Blue Jays Discussion: And the off-season begins (list of FA's in Post #1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I've said this before, but a potential effective 1B/DH platoon idea could be Pearce and a different face that Jays fans might be familiar with: Adam Lind.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I wonder if he was left off so it was easier to vote Trout?

Not how it works. Everyone casts their votes from all players. Each vote is 10 players, you vote 1 through 10 with a points system. The top 3 are released as "nominees" in advanced of the reveal of who won. Those are the top 3.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Some guy just retweeted a fake Rosenthal account saying the Jays had resigned EDwin to a 5 year 145 million dollar contract. I just about **** a brick before noticing the tweet was from 3 hours ago

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Negativity might suggest this may be one of those Rogers puff pieces to make it at least seem they made an effort and wanted to re-sign Edwin.

The hunch in me thinks EE goes the route of Estrada by taking a deal below market value because he loves the team and city.

I don't see Davidi as a Rogers mouthpiece. I don't think he's the kind of reporter to throw this stuff out there if he doesn't think it's true.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
While almost every player will say they want to stay with their current club, love the city etc etc. With EE, I actually believe it

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario

Would hate to see him go. Can't really see us getting into a bidding war. If Edwin truly wants to stay in Toronto, he'll be back. If he follows the money, he's gone.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

Would hate to see him go. Can't really see us getting into a bidding war. If Edwin truly wants to stay in Toronto, he'll be back. If he follows the money, he's gone.

Pretty much what it comes down too. We aren't going to outbid the other teams, most likely coming in under and at that point it is in EE court.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Exactly. He's a DH which limits the suiters.

So who in the AL might go after him that are contenders? Boston? Toronto? There isn't many. I think EE could be back.

He can play 1st base as he clearly showed this season. Although, you probably don't want him there every single day. I still think Bautista/EE splitting time at 1B and DH can work *shrug*

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
He can play 1st base as he clearly showed this season. Although, you probably don't want him there every single day. I still think Bautista/EE splitting time at 1B and DH can work *shrug*

I figured someone would say this but you entered my counter argument. Sure he looked good there this year but 162 times a year? Plus what will he be like in 2-3 years? He might sign a 4 year deal or something.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Exactly. He's a DH which limits the suiters.

So who in the AL might go after him that are contenders? Boston? Toronto? There isn't many. I think EE could be back.

Plenty of teams could see him as a 1B... just not teams with an amazing (Rizzo) or expensive (Gonzalez) established 1B and no DH spot.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Still have a crush on the idea of Reddick. Reddick/Upton, re-sign EE and grab Morales.

I can dream...right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad