Blue Jays Discussion: And the off-season begins (list of FA's in Post #1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
The way he threw it. It looks weird. Think he was making sure that it doesn't sail left or right.

It looked to me that the adrenaline wore off because he knew the series was over. That can do any kinds of weird stuff to your motor control. Ironically, that could have kept the game going...

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
There are still several major league teams with longer championship droughts than the Leafs.

Some teams haven't even won championships in their existence. I think the Leafs are fine, since they should win in the near future.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
There are still several major league teams with longer championship droughts than the Leafs.

None that would compare to a Leafs cup. 50 years in hockey years is like 100 in baseball years.

In other news, Munenori Kawasaki has a World Series ring!

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Just got to say: People who say managers don't matter (*cough* McGowan *cough*)... Joe Maddon just won a WS with the Cubbies!

I went into the series wanting the drought continue, but by the 3rd inning of the 1st game, I was cheering for the Cubs.:laugh: Awesome to see and great game.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I mean considering Joe Maddon pretty much threw the game, yes, managers don't matter.

And Francona leaving his 3rd best reliever in after a rain delay wasn't much better.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Back to the Future was just one year off. Except it was Cleveland, not Miami.

cubs-world-series-2015.jpg

Last edited:

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Just got to say: People who say managers don't matter (*cough* McGowan *cough*)... Joe Maddon just won a WS with the Cubbies!

I went into the series wanting the drought continue, but by the 3rd inning of the 1st game, I was cheering for the Cubs.:laugh: Awesome to see and great game.

Dont think Maddon won them a world series, he made some questionable decisions at best.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto

I thought the "genius" had lost the WS singlehandedly by marching out early and exhausting Chapman.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I think at some point in the future Maddon will actually cost Chicago a playoff berth, a playoff series or maybe even a World Series by arrogantly over-thinking game strategy. He came so close last night to doing that and probably didn't learn his lesson. The game would have been a walk if he had only kept Hendricks in for his typical start then let Lester finish the game. He threw away an out by attempting a squeeze with two strikes with a player who has one career sacrifice.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I'm confident in Shapiro to really build a ridiculous rotation. The foundation is already there and he drafted well in Cleveland. What will really shape his legacy here will be how he retools an aging line-up over the next few years.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I think at some point in the future Maddon will actually cost Chicago a playoff berth, a playoff series or maybe even a World Series by arrogantly over-thinking game strategy. He came so close last night to doing that and probably didn't learn his lesson. The game would have been a walk if he had only kept Hendricks in for his typical start then let Lester finish the game. He threw away an out by attempting a squeeze with two strikes with a player who has one career sacrifice.

Yeah, I've never been a fan of following a script to manage the game. Managers should adapt based on the feel of the game and the individual player performances at any given moment.

oilers89

Jun 4, 2008
Medicine Hat
I'm confident in Shapiro to really build a ridiculous rotation. The foundation is already there and he drafted well in Cleveland. What will really shape his legacy here will be how he retools an aging line-up over the next few years.

They don't need to touch the rotation.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
I think Shapiro will do a good job. Look at his footprints in Cleveland... He has drafted extremely well there, as we can see now. Hoping he can do the same here. Turn this fairly old lineup into a younger one without tearing it down.

Also, I think when our kids crack the lineup we'll be a better team. I'm talking about Urena, Vlad Jr., Alford, Tellez and Reid-Foley specifically. Those guys have elite potential.

My hopes for next season:

Sanchez
Estrada
Happ
Stroman
Reid-Foley

Liriano, Biagini, Barnes, X
Cecil, Jansen?
Osuna

Travis 2B
Donaldson 3B
Encarnacion DH
Tulowitzki SS
Tellez 1B
Martin C
Vlad Jr. LF (not sure if it's smart to move him back to OF as he's better at 3B IMO but who knows)
Reddick RF
Pillar CF

Carrera OF, Smoak 1B/DH, Barney 2B/SS, Pompey OF, Navarro C

Urena doesn't step in until Tulowitzki is gone (he's my favorite prospect)
Alford IMO isn't ready just yet. But he will be a good player
McGuire doesn't make the team until Martin/Navarro are gone

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I think Shapiro will do a good job. Look at his footprints in Cleveland... He has drafted extremely well there, as we can see now. Hoping he can do the same here. Turn this fairly old lineup into a younger one without tearing it down.

Also, I think when our kids crack the lineup we'll be a better team. I'm talking about Urena, Vlad Jr., Alford, Tellez and Reid-Foley specifically. Those guys have elite potential.

Sanchez
Estrada
Happ
Stroman
Reid-Foley

Cecil, Jansen?
Osuna

Travis 2B
Donaldson 3B
Encarnacion DH
Tulowitzki SS
Tellez 1B
Martin C
Vlad Jr. LF (not sure if it's smart to move him back to OF as he's better at 3B IMO but who knows)
Reddick RF
Pillar CF

You do realize Vlad Jr is 17 right?

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012

Sanchez
Estrada
Happ
Stroman
Reid-Foley

Cecil, Jansen?
Osuna

Travis 2B
Donaldson 3B
Encarnacion DH
Tulowitzki SS
Tellez 1B
Martin C
Reddick RF
Pillar CF

You don't know what you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad