Speculation: And yet again...the Off-Topic Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Did Switzerland and France last summer, would highly recommend Bernese Oberland area if you are a nature lover. Be a good amount of tourists but if you do any moderate walk up the mountain it thins out pretty quickly. We planned to do the tour du mont blanc but plans changed so we did our bases out of Chamonix, Zermatt and Grindelwald. Would love to go back and check out Italy next year and Austria.

Did not expect open pits of bears in Bern... that was a surprise. I guess a quick Google search would have been helpful.
Switzerland is heaven on earth, and I've only been in Geneva. To imagine it gets more beautiful, holy hell.

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
Speaking of Switzerland my work has a lottery going on for 40 employees to do a site visit/knowledge transfer with CERN and I tossed my name into the hat.

The science is way above my head when it comes to that sort of stuff but if they want someone with child like wonder at the large hadron collider, I'm that guy.

Geezer WC

Standing room
Jan 29, 2022
Not sure where to post this. How does one block an avatar? How is a symbol for 'The British Union of Fascists' even allowed?

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
Not sure where to post this. How does one block an avatar? How is a symbol for 'The British Union of Fascists' even allowed?
Pretty sure you have to block the user altogether. But also, if you report it, it would probably be removed. It's not a well-known symbol so probably flying under the radar. Who the hell is using it??

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Pretty sure you have to block the user altogether. But also, if you report it, it would probably be removed. It's not a well-known symbol so probably flying under the radar. Who the hell is using it??
I've spent the past ten minutes looking and the closest I could find is this:
1698949429679.png

But I don't think this is the one they were talking about. @Geezer WC, are they blatantly just using the symbol and it's not even hidden?

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
I've spent the past ten minutes looking and the closest I could find is this: View attachment 761761

But I don't think this is the one they were talking about. @Geezer WC, are they blatantly just using the symbol and it's not even hidden?
Yeah that one is just the Grateful Dead, no?

Which.... upon reflection, why the hell would the Grateful Dead choose artwork that includes a skull and lightning bolts? Seems a little..... counter to their vibe lol.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Anyone here watching Gen V on amazon?

Ive been a big fan of The Boys series. This show is making me want to reread all the graphic novels.

Reactions: Fowler524

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007

To be fair (LOL) that organization was from the 1930s when...

What is the definition of fascism in the 1930s?

In its day (the 1920s and 1930s), fascism was seen as the happy medium between boom-and-bust-prone liberal capitalism, with its alleged class conflict, wasteful competition, and profit-oriented egoism, and revolutionary Marxism, with its violent and socially divisive persecution of the bourgeoisie.

That Italian guy ruined the word just like the German guy ruined that cool toothbrush mustache. Just struck me, I bet Charlie Chaplin was pissed. Dude stole his trademark.

just kidding around. Had no clue who they were, what the symbol was. Had to look it up.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
I didn't know this but Gordie Howe's grandson Travis Howe plays for the San Diego Gulls in the AHL. He is a forward more known for scrapping than scoring. 1A in 9 games. He is 6FT 4 225lbs

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
How do I unignore a thread? Somehow I ignored the GDT a moment ago.
If you have the option to click "show ignored content" scroll down to the bottom and push that button. Then scroll up and unignore. If you ignored the OP you've got to unignore them or do the show ignored content button every time. If you have your profile to fully hide ignored content you have to turn that on in the ignore list section of your profile

Reactions: Bondurant

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
So I’ve been holding back on cutting the cord for forever and am finally on the verge of doing it. I currently have both. Last week I watched the wings on ESPN+ so I thought I’d be good. Tried ESPN+ again for the game today and got a message that it’s not available in my area.

That has essentially been my fear forever and why I’ve never made the switch. What’s up with that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad