Post-Game Talk: And4son

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
He would be a great player to keep but also bear in mind he's making the most of an opportunity he wouldn't have in Toronto. He's getting top line minutes, and PP opportunities galore all with a career high shooting percentage.

Great PKer, hard worker, and he'll have a nice career though.
He's getting a much bigger role there, but he'd still be PP2, PK1 and Top 6 with us IMO.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
It was ROW until last year when it was changed to RW.

Understood. So to tie a bow on this:

- No points tomorrow we finish 6th.
- 1 point tomorrow, we finish 5th.
- 2 points tomorrow, no matter how, we finish 4th.

All with very real playoff implications for a team aspiring to make it out of the North division.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
He would be a great player to keep but also bear in mind he's making the most of an opportunity he wouldn't have in Toronto. He's getting top line minutes, and PP opportunities galore all with a career high shooting percentage.

Great PKer, hard worker, and he'll have a nice career though.
Oh I am well aware of that. He would be nothing more than a 3rd liner in TO. Not because he is not capable of playing higher in the lineup, but more because he would be boxed out by our talent. But I always loved his approach to the game. Always competes hard. Happy to see him doing well in OTT. Well deserved.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Calling occupants of interplanetary craft
Calling occupants of interplanetary, most extraordinary craft ....
Anyone out there (zeke ) or any other stats scientist , Big Bang eggheads ;) have any stats on our 3 on 3 numbers
Who ?
What ?
Time ?
GF
GA
And anything else that could tell us about our play and players in the Circus portion of the game
Thank you
Much appreciated
Go Leafs Go

I drove from toronto to sarasota back to toronto in a car powered by a cell phone, does this help...Course we were told to cease and desist or the car would be impounded, we weren't paying the hidden gas tax.

The hidden gas tax was instituted for mad scientists of the present and future who thought they could drive around powered by air, water, emf etc...

This help TK...

btw, we demonstrated it to shayne corson, we poured two litres of water into the gas tank, you should have seen his face.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Adults don’t use terms like booboo so join my in the play pen Mr.Mature

There used to be a saying before you were born that said: 'Real men don't eat quiche' - my response to that was: 'Real men don't care what other men eat' - it's similar to how an adult doesn't care how another adult wears his hair. Don't worry about it though because I don't expect you to understand any of this.

btw - join your what in the playpen? [don't expect you to comprehend this either]

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Oh I am well aware of that. He would be nothing more than a 3rd liner in TO. Not because he is not capable of playing higher in the lineup, but more because he would be boxed out by our talent. But I always loved his approach to the game. Always competes hard. Happy to see him doing well in OTT. Well deserved.
We spent most of the Season looking for a winger to play with Taveras-Nylander, I think it's fair to say that's where he would have played if he was still a Leaf.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I'm happy for Connor Brown, but the truth is he probably wouldn't even be in the top 9 on our current team. He's making the most of his opportunity and good for him.

Points are just a bonus for Brown... his work ethic combined with his skill is what makes him valuable. His work ethic is similar to Hyman. Would've been nice to keep him, he's a work horse, likeable and probably loved playing in Toronto. I think he would've been a cost controlled player (doesn't have a big ego) throughout his career and a staple on the 3rd line with the ability to move up when needed.. Hindsight is 20/20 but it would've been ideal obviously to keep him over Johnsson. He'd be a better fit then Kerfoot. Can't WIN them all, but I never liked the idea of moving him. Skilled work horses are hard to find. He should've been part of the core.

Foligno Matthews Marner
Hyman Tavares Nylander
Mikheyev Engvall Brown

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I'm happy for Connor Brown, but the truth is he probably wouldn't even be in the top 9 on our current team. He's making the most of his opportunity and good for him.

Brown was always a good soldier and seemed like a nice guy, but fundamentally it comes down to opportunity. SOMEBODY has to put up points for a team, and he gets leaded on there like a first liner.

Of he had stayed in Toronto he'd still be a depth/utility guy bouncing between the bottom two lines and not going anywhere near the pp

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Not that Connor Brown should be anywhere near your team right now, but there are some fundamental misconceptions going on here.

1. Connor Brown does not play on the 1st line.

The first line has been Batherson-Norris-Tkachuk for some time.

2. Connor Brown hasn't played consistently with good players.

The Stutzle-Pinto-Brown line was only recently put together and seems promising.

His most frequent centre was offensive blackhole Chris Tierney, while Stutzle would frequently play with White and Dadonov on the 2nd line.

3. Connor Brown does not see a lion's share of PP opportunities.

In terms of PP/TOI per game, he's 12th among Senators forwards. For total PP/TOI, he's 5th, but he's one of the few who played all 56 games.

His career high in terms of PP points is with the Leafs.

He only had 1 PP goal and 3 PP assists compared with his league-leading 5 SHG.

At even strength, his 15 goals and 11 assists at even strength would be 3rd on the Leafs in goals and 6th in points.

He'll be playing for Canada at the upcoming World Championships (albeit on a pretty weak team) so you can catch a game or two in the afternoon if you're working from home.

Anyway, good luck with your post-season campaign ladies and gentlemen.

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
I'm pretty confident 3v3 in the playoffs will not happen in any series let alone ours. And to be honest I see where you are coming from because it looks so bad when Auston and Mitch get butt f***ed in 3 on 3, but they are our best chance to win any game in any situation. Didn't work out for us last night, or even the last 2 OT's. But I'll bet on those guys vs. Norris and Tkchuck any f***ing day of the week. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

sorry I misread your comment, you said Jets not Canadiens. My bad. Still early here in Van lol
There's no 3v3 in the playoffs, they just keep playing 5v5 OT til someone scores.

Or has something changed?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Why do we keep rolling out Freddy 4DerSieve ... OMG he looks fat and useless now .. completely washed up .. every game he plays whether in AHL or NHL he gets outgoalied .. why did we do that? .. I would have rather had Nash and Zach get in a game or two ... bad management call there .. if this guy gets close to Leafs net in a game that matters (unless other 3 get injured) then Dubie/ Shanny need to get relieved of their duties .. and I say that as a childhood friend of Shanny .. Shanny fyi not smart doing what Matty wants

mrbagina

Jan 4, 2017
We'd have zero playoffs the last 4 years without Fred on the team. People realize that right ? It's a fact. Not an opinion.

I dont understand the need to speak about like he's a piece of dirt. If his time is done here, fine. But the hatred is such a pain to watch. I don't understand it.

He was a big part of this team leaving the dark ages.

We have zero reasons to be this angry. Our team is sick and we have a goalie with the potential to take over Fred's job. Life is good for Leafs fans.
I think part of it has to do with the lack of accountiblity from Fred. Campbell lets in a softy and he has to be talked off the ledge because he feels so bad about it and Fred shits the bed and acts like he is happy with himself and those around him need to step up. One is endearing the other is .....not.

mrbagina

Jan 4, 2017
No

he’s really not. He’s actually worst of the three after Campbell. I would have liked him to show different than before the injury. It was same

This is what I saw as well. The same weird stuff that has been driving me crazy for a while. He sets up and once the shot is taken he is like frozen for a couple of seconds, whether the shot goes wide, gets deflected or hits him, his response and reaction time is catatonic.

His default drop to the knees whenever someone blinks is just weird. Wtf was he doing on the goal he was "screened"? On his knees hiding behind the two players in front of him with the puck at the point. He didn't even try to look around. One of the first things I noticed about Campbell is while he will drop down as well, its not default for him, he will stand up to the shooter. Freddy drops down pretty much as soon as the puck drops. Many time on replays you can see if he just stood up the puck would just hit him. He is a big guy but doesnt use it to his advantage at all.

And last but not least, I have and always have had issue with Freds demeanor, he lacks ooomph and a pulse. Campbell has both and most of us recognized it right away. Freds lack of personal responsibility in his interviews after a bad game are polar opposite to that of Soupy's and I know which one I appreciate more. I had a hard time watching Freddy on the ice last night (it doesnt look right) and am a little nervous that he may get a shot at it somewhere along the line in these playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad