Proposal: ANA/WPG: Lindholm for Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
So I think that Trouba for Lindholm is a pretty good frame work for a deal between the two teams, and Lindholm is one of the few available players that I would consider trading Trouba for.

I'm expecting an overwhelming response from Anaheim fans saying that they want some blue chip prospect along with Trouba to get Lindholm because he is just so much better.

Well, he's not...so let's keep this civil and try to understand that the two players are very comparable on terms of value and it is highly debatable which one will actually turn out to be the better defenseman.

So...let's make a deal.

Untouchable's from WPG: Ehlers, Connor, Laine, Morrissey, most roster players.

ANNNNNDDDDDDDDD GO!

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015
So I think that Trouba for Lindholm is a pretty good frame work for a deal between the two teams, and Lindholm is one of the few available players that I would consider trading Trouba for.

I'm expecting an overwhelming response from Anaheim fans saying that they want some blue chip prospect along with Trouba to get Lindholm because he is just so much better.

Well, he's not...so let's keep this civil and try to understand that the two players are very comparable on terms of value and it is highly debatable which one will actually turn out to be the better defenseman.

So...let's make a deal.

ANNNNNDDDDDDDDD GO!

Sure. Just add Ehlers.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich

So...let's make a deal.

ANNNNNDDDDDDDDD GO!

Well, that runner fell flat on his face before the "ANNNNNDDDDDDDDD GO!" even started.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
Whats the point? ducks downgrade and trouba will probably make more than hampus

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Hampus > trouba why downgrade? Unless your adding one of your top guys why on earth would ANA want to take a step back?

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Lindholm and Trouba are very comparable. L only outscored T by 7 points with playing more pp time on the top ranked pp on the league. T actually outscored L at even strength this past season.

And they say Winnipeg fans over rate their players.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Lindholm is swedish so on HFboards that automatically makes him better then any player you are talking about

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Lindholm and Trouba are very comparable. L only outscored T by 7 points with playing more pp time on the top ranked pp on the league. T actually outscored L at even strength this past season.

Theres more to being a great defenseman than points :laugh: Trouba is a 2nd pairing defenseman and Lindholm is a #1 defenseman. If you believe those are equal than I'm not sure what to say :help:

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Theres more to being a great defenseman than points :laugh: Trouba is a 2nd pairing defenseman and Lindholm is a #1 defenseman. If you believe those are equal than I'm not sure what to say :help:

They played similar QOC and almost identical TOI. Their Corsi's are even similar, despite Trouba playing with Stuart.

Quackery

#MSpaintitorange
Nov 8, 2014

Vatanen outscored both. Vats for Trouba + Ehlers

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014

You know defenseman have to stop the puck from going into the net as well right? Did you pay attention to the historic low 5v5 sh% of Anaheim last year? I'm guessing you'll answer both with a NO

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
You know defenseman have to stop the puck from going into the net as well right? Did you pay attention to the historic low 5v5 sh% of Anaheim last year? I'm guessing you'll answer both with a NO

He was about 2% lower then Trouba. And Trouba plays in front of Pavelec....the worst goalie ever. Yet still has a great Corsi.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Trouba likely wants just as much money or more and isn't as good IMO. I don't see any motivation from Anaheim's side, but that goes for every single Lindholm proposal ever posted here.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

So...let's make a deal.

ANNNNNDDDDDDDDD GO!

No thanks. The difference may not be substantial in the players, but there's no doubt Lindholm>Trouba. Both appear to probably make around the same thing. As far as RHD vs LHD. We're more likely to lose Fowler sooner than Vatanen, so we prefer a LHD.

So you're getting pissy because Duck fans would rather keep the better player unless a substantial piece is added? Maybe you should consider needs for both teams before making a proposal then?

OK, so what is Anaheim's incentive to do this trade? To negotiate with a different agent?

exactly.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
No thanks. The difference may not be substantial in the players, but there's no doubt Lindholm>Trouba. Both appear to probably make around the same thing. As far as RHD vs LHD. We're more likely to lose Fowler sooner than Vatanen, so we prefer a LHD.

So you're getting pissy because Duck fans would rather keep the better player unless a substantial piece is added? Maybe you should consider needs for both teams before making a proposal then?

exactly.

The point is that he isnt that much better(if at all. But we'll say hes slightly better)But it's OK. I have thick skin.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Marginally.

From reading the countless number of threads involving these two players over the last six months, the general consensus is it's not a marginal difference though which is why this trade would not happen unless one of the guys in your can't touch list is included. Otherwise it makes no sense for Anaheim, simple as that unfortunately.

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

how do their possession metrics match up? and ES scoring from the past 3 seasons? Lindholm is a much better player at the moment

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
The funny thing about this thread is thinking that Lindholm or Trouba are number 1 d men. There not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad