Post-Game Talk: And4son

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Glad they gave Andersen the start tonight in this meaningless game even if his performance wasn’t pretty. Yeah, Campbell is going to be the starter but you never know what might happen in the playoffs, especially when it comes to injuries. Better Andersen work off the rust now then in a playoff game.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Just a question. Are you really a Leaf fan or a Sens fan? Because here you claim to be Leafs fan who has adopted Senators as your "second team" because of German Stutzle.

Value of: - OTT-TOR

And here you are making a joke of Leaf fans by referring to them as "they" :laugh:

GDT: - Game 56 | Leafs @ Senators | Season concludes | Wednesday May 12th, 8:00PM | SN, TVAS2

So which one is it?
I love fans

Want me to sign your profile? You’re obviously keeping up with me.

Even replied instantly in another thread.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
1st goal no chance

2nd goal dont know what the F happened and stupid shorty

3rd goal lucky bounce IMO right where the kid got up

4th goal hung out to dry

I think I start Freddie again against the Jets to see where he's at
He needs the reps more than Campbell does. I don’t trust Andersen anymore. I wouldn’t mind reinforcing why against the Jets either. If Andersen plays we lose and he gives a stinky one up from a point shot again like usual.

Not to be trusted but all the players just love him. Whatever it’s not a popularity contest. He can sit in the playoffs and watch Campbell

Reactions: The Cobra

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
This aspect of his game he can learn from a Foligno. Probably Nash as well. Make the smart, low risk play in your end. Know when to curl and when to dump.

The Matthews goal showed Folignos value. Held the zone along the boards, dump in pass, eventually to Matthews for the finish.

Smart, simple, win the battle for a goal playoff type decision.

Marner is one creative guy, you don't want to discourage that aspect. In his own end in OT? He has made such mistakes before. You can cost yourself a Cup if you do it at the wrong time.

you should be on TSN. Great insight

Reactions: GardinerTheForward

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

If this is a good game for Andersen by his standards, I hope he liked his time in the AHL. He'll be back soon

He was subpar in the AHL against the Moose, who are not even that great of a team. The Marlies defense is not exactly stellar ever since Moore has taken over, and every goalie has struggled behind them, but Andersen is supposed to be an NHL starter (or at least an NHL goalie). He looked like a subpar AHL goalie in his 1.5 games... Even Woll has not had too many games where he looked that bad and he has a .875 save percentage (or whereabouts) under Moore.

.857 today. .885 with the Marlies. His Marlies numbers are actually better than how he played.

He's pretty much another Holtby at this point, except Holtby was at least a Vezina-caliber goalie at one point.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Good news / bad news with that loss.

- One point got us into 5th and with Minnesota getting blown out so far, doesn't look like anyone can catch us.
- Moving up looks impossible with Colorado blowing out LA. Can't catch Florida now with tonight's loss due to ROW's.

Looks like 5th overall is a lock. Not too shabby.

Actually, it's not a lock at all. Just realized we're actually not even ahead of Pittsburgh, TSN has it wrong. We're tied in points, RW's and ROW's. The next tie-breaker is wins and they have 2 on us. Need a point against Winnipeg or we drop to 6th.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Marner could've turned up ice and had a 2 on 1 with matthews. Not a good play.

Of course 2 ex leafs score and another guy gets his first goal. A very leaf thing to do.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
*By my viewing, that was one boring hockey game.
*Foligno was effective with T and N, but Galch less so with M and M, I'd switch them back and throw Hyman on the 3rd, which showed little, imo, though I thought Kerfoot worked hard.
*I would not start Simmonds in the 1st against the Habs. I'm guessing his hand is still bothering him, but his passing skills are awful.
*Even on a quiet night, Matthews...
*Andersen locked up the backup position tonight.

*You always want more, but this was a dull game by the team. Shrug it off, get ready for the playoffs, that's all that matters. Have a good night folks :)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I think people gotta put away the pitch forks on marner for the night. This was a legit nothing game. He’s a creative player and wasn’t emotionally or energetically involved all night. That play happened like 10 times throughout the game for him. Keefe realistically shouldn’t have gone with Matthews and marner in OT if he wanted the W. they were both terrible all night. But seeing as though this game was as important as a nipple on a dude, he went to the well and pulled up dogshit
He’s getting what he deserves. Don’t kill your team being a hotdog with the puck in your own end. It’s as stupid as it gets for being responsible with the puck. Matthews probably could have gotten another one if it lasted longer than 10 stinkin seconds.

It was greedy hot dogging and he knew it himself

Reactions: moon111

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Freddy comes across as a narcissist to me. I think he's completely unaware of his faults. Also if you noticed, on the second goal where Matthews was behind him, after the puck was clearly in he did some weird shit with his blocker that came across to me like he was trying to demonstrate that he could have had it if Matthews wasn't in the way.

That goal he was way out of the crease. The first and third were flukes I can't really fault him for and the OT winner we just know he won't come in clutch for. Typical mediocre goaltending from him.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
He needs the reps more than Campbell does. I don’t trust Andersen anymore. I wouldn’t mind reinforcing why against the Jets either. If Andersen plays we lose and he gives a stinky one up from a point shot again like usual.

Not to be trusted but all the players just love him. Whatever it’s not a popularity contest. He can sit in the playoffs and watch Campbell

Campbell is going to start but still need someone just in case Campbell stinks up the joint in the playoffs. I have zero faith in Rittich. Need to give andersen some games at the NHL level. If not the intensity at least NHL shot and in-game experience to get him gong a little

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
I thought Rielly looked like he was trying to man-up a little bit more. He's still a little too much worried about the puck and not covering his man in his own zone at times, but like to see him
getting more focused on making life difficult for the opposition.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Meh. Totally meaningless game. I had it on but only looked up when it sounded like something was happening. The Marner OT screw up can't happen. Ever. Possession of course everything in OT. We had cleanly. For about one second. Looking forward to the playoffs instead of these meaningless competitions.

It wasn't meaningless, not sure why people keep saying this. We had the opportunity to leapfrog at least two teams tonight that will have fans in the stands come playoffs in the 3rd round if we're lucky enough to be there. The next game isn't meaningless either (see my post above).

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016
Freddy in post game interview: "I'm happy with how I played. The other team got some fortunate bounces but I don't see what I could have done differently."

He was absolute dogshit

Not only was he still way off positionally, I counted at least 10 times where he had no idea where the puck was

He was lucky as f*** he only gave up 4 goals because he had his eyes closed on half his saves

Reactions: vpasla1

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Campbell is going to start but still need someone just in case Campbell stinks up the joint in the playoffs. I have zero faith in Rittich. Need to give andersen some games at the NHL level. If not the intensity at least NHL shot and in-game experience to get him gong a little
He’s been “gong” more than a little already:)

A good start would have to be outstanding for me to trust he’s coming around. He’s been so bad so long that he’s done for me. I would back Campbell up with Hutch. He’s a different goalie this year. He’s doesn’t have fragile confidence this year. He was really solid actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad