Speculation: Anaheim Ducks Training camp/Preseason 2024 (First Preseason game Sept 24th @7pm PT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Anaheim Ducks Training camp/Preseason 2024
IMG_6537.gif

IMG_6549.jpeg

Last edited:

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Ya I think lacombe gets massively underrated(granted I think he should look better then zell/minty last year as they were coming out of juniors and he was coming out of 4 years of competitive team in college).

I also think lacombe has a lot more room to grow/develop than Vaaks…. My guess is Vaaks is the 7 and rotates in when guys are beat up…. And not a bad option if there are injuries.

We’re also looking at this as fowler being gone, but if he’s here that does make things awkward… then maybe 1 of those guys is back in ahl
Fowler really gumming up the works!

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Other than Fowler and Dumoulin, Vaakanainen is the only veteran LD on the roster, and we knew he was behind those guys on the depth chart. LaCombe probably doesn't qualify.

Vaakanainen is in a battle for a 3rd pairing role or at least to be the 7th d-man. I don't think his presence on this roster is an indication that he's lower than that. The guys he's competing with for that spot (LaCombe, Zellweger) aren't veterans.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Other than Fowler and Dumoulin, Vaakanainen is the only veteran LD on the roster, and we knew he was behind those guys on the depth chart. LaCombe probably doesn't qualify.

Vaakanainen is in a battle for a 3rd pairing role or at least to be the 7th d-man. I don't think his presence on this roster is an indication that he's lower than that. The guys he's competing with for that spot (LaCombe, Zellweger) aren't veterans.

If we include Minty, although he's not ready for the start of the season, with Fowler and Dumo, then Vaak doesn't have a starting spot at LD.

Things get crowded very fast if we add Luneau into the NHL roster. Without Luneau on the NHL roster, then we have only Gudas at RD. Then there are starting spots available for Zell and LaCombe to play on the right side. With Luneau on the NHL roster, then one of Zell or LaCombe is off the starting roster or both will be in constant rotation. A rotational role for either Zell or LaCombe is not ideal.

Both Zell and LaCombe are waiver exempt. LaCombe has 73 NHL games under his belt. iirc, LaCombe loses that exemption after playing his 80th NHL game. For Zell, he's got until age 23 or played 160 NHL games to lose his exemption, whichever comes first. Should Luneau be in the NHL and one of Zell or LaCombe is sent down, then it helps Vaak secure a #7 spot on the NHL roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad