Speculation: Anaheim Ducks Training camp/Preseason 2024 (First Preseason game Sept 24th @7pm PT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Anaheim Ducks Training camp/Preseason 2024
IMG_6537.gif

IMG_6549.jpeg

Last edited:

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Seems some shuffling going around. Dumolin on the right side when they said he'd not play that. Seems some experimenting, perhaps to fit the other groups roster so they can play tomorrow vs Sharks? No idea.

But Hinds-Warren pair could be great eventually

Dum said he can play either side I believe

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
It's certainly not a prototypical third line, and I worry about them in possession. Who gets the puck back when/if they lose it? When they have the puck, they'll certainly be able to score, but there could be some ugly shifts.

If you replaced Fabbri with a good two-way winger, I'd be a lot more comfortable with it. Maybe Colangelo will impress and move up to be that guy, with Vatrano sliding to the other side.
My big prediction for the season, is that strome and fabri have bounce back years, Vatrano is himself with 25 goals but better defensive play ( fabri 23 goals and a career year 75 games played as well)

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Yes, and he played on the right for large chunks last year. But before the preseason someone (was it Pat or Cronin?) shared that we want him to play left side.
It makes sense to at least try him onright, sure, tho

It's probably best for us to see what left shot D-man can actually stay at RD b/c we're lacking quality depth in our system, especially since we drafted three more LD's in the past draft and the emergence of Hot Rod this past season. Fortunately, we have three left shot who have played RD before going pro in LaCombe, Zell, and Hinds. Playing RD for those left shot d-men is far more natural than say Vaaks playing RD.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
I like how both of these units are set up. Carlsson and Zegras each have 2 one-timer passing targets. Very curious how McT looks in the bumper spot.

Kinda wish we had a right handed one-timer threat on the left side as well. Everyone knows Z and Carlsson are going to be looking pass first, second, and third.

Reactions: All Mighty

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Kinda wish we had a right handed one-timer threat on the left side as well. Everyone knows Z and Carlsson are going to be looking pass first, second, and third.
That’s why using Zegras on the 2nd pp unit is wise imho. Let carlsson cook up the dishing on that first unit by himself. Let zegras do the same on the second unit

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
But McTavish is one of the few Ducks other than Vatrano that actually one-times the puck.
Excellent point. I guess I'm not sure then, unless we want to split up the talent a little bit. Put Terry on the LW half wall on the second unit and move a bigger body up to play net-front on unit one. If Regenda could actually make the team, I feel like he'd be perfect in that spot.

Reactions: la patineuse

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
Excellent point. I guess I'm not sure then, unless we want to split up the talent a little bit. Put Terry on the LW half wall on the second unit and move a bigger body up to play net-front on unit one. If Regenda could actually make the team, I feel like he'd be perfect in that spot.
If you put Terry on the half wall, then you can’t put one of Carlsson/Zegras there, meaning they would either have to move to the bumper or the net front spot. IMO, I think Zegras/Carlsson on the left wall and Gauthier/Vatrano on the right wall is the best utilization of those players. Then you have 2 bumper spots and 2 net front spots for McT/Killorn/Strome/Terry/Fabbri.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
If not Regenda, maybe with the added muscle this year, Terry might be able handle it. He has the hands to tip pucks in if he can deal with the physicality in front of the net. Rico wasn't the biggest player, but he was good in front of the net.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Sucks that Gibson is out but we now might have an interesting battle between Dansk and Clang to see who backs up Dostal. Possible we claim or sign someone else but we already have a lot of goalies signed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad