Anders Lee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
It's crazy to think of how impressive that 2009 draft can look if Lee ends this season strong.

Tavares; de Haan; Cizikas; Lee; Nilsson(who still has 1B potential, IMO); and the intriguing Koskinen, who is in the middle of an epic KHL season.

Lee seems to be a solid fit for Strome. His size and strength is something that can really benefit Ryan. Please keep them together for the duration, and maybe even shift Nelson on to the line once Nielsen gets back. IMO this should be our 2nd line next season, and will be relied upon heavily for secondary scoring. Need to get them as much experience now as we can.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
It's crazy to think of how impressive that 2009 draft can look if Lee ends this season strong.

Tavares; de Haan; Cizikas; Lee; Nilsson(who still has 1B potential, IMO); and the intriguing Koskinen, who is in the middle of an epic KHL season.

Lee seems to be a solid fit for Strome. His size and strength is something that can really benefit Ryan. Please keep them together for the duration, and maybe even shift Nelson on to the line once Nielsen gets back. IMO this should be our 2nd line next season, and will be relied upon heavily for secondary scoring. Need to get them as much experience now as we can.

The best part about Lee is you know what your getting and you could already see it. It's not like your waiting for him to "get it."

On a side note Koskinen absolutely NEEDS to be brought back over after the season. This team needs to know if he has the goods.

N Ireland Nets Fan

May 13, 2013
Rochester, New York
Has his defensive play gotten better? Haven't paid much attention to BP this season.

I'm not sure it has but it's something, along with his skating, to really work on in the off season.

The fact Cappy gave Strome's line, I believe due to Lee being on it, sheltered offensive zone minutes points to the idea that Lee's defensive play is still under developed.

When Strome was with the Islanders previously it seemed Cappy was wanting Strome to work on his defensive game because he received a high number of defensive zone starts which turned around against the Leafs with Lee on his line.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Have watched Lee since he was in minor hockey. He's just a winner. Very smart. Don't know what his ceiling is. 2nd liner? Sort of a tougher version of Andrew Brunette. The guy can score. While his speed might not be there, it's nice to have some size and toughness when going against some of the huge D men and power forwards in the league.

Overall, I think he'll be a good complimentary player for years to come. Don't think he'll be a main guy. I would love to have him in the Wild organization.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Have watched Lee since he was in minor hockey. He's just a winner. Very smart. Don't know what his ceiling is. 2nd liner? Sort of a tougher version of Andrew Brunette. The guy can score. While his speed might not be there, it's nice to have some size and toughness when going against some of the huge D men and power forwards in the league.

Overall, I think he'll be a good complimentary player for years to come. Don't think he'll be a main guy. I would love to have him in the Wild organization.

I see him as a 20-30 goal, 50 point 2nd liner who scores almost all his goals from 5 feet and in. Great guy to park in front of the net on the PP and let him clean up the trash.

I think the skating issues are overrated as are the defensive problems. experience takes time, but a tremendous player out of a 6th round pick.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I see him as a 20-30 goal, 50 point 2nd liner who scores almost all his goals from 5 feet and in. Great guy to park in front of the net on the PP and let him clean up the trash.

I think the skating issues are overrated as are the defensive problems. experience takes time, but a tremendous player out of a 6th round pick.

As bad as the isles were yesterday he didn't look slow.

bluechipbonzo

Feb 12, 2010
Ottawa
Just watching the stride tonight an its quite powerful...it looks to be a mechanics issue and this can be augmented with some work.

Faster than Lucic that's fo shizzle.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I know it won't last but ppg so far...

I really like seeing these big bodies in the top 6, and Lee is looking like that net front presence we have missed forever.

N Ireland Nets Fan

May 13, 2013
Rochester, New York
I know it won't last but ppg so far...

I really like seeing these big bodies in the top 6, and Lee is looking like that net front presence we have missed forever.

You really notice the size difference when Lee is on the ice, seems to cause defenders more problems on the boards with his size as well. Hopefully he continues his good run and this summer works hard to improve his weaknesses because he looks a great prospect.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Gotta get Lee into the Dungeon.

He's already a man child, but being around Tavares and co. will help. Still, he's a Minny kid so he might join the Minny Crew led by Okposo. I do hope he gets to spend some time with Dawn Braid, our goddess skating guru.

I hope he and Strome develop the BFF relationship, power winger with a playmaking center. Need to find that long term RW'er for them. S. Reinhart? :sarcasm:

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
He's already a man child, but being around Tavares and co. will help. Still, he's a Minny kid so he might join the Minny Crew led by Okposo. I do hope he gets to spend some time with Dawn Braid, our goddess skating guru.

I hope he and Strome develop the BFF relationship, power winger with a playmaking center. Need to find that long term RW'er for them. S. Reinhart? :sarcasm:

Love seeing the power of both Lee and Brock and what that dimension brings to this team. I wish we could bring in a veteran power forward to mentor these guys (Penner type). This team needed to get bigger and if we had one more big winger (preferably a veteran), that would perfectly complement our smaller skilled players.

Hipster Doofus

Sep 1, 2006
Love seeing the power of both Lee and Brock and what that dimension brings to this team. I wish we could bring in a veteran power forward to mentor these guys (Penner type). This team needed to get bigger and if we had one more big winger (preferably a veteran), that would perfectly complement our smaller skilled players.

Penner has frequently come into camps out of shape and is often noted for his lack of consistent effort.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Penner has frequently come into camps out of shape and is often noted for his lack of consistent effort.

I never heard that but game time he is a difficult hombre to play against. Wasn't necessarily talking about Penner specifically, but sure there is a guy with a good work ethic who could lead by example. Bottom line is team needs a bit more size and some veteran leadership to teach these guys how to win.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
I forgot about Nino a long time ago, let it go man.

Lee is looking very good so far, hope he can keep chugging along and have a strong end of season. We could have an absolute steal in him.

I still love Clutterbuck.....ESPECIALLY in physical games where he picks it up a few notches {hint: fire Capuano and bring in a real coach so we see more of this!}

Lee looked great away from the puck last night, FWIW. Give him more time and he's gonna remind me more and more of Duane Sutter mixed with Tim Kerr.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006

Other than his Twitter feed - which is comedy gold, he is not really a vet to set an example for the youngsters.

Dustinpenner25: “@strombone1: ” Hey bud. Quick question. Do we get the air miles or does the team for the flights?

Last edited:

Hipster Doofus

Sep 1, 2006
I never heard that but game time he is a difficult hombre to play against. Wasn't necessarily talking about Penner specifically, but sure there is a guy with a good work ethic who could lead by example. Bottom line is team needs a bit more size and some veteran leadership to teach these guys how to win.

He's difficult to play against when he wants to; when he's skating hard and playing up and down the rink he's a physical presence. Otherwise he's content just being big and standing in one spot and watching his teammates bust their ass .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad