Value of: Andreas Johnsson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
, I think With Kapanen netting a 1st and a good prospect, that does nothing but increase Johnsson's value.

I'm not suggesting Johnsson gets another 1st I don't think he does, I don't think there is another GM has desperate as Pittsburgh is to win another cup before the window closes.

But Johnsson has a scored 20 goals and has a good contract I think that can land a 2nd and a 3rd or a 2nd and a prospect.

For those wondering why Toronto would mive Johnsson if his contract is good they are completely changing the bottom 6.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Possibly worth a 4th or 5th round pick. Coming off major knee surgery without proving he can still be a 20/20 middle 6er limits interest.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Kapanen is a drastically better player than Johnsson and isnt coming off a massive injury. Just like how Marner’s contract had no effect on Rantanen's, Rutherford's stupidity should have no effect on Johnsson's value
No he isn't. If Johnsson's injury leads to a permanent reduction in his ability then Kap will be drastically better going forward but that hasn't been the case in the past.

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
This would be selling him at his lowest value. With a good year, he might be worth as much as a high 2nd round pick (really what Kapanen should have been dealt for) - However, in order to shake up the roster, the Leafs will either have to move him or one of the big contracts now.

Doubt much more than a 3rd would be offered up at this time, or perhaps a cheaper roster player with grit.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Kappy is several years younger and isn’t coming off a major injury.

I think he will be a great buy low asset for a team and will rebound but he is coming off a bad season where he got hurt and everyone knows we are looking to cut salary.

A potential steal for someone that trades for him but a 2nd definitely gets it done maybe even a 3rd.

Reactions: qqaz

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Possibly worth a 4th or 5th round pick. Coming off major knee surgery without proving he can still be a 20/20 middle 6er limits interest.

When was the last time you saw a recent 20 goal scorer get traded for a mid round pick? UFA rights aside you will be hard pressed to come up with a recent answer

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Kappy is several years younger and isn’t coming off a major injury.

I think he will be a great buy low asset for a team and will rebound but he is coming off a bad season where he got hurt and everyone knows we are looking to cut salary.

A potential steal for someone that trades for him but a 2nd definitely gets it done maybe even a 3rd.

Kapanen is a year younger

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
My guess is one of the million seconds that ottawa has.

AJ is owed 2.6 x 3. He is healthy and he was a good player for Smith.

heck he was clearly better than brown and ottawa wanted him. Of the leafs players that ottawa wanted.

AJ is clearly better than the 3 they already took

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
This would be selling him at his lowest value. With a good year, he might be worth as much as a high 2nd round pick (really what Kapanen should have been dealt for) - However, in order to shake up the roster, the Leafs will either have to move him or one of the big contracts now.

Doubt much more than a 3rd would be offered up at this time, or perhaps a cheaper roster player with grit.

Depending on who it was a cheaper roster player might be perfect

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It's funny that people are saying mid round picks, when Kase netted the ducks a 1st and Kase is much MUCH more injury prone.

If Kase gets a 1st Johnsson gets at least a 2nd, or prospect that is the equivalent of a 2nd

Reactions: axlrose87

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
It's funny that people are saying mid round picks, when Kase netted the ducks a 1st and Kase is much MUCH more injury prone.

If Kase gets a 1st Johnsson gets at least a 2nd, or prospect that is the equivalent of a 2nd
Kaše got a first because the Ducks took the last year & a half of the Backes contract.

Reactions: AndreiThreeK

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
When was the last time you saw a recent 20 goal scorer get traded for a mid round pick? UFA rights aside you will be hard pressed to come up with a recent answer

When was the last time you saw a player with a major knee injury traded before he showed any recovery?

Ryan Dzingle is a recent 26 goal scorer and if the Canes traded him without salary coming back I think they would get about the same ~4th or 5th round pick.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
At this point, I get a pretty good laugh out of being told that our wingers have no value.

Johnsson is a good hockey player and worth at least a 2nd. The injury hurts his value, but teams like Detroit, Ottawa, and LA would do well to pick him up and get some depth scoring for the next few years.

He's significantly better than Kapanen offensively. Much smarter and able to handle give and goes with top talent, he always looked good when playing with Mathews or Tavares and is able to put up some points on the PP. He's a bit small, but not afraid of going to the greasy areas to bang in rebounds or muck it up in the corners. Kapanen obviously has the game-breaking speed and PK ability that Johnsson doesn't. The salary cap and team-wide changes might force him out, but like most of the wingers we've traded away in the last few years, he's a good hockey player and teams will pay good prices for quality depth players.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Benning straight up or a 2021 3rd + 4th . Maybe Leafs add something good and get Larsson

Forget Benning. But a 3rd and 4th would do it for me. And I'd certainly add something good to get Larsson.

What kind of add were you thinking? I'd add a pick, but not a 1st. Is Dermott of interest to Edmonton?

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Short of the Leafs acquiring Pietrangelo, they actually don't have much reason to move him for a futures-oriented trade.

That being said, he'll likely be used either as part of the deal to get the RHD they need, or if they can acquire somebody cheaper on the cap, maybe with a little more bite, maybe somebody like Sam Bennett or Lawson Crouse

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
A Shaw was traded with 3 years left at $3.9M for a 2nd and 3rd. Similar numbers.. Johnson is younger Shaw was coming off a good season playing with Domi. I say Johnson has that type of value (+/-). With a flat cap off season and coming of injury? This affects Johnson's value a bit. Most will be asking themselves... Does he have good stats cause he played with the Leafs top 6?

I think Kapanen had more value and I think some Leafs fans also said that here and over the last year. I agreed with them and now some are saying Johnsson has the same value? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad