Rumor: Anaheim willing to listen on offers for Gibson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Depends on the team but I think the Ducks target the most intriguing young player/prospect they can get from the teams interested and then build out from there

A goalie isn't necessarily a big need in return, other than maybe a cheap 2/3 guy to fill in the depth chart for the rest of this year. Stolarz is fine as a stop gap at worst and Dostal is a tremendous prospect who may be ready to go.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
if he is out there then Kyle Dubas needs to go HARD after Gibson.

goaltending is the only thing holding this team back

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
At what point do we start questioning Pagnotta like we do Eklund?

In the past few days he’s falsely claimed NYR is willing to move Lafreniere, and that Toronto (they’re in Canada, for the geographically challenged) is interested in Tyler Bertuzzi.

Well the issue is that you can be a very good insider and trades do not materialize or you can be an insider inventing his sources, this is not the same thing. Not saying Pagnotta is they guy I'd trust 100% but that is the case of any insider actually.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Well the issue is that you can be a very good insider and trades do not materialize or you can be an insider inventing his sources, this is not the same thing. Not saying Pagnotta is they guy I'd trust 100% but that is the case of any insider actually.
The Lafreniere rumor was almost immediately shut down by multiple other sources, and Bertuzzi to Toronto makes absolutely no sense, with his vaccination status and Canada’s restrictions.

So his track record recently is sounding very click-baity.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
The Lafreniere rumor was almost immediately shut down by multiple other sources, and Bertuzzi to Toronto makes absolutely no sense, with his vaccination status and Canada’s restrictions.

So his track record recently is sounding very click-baity.

I am not saying the opposite (to be fair, to me Lebrun, Dreger, Friedman seem to be the ones with the real connections), I just mentioned that sometimes your sources can use your voice to spread rumors and then you look like a fool...

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Who is the best backup in the league right now? We should simply trade for him and trade Gibson.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
I could see it, but I see it more of an offseason trade & not one done at the absolute last second on trade deadline day. If done in the offseason he could probably be dealt to one of the conference finalists who just didn't have the goaltending to make it to The Cup. That's the kind of team who's window is 'right now' who'd probably be willing to mortgage the future & give up their really good prospects who are 2-3 years out from being ready. And with his no trade clause, it would probably take more than the next few hours to work out him waiving for 'x'.

Unless of course he pulled a Denis Lemieux & demanded "Trade me right farking now" in which case, who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad