Speculation: Anaheim Ducks Roster Discussion Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
No regrets. If we had made that trade we probably would not have got Pronger.

10 years of Thornton would have been nice, but I’ll take the cup.
Exactly. And Getzy likely wouldn`t have grown into what he did

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Exactly. And Getzy likely wouldn`t have grown into what he did

I wouldn’t say that. Malkin developed just fine behind Crosby, as did Kuznetsov behind Backstrom in Washington, Giroux behind Richards/Carter, Point behind Stamkos. Etc.

Getz still would have been elite. It would have been in a 1B role at first but there’s no reason he wouldn’t have received enough ice time. If anything it would have helped him having someone to help ease his load instead of having to carry the team on his back until Kesler came along to ease the load.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Any thoughts on players at the end of their contract possibly staying to play in Europe next year for their home teams instead of gambling on the NHL coming back in 2020? Don't attack me for this but with the new normal on the horizon how many players will be willing to maybe take a year to play in the KHL or in the Swiss or Swedish leagues?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Any thoughts on players at the end of their contract possibly staying to play in Europe next year for their home teams instead of gambling on the NHL coming back in 2020? Don't attack me for this but with the new normal on the horizon how many players will be willing to maybe take a year to play in the KHL or in the Swiss or Swedish leagues?
I see no reason why the NHL won’t play a normal season in 2020-2021.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I wouldn’t say that. Malkin developed just fine behind Crosby, as did Kuznetsov behind Backstrom in Washington, Giroux behind Richards/Carter, Point behind Stamkos. Etc.

Getz still would have been elite. It would have been in a 1B role at first but there’s no reason he wouldn’t have received enough ice time. If anything it would have helped him having someone to help ease his load instead of having to carry the team on his back until Kesler came along to ease the load.

Also kind of weird to say given Getz had his true breakout as the 2nd line guy behind Andy Mac in the 07 playoffs. In that respect I don't think a whole lot changes.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Also kind of weird to say given Getz had his true breakout as the 2nd line guy behind Andy Mac in the 07 playoffs. In that respect I don't think a whole lot changes.

It might actually be tough to categorize them in that manner, to be fair. That 4th line was used pretty sparingly, so the top three forward lines got more use. I'm pretty sure Getzlaf was the 3rd ranked center in terms of even strength ice time, but he was seeing a lot of time on special teams.

Really, it's moot. He wasn't the go-to guy heading into the playoffs. Not by a long shot. But he stepped it up, and became one of our most important and best forwards. He never looked back. He didn't need to be the 1st line center to accomplish that.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Is that Krylov? He’s been here for what seems like an eternity. I’ve no idea if he’s exclusive to russia or not but FWIW his title on elite prospects is European Scout.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Going by our eliteprospects staff list, our scouts are

CAN David Baseggio - Pro Scout
CAN Glen Cochrane - Amateur Scout
SWE Jan-Ake Danielson - European Scout
FIN Mikko Jokela - European Scout
RUS Konstantin Kylov - European Scout
USA Steve Lyons - Amateur Scout
CAN Martin Madden - Scout
USA Kevin Murray - Amateur Scout
CAN Stephane Pilotte - Amateur Scout
CAN Rich Preston - Scout
CZE Pavel Routa - European Scout
CAN Jim Sandlak - Amateur Scout
CAN Mark Stapleton - Pro Scout
USA Gabriella Switaj - Amateur Scout

Lots of amateur scouts which explains why we draft so well, but we have 4 European scouts, each of a different nationality, so I assumed that they scouted their country's respective leagues, but I could be way off.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Yes that's who I was talking about.

I could be wrong but I’ve got a feeling he could predate Burke. Elite prospects has his first year as 07-08 but I swear he was part of the organization during our first cup finals appearance.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I could be wrong but I’ve got a feeling he could predate Burke. Elite prospects has his first year as 07-08 but I swear he was part of the organization during our first cup finals appearance.
He was definitely listed as one of our scouts when I played Eastside Hockey Manager in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. If that doesn’t definitively answer the question, then I don’t know what will.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Would love to re-sign Perry if he's open to coming back on a cheap deal to play in the bottom 6. Would either buyout Backes or trade Rowney to accommodate him. If we do this and trade Rakell we could run

Milano-Getzlaf-Silfverberg
Heinen-Henrique-Terry
Jones-Steel-Perry
Deslauriers-Agozzino/Backes-Sherwood/Rowney

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Would love to re-sign Perry if he's open to coming back on a cheap deal to play in the bottom 6. Would either buyout Backes or trade Rowney to accommodate him. If we do this and trade Rakell we could run

Heinen-Henrique-Terry
Jones-Steel-Perry

No. Why in the world would the ducks want Perry back blocking another young player? Rowney is more valuable than Perry in a bottom 6 roll.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

An encouraging stat for rakell. Just couldn't buy a goal.

I think that supports the eye test. The shots and chances were there but he just couldn’t score. Bad luck. He also has the ability and skill to snipe from a distance. Saw that in that OT goal.

I get the Rakell hate. Totally understand . But Moving Rakell who is only 26yo off a team already struggling to score goals with no plan of a replacement will be devastating. For now and the future. Unless the kids start scoring and they find a QB for the PP in an exchange for him then I see no reason to move him now. Can always move him next TDL if he shows no signs of bouncing back. He was on pace for 50 points this season and at his current cap hit, that’s a steal for any team looking to add scoring.

If Rakell simply doesn’t want to be in Anaheim then it’s a no brainer to move him but I don’t think that is the case. Players have different ways of dealing with being a bottom 10 team two seasons in a row after being in a winning environment.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Heinen-Henrique-Terry
Jones-Steel-Perry

The fit just isn't there, that hasn't changed from when he was bought out. He doesn't suit a checking line role, and we don't need him taking up offensive/PP minutes.

Moot point anyway. No GM is going to buy a player out, put their team on the hook for 6M this year just be rid of him and then pay him an additional salary to return.

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Perry is not the type of veteran that will be signed. BM is going to want to acquire veterans that were touted for their work ethic. Fair or not, that isn’t Perry

I could see Bob bringing in a guy like Trevor Lewis. Someone that isn’t very good but has cup pedigree as an effort player

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Ducks’ final forward grades: Jakob Silfverberg, Nicolas Deslauriers end on top
Ducks' final forward grades: Jakob Silfverberg, Nicolas...

I think Stephens is generally sound on his grading here. He’s always been slightly too high on Silfverberg who I thought had a decent year but nothing that stands out as a career year or anything. Getzy I think he’s too hard on, he was thrown to the wolves in terms of linemates and can’t be expected to produce when playing with absolute scrubs. Rakell I think he’s graded too high also but everyone else is roughly where they should be.

Reactions: duckpuck

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
If we trade Rakell, I would take Bozak from the Blues for next to nothing, as they need to clear salary. I would then move Henrique back to wing to replace Rakell's spot, and trade Bozak at the deadline with retention for a 2nd/3rd.

Henrique-Getzlaf-Milano
Comtois-Steel-Heinen
Jones-Bozak-Terry
Deslauriers-Backes-Rowney

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
If we trade Rakell, I would take Bozak from the Blues for next to nothing, as they need to clear salary. I would then move Henrique back to wing to replace Rakell's spot, and trade Bozak at the deadline with retention for a 2nd/3rd.

Henrique-Getzlaf-Milano
Comtois-Steel-Heinen
Jones-Bozak-Terry
Deslauriers-Backes-Rowney
That lineup accomplishes nothing more than another top 5 pick. Its terrible. All It is is shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic. The only way any of that makes sense is if you get an appropriate return of futures for Rakell

Reactions: MilesNewton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad