Proposal: Anaheim - Winnipeg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
To Anaheim:
Jacob Trouba
Kyle Connor
Lottery Protected 2017 1st

To Winnipeg:
Hampus Lindholm
Nick Ritchie

Don't know if it's been posted before, and I know there will need to be minor tweaks, but I think it's a good basis for a deal.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Winnipeg overpays here, but I'd kinda still prefer to keep Lindholm and Ritchie.

EDIT: The issue is that Lindholm is still the best player in the deal, so I don't want to give him up for lesser pieces, even if they are very good.

Lindholm > Trouba
Connor >> Ritchie

I'd say the first is unnecessary if we weren't trying to win now.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Take out the 1st and its fair value wise. I don't think I'd do it though. Would like to see what we have in Connor first.

Ducksgo*

Winnipeg overpays here, but I'd kinda still prefer to keep Lindholm and Ritchie.

How Lindholm is the better player between the two defenseman. If anything it's an equal trade because Connor is involved. Also I know WPG first is going to be mid to late first and Ritchie is a very very solid prospect who is Anaheims up and comer.

I see it equal as this
Lindholm>>Trouba
Connor>Ritchie
Late first

It's pretty damn equal IMO.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta

EDIT: The issue is that Lindholm is still the best player in the deal, so I don't want to give him up for lesser pieces, even if they are very good.

Lindholm > Trouba
Connor >> Ritchie

I'd say the first is unnecessary if we weren't trying to win now.

Figured Duck fans would be a little higher on Ritchie who did really well in the AHL. Connor was great this year, and is still the better prospect, but Ritchie performed in a higher league, so I think the gap between them is a little closer.

Oct 18, 2011
No thanks, even if the value is tilted in ducks favor, Lindholm is better than Trouba. that's what it all comes down to for me

Ducksgo*

Figured Duck fans would be a little higher on Ritchie who did really well in the AHL. Connor was great this year, and is still the better prospect, but Ritchie performed in a higher league, so I think the gap between them is a little closer.

I'm not extremely high on Ritchie and think in longevity Connor will be the better player. That's just my opinion from my own standpoint. But the bigger question is we have 2 great defenseman unsigned? Why the hell is everyone throwing there hands up in the air and wanting to trade them?

I bet my bottom dollar both players sign with there respective teams

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
I'm not extremely high on Ritchie and think in longevity Connor will be the better player. That's just my opinion from my own standpoint. But the bigger question is we have 2 great defenseman unsigned? Why the hell is everyone throwing there hands up in the air and wanting to trade them?

I bet my bottom dollar both players sign with there respective teams

I agree, but if the Jets can upgrade the defense, I'm all for that. That is the point of the proposal. I'm not pushing a narrative that the Ducks can't sign Lindholm. If anything, it would be harder for the Jets to sign Lindholm because he should be the more expensive player.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Giving up Kyle Connor and a 2017 1st round draft pick is too rich. Lindholm is better than Trouba but not by a large margin.

I believe Kyle Connor will be much better than Ritchie. Connor is likely NHL ready now and be able to start on the 3rd line before working his way up in a season or two to the second. How ready is Ritchie ? He played a few games but might be 4th line/ 3rd line ceiling ?

Adding Kyle Connor might be over payment. Throwing in a 2017 1st round pick to boot is just insulting.

No first round pick and no Connor.
Jets add Petan and a 2nd round 2017

Ducksgo*

I agree, but if the Jets can upgrade the defense, I'm all for that. That is the point of the proposal. I'm not pushing a narrative that the Ducks can't sign Lindholm. If anything, it would be harder for the Jets to sign Lindholm because he should be the more expensive player.

Completely agree with your statement. But Lindholm is as untouchable as it comes. And if we were forced to trade him because he doesn't want to sign here?

I would take your proposal as I see Connor>Ritchie and it's actually a fair trade at the end of the day. It's a lot better than what we've witnessed the past few days regarding Lindholm so props to you.

Ducksgo*

Giving up Kyle Connor and a 2017 1st round draft pick is too rich. Lindholm is better than Trouba but not by a large margin.

I believe Kyle Connor will be much better than Ritchie. Connor is likely NHL ready now and be able to start on the 3rd line before working his way up in a season or two to the second. How ready is Ritchie ? He played a few games but might be 4th line/ 3rd line ceiling ?

Adding Kyle Connor might be over payment. Throwing in a 2017 1st round pick to boot is just insulting.

Your first is going to be late anyway. It really holds no value to us as we need players now like right now. It's a swap of Connor for Ritchie and a late first whom is extremely low on the depth chart and may never even make our team.

Oct 18, 2011

But he is.

Then again if Ritchie has a 3rd line ceiling and Connor is apparently going to be much better it's easy to see where your evaluations come from

people act like Ritchie is bad, he was really good in the AHL. I know Connor had a monster season in NCAA, but 16/14 in 38 AHL games is pretty good too. He struggled at the NHL level, but he was never supposed to play for the ducks last year anyways.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Take out the first and I'd probably do it as a Jets fan.
Lindholm>Trouba
Ritchie<<Connor
Defence is more important for us though so value seems good.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
Ritchie scored a goal every other game in the AHL and had like 5 goals in 9 playoffs games. But his ceiling is bottom six? Lmao

Whileee

May 29, 2010
To Anaheim:
Jacob Trouba
Kyle Connor
Lottery Protected 2017 1st

To Winnipeg:
Hampus Lindholm
Nick Ritchie

Don't know if it's been posted before, and I know there will need to be minor tweaks, but I think it's a good basis for a deal.

Way too much from the Jets, in my opinion. Connor is a very valuable commodity at this point in time.

Ducksgo*

Lindholm is better than Trouba...but not that much better.

That's why it's a fair trade. But I still wouldn't do the trade as our defense with Vatanen signed is a hell of a lot more important than our offense. Im hoping to use pieces like fowler to get a solid LW deal done and keep Lindholm. But the proposal is great though and it's definitely worth a discussion

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
But he is.

Then again if Ritchie has a 3rd line ceiling and Connor is apparently going to be much better it's easy to see where your evaluations come from

people act like Ritchie is bad, he was really good in the AHL. I know Connor had a monster season in NCAA, but 16/14 in 38 AHL games is pretty good too. He struggled at the NHL level, but he was never supposed to play for the ducks last year anyways.

I realize that to get Lindholm the Jets would have to add when trading Trouba. If Ritchie was part of the trade, Petan is still the better player in the sense that you could probably insert him on the 3rd line right now, NHL ready with the right players (no anchors) and Petan is quite creative with the puck. I think Petan has a high ceiling even possibly 2nd line as well, again with the right players/ chemistry.

I don't think Ritchie is a bad player, just in comparison, there is a larger gap between him and Connor than there is in Lindholm and Trouba. I Think Petan is a NHL ready player and the gap is not as extreme as far as ceilings.

To make up any perceived differences I honestly believe a 2nd round pick in 2017 would more than make up for it.

That being said, I still hope our teams sign their respective defenseman and this long Summer ends so we can get back to watching some NHL hockey.

Ducksgo*

Ritchie scored a goal every other game in the AHL and had like 5 goals in 9 playoffs games. But his ceiling is bottom six? Lmao

You have to admit though Connor is the better prospect between the two. That's not even questionable and that's what they are offering. So it's a fair trade IMO so it's basically what side of the fence are you on.

Oct 18, 2011
I realize that to get Lindholm the Jets would have to add when trading Trouba. If Ritchie was part of the trade, Petan is still the better player in the sense that you could probably insert him on the 3rd line right now, NHL ready with the right players (no anchors) and Petan is quite creative with the puck. I think Petan has a high ceiling even possibly 2nd line as well, again with the right players/ chemistry.

I don't think Ritchie is a bad player, just in comparison, there is a larger gap between him and Connor than there is in Lindholm and Trouba. I Think Petan is a NHL ready player and the gap is not as extreme as far as ceilings.

To make up any perceived differences I honestly believe a 2nd round pick in 2017 would more than make up for it.

That being said, I still hope our teams sign their respective defenseman and this long Summer ends so we can get back to watching some NHL hockey.

How?

Oct 18, 2011
You have to admit though Connor is the better prospect between the two. That's not even questionable and that's what they are offering. So it's a fair trade IMO so it's basically what side of the fence are you on.

but what is the basis for that? AHL stats vs NCAA stats?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad