Proposal: Anaheim-Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Sens 2 + hunwick (25% retained) for stoner + montour

Ducks then can burry hunwick in minors and get rid of cap hit. leafs get montour for a steal for freeing up $3.25 million in cap space for ducks.

Except the leafs cannot designated the Sens 2nd, since in the Andersen trade, they traded the middle pick of their 3 second rounders. The Ducks might already own the Sens pick. :laugh: Leafs can only now designate the first or the worst of their two remaining picks.

Bieksa is a 35+ contract. 35+ contracts don't get cap relief when bought out.

Buying out Bieksa for the expansion draft would result in $4M of dead cap space next year.

Not buying out Bieksa would result in the same $4M of dead cap space. Buying him out avoids having to protect him and opens up a slot for one of the Ducks ELC D next year. That's a win-win!

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I'm not forgetting anything. I'm responding directly to a statement:

Larsson was a recent 1st round pick, and all he's done since then is impress.

Montour was a 2nd round pick, but he's also continued to improve.

If a player like Larsson was drafted higher than the 2nd round, and he's only increased his value since then, how is he "basically worth a 2nd" as the poster said? That doesn't check out. And unless you're drafting at the top of the 1st round, you'd probably be pretty happy to draft a player like Larsson or Montour in the 1st round. Especially Larsson, who is already ahead of the curve at 19 years old.
I'm not debating the value of those prospects. im sure they could probably return a 20-30ishOA pick, but stoner likely costs at minimum a 2nd rd pick just to unload. likely a 2+3/4.

I'd do Hunwick (@900k) for Stoner, our conditional 2nd back, and 3rd as a leafs fan. Ducks would save 2.35 mil with hunwick serving as a #7 dman, or they can just demote him to get the full 3.25M cap savings.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Leafs fan, would do it for Larrson and a third. Stoner isn't as bad as Hunwick, is he?

he is close. and he makes 2.05M more, and is signed through next year as well.

and no, las vegas isnt going anywhere near him in the expansion draft

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm not debating the value of those prospects. im sure they could probably return a 20-30ishOA pick, but stoner likely costs at minimum a 2nd rd pick just to unload. likely a 2+3/4.

I'd do Hunwick (@900k) for Stoner, our conditional 2nd back, and 3rd as a leafs fan. Ducks would save 2.35 mil with hunwick serving as a #7 dman, or they can just demote him to get the full 3.25M cap savings.

Even without stoner we don't need a 7th dmen, wed have
Lindholm manson
Fowler Vatanen
Theodore bieska
1 of Larsson and montour and holzer, not to mention despres if he returns this year.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
The Score is reporting that the Ducks and Lindholm "Are squabbling over $250K".....really?

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Maybe yes, maybe no.
That's 1.5 million over 6 years.

Of a 30+ million dollar contract. A contract that is losing money every day.

Just to be clear, I think both sides are being dumb in this situation. I think settling on 5.4 ought to accomplish what both sides want out of this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad