfoot and the 4th line of Clifford, spez, Engvall.

Kap was bad, Johnsson barley played. Don’t see how them gone make Toronto worse.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
My guess is one of the million seconds that ottawa has.

AJ is owed 2.6 x 3. He is healthy and he was a good player for Smith.

heck he was clearly better than brown and ottawa wanted him. Of the leafs players that ottawa wanted.

AJ is clearly better than the 3 they already took

This might have made sense a year ago, and the value is fine .... but wouldn’t Ottawa just put Formenton in the NHL in 2021? He seems to me like a younger version of AJ with potentially a higher ceiling.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
You are willing to trade Miles Wood for Bracco? I think that is doable
This one didn't age real well.

But if you go on the Devils' threads you could probably still find fans thinking that way.

As for Johnsson, still can see him contributing as a late season call up or injury fill in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad