Proposal: Anaheim - Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
To Anaheim: JVR + Holland + Corrado

To Toronto: Vatanen + Stoner

Anaheim gets a top line left winger, a cheap utility player to round out their forward group and a salary dump to get them back under their internal cap.

Toronto gets a top pairing (maybe?) RHD signed for four years and drops a contract to provide some extra flexibility.

Why would Ana want holland we traded him to Toronto for a reason

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Why would Ana want holland we traded him to Toronto for a reason

They traded him because as a first round pick he was a disappointment and Toronto was desperate enough to offer a second round pick.
However now Anaheim needs a cheap forward, they only have 11 counting Rakell, who is an already established NHLer.
Holland is cheap and can play wing, pp or kill penalties.
Currently they have $8,407,500 in cap space to sign at least one forward, Lindholm and Rakell.
They haven't been a cap team in a few years so their actual budget will likely be less.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
How would Anaheim fans feel about this?

To Toronto: Lindholm, Stoner/Bieksa
To Anaheim: JVR, Bozak, Kapanen, Bracco, 2nd

Ducks fans don't want to trade Lindholm it would take a overpayment that we just can't refuse and this isn't close to it. JVR and Bozak are UFA after 2 seasons and we won't be signing them then considering what they will want on their next contract. Kapanen and Bracco are not high enough quality prospects for us.

They traded him because as a first round pick he was a disappointment and Toronto was desperate enough to offer a second round pick.
However now Anaheim needs a cheap forward, they only have 11 counting Rakell, who is an already established NHLer.
Holland is cheap and can play wing, pp or kill penalties.
Currently they have $8,407,500 in cap space to sign at least one forward, Lindholm and Rakell.
They haven't been a cap team in a few years so their actual budget will likely be less.

Not interested in trading Vatanen who is signed for 4 years for 2 years of JVR. Holland is signed for this coming season before needing a new contract and will want more money on his next contract have no interest in bringing him back to Anaheim. Only getting rid of Stoner is a great thing but not enough to make the trade.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
How would Anaheim fans feel about this?

To Toronto: Lindholm, Stoner/Bieksa
To Anaheim: JVR, Bozak, Kapanen, Bracco, 2nd

Another bad proposal, You want Lindholm it starts at least with Nylander and then add from there. Pretty sure that BM asks for Matthews and Lou laughs at him and hangs up. Doubt Toronto is willing to move the necessary pieces to get Lindholm.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
To TOR:
Fowler

To ANA (option 1):
Lupul (50% Retained)
Kapanen
Soshnikov
3rd Rounder

To ANA (option 2):
Hunwick
Kapanen
2nd Rounder

To ANA (option 3):
Nylander
* ANA also sends 2nd Rounder

To ANA (option 4):
Komarov
Hunwick
2nd Rounder

LMAO. What is wrong with you?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Another bad proposal, You want Lindholm it starts at least with Nylander and then add from there. Pretty sure that BM asks for Matthews and Lou laughs at him and hangs up. Doubt Toronto is willing to move the necessary pieces to get Lindholm.

I wish the website would just ban Leaf and ducks proposals, they are always

Here is a bunch of crap

give us lindholm.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015

Here is a bunch of crap

give us lindholm.

While I agree there's way too many unrealistic Lindholm proposals on here (including the one he's referring to), JVR+Bozak+Kapanen+Bracco+2nd is far from a bunch of crap.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
good call. Notice that one is being used as a Third pairing dman and one is being used as a First pairing dman. Gardiner and Fowler are both middle pairing guys, and it looks like Gardiner is better at everything...Gardiner doesn't get enough credit, and yes we have concerns over Reilly's defence

Keep Fowler, he's not better than a #3

Nobody has concerns over Rielly's D, no idea where you pulled that from. Crappy team with crappy partners in his first year getting significant TOI. Considering he's made improvements ever year he's been in the league I'd say he's right where he should be.

Edit: Oh and why would we want Fowler, our left side isn't an issue.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Nobody has concerns over Rielly's D, no idea where you pulled that from. Crappy team with crappy partners in his first year getting significant TOI. Considering he's made improvements ever year he's been in the league I'd say he's right where he should be.

Edit: Oh and why would we want Fowler, our left side isn't an issue.

Didn't mean to overstate those concerns, he's not garbage, but he has work to do. And there's (internet) published articles on this particular subject and his defensive advanced stats aren't good, the idea isn't mine:

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/m...concerned-about-morgan-riellys-defensive-play
http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2...ning-how-morgan-riellys-partners-affected-him
https://frostyssports.wordpress.com...ellys-defensive-game-is-a-legitimate-concern/

I'll agree that he hasn't had a good partner and he's been in the league so long that we forget how young he is, but his advanced-stats-measured effect in the defensive aspects of the game leave lots of room for improvement at this point.

Offensively, he appears to be a budding star both in terms of statistical production and the eye test for generating chances using great speed, vision, hands and release.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Here is a bunch of crap

give us lindholm.

I know i was thinking the exact same thing, These proposals are horrendous.

Yup Lou to BM here i'll give you some of my garbage.

Now give me Lindholm or else, Else i will give you even more garbage. Pretty much the way it's been going on here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad