Post-Game Talk: And4son

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Sounds like he's trying to convince Keefe.

This seventh rounder never fooled me for a second, all these years, the guy just ain't good.

But someone taught him how to deflect. Might be the best, I have ever seen.

Or heard. Politics next Frederick.

Brilliant strategy by Dubas. Kyle knows as I Do this guy is done.

If I Am right we never see this sieve again. \\

If, I am wrong, well heck, no way I am watching this disgrace ever again.

Last edited:

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
What's funny is the Muzzin pregame interview he said all the right things. What the team needs to continue doing, what they need to stop. And then, not one single player played that way.

Yea, you can't fake intensity. I'm not upset if they lose these last two... my bigger worry is bad habbits.
I thought a couple guys were playing hard, Gally, Engvall, JT, Nylander... the rest were out for a family skate... especially the 3rd line and pretty much all the D.
The PP continues to be horrendous... that first group refuse to simplify and still look for the cute play... sometimes making a hard straight up play gets it done. They look like fools out there almost every time... putting the puck in spots where there is no support, no tape to tape passing, etc.
I also though Hutton played hard, but man, he is pretty terrible... good depth no doubt but not a top 6.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Here’s where I’d like our team to be more like on these “nothing games “
Avs up 6-0
Knights up 4-0
That’s what we need to be like !!!!!!

Fairly sure playing a 59 point St. Louis team instead of a 75 point Minnesota team is a lot to play for... Also home ice advantage throughout the playoffs (including their division) is still in reach for them. Those are huge games.

Leafs could care less about these games outside of getting/staying healthy and fresh, and maybe trying a few things while it doesn't matter. These are pretty much just exhibition games at this point. Some top guys made some big errors today, but given the way they have consistently played this year, I do not think it is a concern.

The only thing we need to worry about is hoping Andersen is not playing another game for the Leafs. He played like a subpar AHL goalie in his 1.5 game tuneup with the Marlies and, not surprisingly, continued with it again today.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Sounds like he's trying to convince Keefe.

As I've said for awhile, just go with what has provided the best team play and current position: Campbell/Rittich. Andersen is third string in case of emergency, injury or need.

Just let it be known you are working through your injury/timing/muscle memory, whatever. Need some work in practice and will remain sharp if called upon. You feel good, are trying to feel better etc.

Hopefully ride with the team as 3rd stringer to a Cup celebration. ALWAYS be a good teammate and a team will pay you. He will get a one or two year deal somewhere. He returns to form, his contract after will be above average.

No distractions. Playoffs are upon us, keep the boat steady. Many jobs are on the line, the team has to be focused.

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
Some of you people have no class.

Marner played an amazing game, makes one booboo and now a whole bunch of aholes are condemning him.

We could have Gretzky, Howe, Shore and M.Lemieux on our team, go 82-0 in the regular season and 16-0 in the playoffs and some of you people would still whine and complain. :banghead:
Did the complaining give you an emotional booboo? Maybe Mumma will kiss it better for you

Reactions: Tlo1

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

Marner played an amazing game, makes one booboo and now a whole bunch of aholes are condemning him.

We could have Gretzky, Howe, Shore and M.Lemieux on our team, go 82-0 in the regular season and 16-0 in the playoffs and some of you people would still whine and complain. :banghead:

It was just a dumb mistake (one that I wish he'd stop making but a mistake nonetheless). But in what crazy universe do you see that as an amazing game for Marner? I thought it was one of his worst in a while and I love the guy.

Reactions: mrbagina

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
how has he still not figured out how to block the pass on a 2-on-1? I mean I don't expect him to be as good as Brodie at it but come on

I thought it was a fluke the first few times but this is probably double digits now that he goes down to block the pass after its already past his stick. His hand-eye/anticipation can't possibly be that bad can it?

Tlo1

Nov 6, 2017

It’s what fans do. Give it a rest.

Reactions: The Cobra

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Andersen wasn't great, but the team was poor tonight. Out worked and out hustled. Rielly was an absolute goof and that Marner giveaway in OT was unacceptable. PP continues to be a joke.

Reactions: Tlo1

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
This aspect of his game he can learn from a Foligno. Probably Nash as well. Make the smart, low risk play in your end. Know when to curl and when to dump.

The Matthews goal showed Folignos value. Held the zone along the boards, dump in pass, eventually to Matthews for the finish.

Smart, simple, win the battle for a goal playoff type decision.

Marner is one creative guy, you don't want to discourage that aspect. In his own end in OT? He has made such mistakes before. You can cost yourself a Cup if you do it at the wrong time.
It has to stop

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Fred's been a significant issue the past year and was trouble last year too. Prior to that he was solid, but I'm not going to pretend he gave us some unbelievable goaltending that couldn't be matched by someone else.

Fred has been great in the regular season, but mediocre to sub par in the playoffs. Especially in momentum shifting moments. The numbers dont tell that story but the momentum and team morale does.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

If this is a good game for Andersen by his standards, I hope he liked his time in the AHL. He'll be back soon

Freddy comes across as a narcissist to me. I think he's completely unaware of his faults. Also if you noticed, on the second goal where Matthews was behind him, after the puck was clearly in he did some weird shit with his blocker that came across to me like he was trying to demonstrate that he could have had it if Matthews wasn't in the way.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
I think people gotta put away the pitch forks on marner for the night. This was a legit nothing game. He’s a creative player and wasn’t emotionally or energetically involved all night. That play happened like 10 times throughout the game for him. Keefe realistically shouldn’t have gone with Matthews and marner in OT if he wanted the W. they were both terrible all night. But seeing as though this game was as important as a nipple on a dude, he went to the well and pulled up dogshit

My nipple holds my keychain. Yes, I have very long nipples, all the way down to my back pocket wallet chain hookup.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
Meh. Totally meaningless game. I had it on but only looked up when it sounded like something was happening. The Marner OT screw up can't happen. Ever. Possession of course everything in OT. We had cleanly. For about one second. Looking forward to the playoffs instead of these meaningless competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad