Speculation: Anaheim Ducks Training camp/Preseason 2024 (First Preseason game Sept 24th @7pm PT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
This is 100% copium on my part but I take the “no recording” stance as the team taking this really seriously.

I feel like the teams who post the most during the pre-season are like the meme-iest, worst teams.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
This is 100% copium on my part but I take the “no recording” stance as the team taking this really seriously.

I feel like the teams who post the most during the pre-season are like the meme-iest, worst teams.

As opposed to actually landing top talents during the summer? Anyhow, some playoff teams have their practices being shared online by the org and fans like Boston. Also, we know most of what Cronin's doing b/c it was all streamed last year.

It just seems very odd b/c what Teats said about moving onto Victory+ and KCOP was to increase the Ducks' viewership. The Duck My Life YouTube channel also increased the Ducks' viewership as DML cited they have fans from all over the world. Their streaming made more fans of the Ducks.

The new restrictions are what they are.

Reactions: Kalv

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
"I'm looking at him being a really good mentor to our young guys," Verbeek stated at training camp on Friday. "We can kind of plop him with some our offensive defensemen, and he'll be kind of the steady stay-at-home guy. I hear nothing but great things about his character, the person he is, and I think he's going to be awesome for our young guys."

"He's such a dynamic skater and can make a play out of nothing," Dumoulin said of playing with Zellweger. "He's a fun player to watch, and it's been good just to communicate with him and talk with him and read, playing with him, what type of partner he is."

"He's playing his off-side, so I just wanted to let him know that if he ever gets stuck on the left, that I'm fine on the right," Dumoulin continued. "It's just constant communication to feel each other out. If I'm going to go D-to-D with him, whether he likes it on his forehand or on his backhand. It's just these little game situations that once you get into the game, you look good because it comes easy."

Dumoulin expresses the importance of communication and connecting with the individuals in the locker room as people as much as players, a similar sentiment head coach Greg Cronin greatly values.

"He just demonstrates professionalism when you talk to him," Cronin said of Dumoulin on Thursday. "Somebody like him who's won two (Stanley) Cups and is so excited to contribute here, it's really nice to hear."

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I still think we have to pair fowler with Gudas... When fowler was at his best is when he had a steady right handed dman next to him....

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
"I'm looking at him being a really good mentor to our young guys," Verbeek stated at training camp on Friday. "We can kind of plop him with some our offensive defensemen, and he'll be kind of the steady stay-at-home guy. I hear nothing but great things about his character, the person he is, and I think he's going to be awesome for our young guys."

"He's such a dynamic skater and can make a play out of nothing," Dumoulin said of playing with Zellweger. "He's a fun player to watch, and it's been good just to communicate with him and talk with him and read, playing with him, what type of partner he is."

"He's playing his off-side, so I just wanted to let him know that if he ever gets stuck on the left, that I'm fine on the right," Dumoulin continued. "It's just constant communication to feel each other out. If I'm going to go D-to-D with him, whether he likes it on his forehand or on his backhand. It's just these little game situations that once you get into the game, you look good because it comes easy."

Dumoulin expresses the importance of communication and connecting with the individuals in the locker room as people as much as players, a similar sentiment head coach Greg Cronin greatly values.

"He just demonstrates professionalism when you talk to him," Cronin said of Dumoulin on Thursday. "Somebody like him who's won two (Stanley) Cups and is so excited to contribute here, it's really nice to hear."
I know he's not really the guy we were hoping for but I think the addition of Dumo + Gudas as captain could be great for the locker room

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
If Dumoulin proves to be a good partner for Zellweger and we end up moving Fowler, probably have to look at extending him
I think this is what we’re hoping happens, and we’re helping our cause by letting him play on his natural side( reminds me of how we seem to maybe have a hand shake deal with gudas that if he signed for the ducks, we wouldn’t over work him)

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I think this is what we’re hoping happens, and we’re helping our cause by letting him play on his natural side( reminds me of how we seem to maybe have a hand shake deal with gudas that if he signed for the ducks, we wouldn’t over work him)
It's seeming like the plan is

Fowler / Luneau
Mintyukov / Gudas
Dumoulin / Zellweger
With LaCombe, Vaaks and possibly Lindstrom filling where needed or where injury dictates.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
I really want Luneau to start in the AHL. I get that the NHL team is likely better with him on it, but I really think they should give him the Zellweger treatment and spend 2/3 of the year in the AHL.

He might be the second most important piece to pan out after Leo. The desperately need him to atleast be a #2/3. They have other shots at every position. RHD is the only position they really only have 1 legit shot at a top line/pairing guy.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I really want Luneau to start in the AHL. I get that the NHL team is likely better with him on it, but I really think they should give him the Zellweger treatment and spend 2/3 of the year in the AHL.

He might be the second most important piece to pan out after Leo. The desperately need him to atleast be a #2/3. They have other shots at every position. RHD is the only position they really only have 1 legit shot at a top line/pairing guy.

I dont mind Luneau in AHL... but i think hes going to make the NHL team... and play impactful game... i dont think him going to AHL or NHL is going to change what he becomes down the line.... i think hes going to become a #2-3 pretty comfortably.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016

I'm fine with him making the big club as long as he looks comfortable playing there. He seemed close to comfortable last year and I have to imagine getting bigger will only help that.

I just don't want him forced/rushed.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA

I completely agree that Luneau is important for this team, but I have no problem with him starting in the NHL if he deserves that spot. Unlike Zellweger, Luneau already played NHL games and looked pretty good doing so. He also doesn't have the size issue that Zellweger had. If Luneau earns that spot with a great camp, then give it to him. I don't think the AHL is that great of a developmental league anyway - it seems more like a placeholder for guys to get older and stronger.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
I just fell to my knees in walmart and wept.

I completely agree that Luneau is important for this team, but I have no problem with him starting in the NHL if he deserves that spot. Unlike Zellweger, Luneau already played NHL games and looked pretty good doing so. He also doesn't have the size issue that Zellweger had. If Luneau earns that spot with a great camp, then give it to him. I don't think the AHL is that great of a developmental league anyway - it seems more like a placeholder for guys to get older and stronger.
Zell has played more NHL games than Luneau, and has looked great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad