Proposal: [ANA/WPG] Despres for Dano

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
You seem to have a lot of those.. Both players were drafted 27th in the first round. Dano also has potential to be a top 6 FWD. And who's Larsson going to suplant from the top pairing in the future? Lindholm? don't think so..

Larsson for Dano makes the most sense of any proposals on here. Both were drafted 27th OA, both are rated similarly (in between top-line or top pairing & second line, second pairing potential). I know that Ana fans rate Larsson higher than that, but I don't think there is universal support for that position.

Dano is ready to play in the NHL now, Larsson is probably a couple years away. From a Jets standpoint I'd be willing to do a small add (3rd rounder or lesser prospect) but it shouldn't really be necessary since this is a deal that fills a need for both teams.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Larsson for Dano makes the most sense of any proposals on here. Both were drafted 27th OA, both are rated similarly (in between top-line or top pairing & second line, second pairing potential). I know that Ana fans rate Larsson higher than that, but I don't think there is universal support for that position.

Dano is ready to play in the NHL now, Larsson is probably a couple years away. From a Jets standpoint I'd be willing to do a small add (3rd rounder or lesser prospect) but it shouldn't really be necessary since this is a deal that fills a need for both teams.

Dano is 21, and Larsson is 19.

But the bottom line is I'm more impressed by Larsson at 19 than I am Dano at 21. That gap becomes bigger if I look at Dano at 19 vs. Larsson at 19.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Dano is 21, and Larsson is 19.

But the bottom line is I'm more impressed by Larsson at 19 than I am Dano at 21. That gap becomes bigger if I look at Dano at 19 vs. Larsson at 19.

How bout 20 vs 20? Dano scored at a 49 point pace as a 20 yr old. Is Larsson expected to play in the next next year?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
How bout 20 vs 20? Dano scored at a 49 point pace as a 20 yr old. Is Larsson expected to play in the next next year?

Right. Pace. Over 35 games. Of course that's exactly how it would have played out.

Larsson will be 19 years old for most of the season(Dano will be 22 for most of the season). And no, he's not expected to play in the NHL. The Ducks don't currently have room, and defensemen typically take longer.

My feelings are that Larsson is trending higher than Dano. If I'm moving Larsson, I want more than Dano.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Right. Pace. Over 35 games. Of course that's exactly how it would have played out.

Larsson will be 19 years old for most of the season(Dano will be 22 for most of the season). And no, he's not expected to play in the NHL. The Ducks don't currently have room, and defensemen typically take longer.

My feelings are that Larsson is trending higher than Dano. If I'm moving Larsson, I want more than Dano.

That's your 'feelings' alright, but I would not call that an unbiased viewpoint. I think you'll find more neutral opinions would rank Dano as an equal to better prospect than Larsson at this point. HF (sure I know it has its problems & all that, but at least unbiased) ranks both as 7.5.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
That's your 'feelings' alright, but I would not call that an unbiased viewpoint. I think you'll find more neutral opinions would rank Dano as an equal to better prospect than Larsson at this point. HF (sure I know it has its problems & all that, but at least unbiased) ranks both as 7.5.

Yours wouldn't be unbiased either. :dunno:

If we're talking about who the better player, currently, is, I'd say it's Dano. He's also older and further along his development. If it's who the better prospect is, I'll take Larsson. Being further along in his career doesn't make Dano a better prospect, and one could argue that his development has slowed. Larsson continues to trend up.

Edit: You know what? **** it. Let's see.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2117235

Last edited:

SnoopDogg

Gin and Juice
Jan 13, 2016
Buffalo
If this were to go down, Dano would be on his 4th NHL team already as a 21 year old who was picked in the 1st round..

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
If this were to go down, Dano would be on his 4th NHL team already as a 21 year old who was picked in the 1st round..

Just the way it happens sometimes. Would have far preferred we traded for a defense prospect rather than another talented forward prospect, but good value getting Dano & a first for Ladd nonetheless.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Just the way it happens sometimes. Would have far preferred we traded for a defense prospect rather than another talented forward prospect, but good value getting Dano & a first for Ladd nonetheless.

Not that often though, and certainly not for a can't miss prospect. He's already become expendable to two teams and fans of his current team are putting up trade proposals. That should say something about whether you all truly believe he is going to become the top six player you are all saying he will be. I think after his rookie season he looked like it but there are some question marks now, after two down years and some injuries.

It's fair to say despres has similar question marks after two concussions, which is why I'm not commenting on the fairness or value of this trade proposal. Just making the point that he's probably not going to be the player you are all saying he will be.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Not that often though, and certainly not for a can't miss prospect. He's already become expendable to two teams and fans of his current team are putting up trade proposals. That should say something about whether you all truly believe he is going to become the top six player you are all saying he will be. I think after his rookie season he looked like it but there are some question marks now, after two down years and some injuries.

It's fair to say despres has similar question marks after two concussions, which is why I'm not commenting on the fairness or value of this trade proposal. Just making the point that he's probably not going to be the player you are all saying he will be.

It shows how much you know about dano when you say he's had two down years since his rookie season....

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
He's already become expendable to two teams and fans of his current team are putting up trade proposals. That should say something about whether you all truly believe he is going to become the top six player you are all saying he will be.

I posted this proposal not because I believe that Dano won't become a legit Top 6 forward as soon as this coming season, but because the Jets already have Wheeler, Ehlers, Laine, Connor, Stafford, Armia, Petan, and possibly Perreault, vying for the four winger positions in the top 2 lines. It's crowded, which makes this move less risky for the Jets.

I would feel bad for Dano having to move yet again, but the Jets can't guarantee he'll be centered by players as good as Kesler or Getzlaf - while Anaheim can.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think Dano for Despres is a good deal for both sides. There's maybe more risk with Despres since his concussion but if he recovers even to a middle pair level he's going to be worth more than a second line wing (which I think is Dano's ceiling).

If Jets fans don't like that they can take any LHD from the Jackets, except Werenski and Murray, for Dano.

Oct 18, 2011
Dude come on, we all know he's crap.....all bottom pairing guys are crap. How many teams have 3 top 4 guys on one side? Very few. Mark Stuart is crap also, no biggie. Dano is a very good young prospect, no way on gods green earth would I want to trade Dano for Despres. Bottom pairing D are cheap and easy to find, no reason to trade a good prospect for one.

Not true
when he was traded to the ducks he played very well with Cam Fowler.

Last year Tyson Barrie elbowed him in the head, giving him a concussion that caused him to miss half the season, and he never recovered after that.

Right now it is hard to pinpoint a value on Despres until we see how he performs this year with a clean slate and hopefully over the concussion problem

Oct 18, 2011

What does that matter?
and even if Larsson were ready, he is blocked by a bunch of guys in Anaheim.

Sometimes, contrary to HF belief, it is better to allow prospects time to develop, rather than just putting them in the NHL. for Larsson's long term development he will probably be better off playing next year in Sweden, and then a year in the AHL after that. Theodore and Montour have earned the right to get their opportunities before him

Dano is still a VG prospect with 2nd line potential. If you don't like him suggest someone you think is the right value - don't bother with Laine, Ehlers or Connor. They are in Lindholm territory.

none of those get Lindholm in a 1 for 1, sorry bud.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
What does that matter?
and even if Larsson were ready, he is blocked by a bunch of guys in Anaheim.

Sometimes, contrary to HF belief, it is better to allow prospects time to develop, rather than just putting them in the NHL. for Larsson's long term development he will probably be better off playing next year in Sweden, and then a year in the AHL after that. Theodore and Montour have earned the right to get their opportunities before him

none of those get Lindholm in a 1 for 1, sorry bud.
You wouldn't trade Lindholm for Laine????
Seriously??????

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Dano is still a VG prospect with 2nd line potential. If you don't like him suggest someone you think is the right value - don't bother with Laine, Ehlers or Connor. They are in Lindholm territory.

Somehow, two players who have never played in the NHL and one who had one good season in the NHL is worth one of the best young defensemen in the NHL :shakehead

Users on here overrate prospects so much.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
You wouldn't trade Lindholm for Laine????
Seriously??????

Seriously.

No.

It's a potential franchise talent vs. a potential franchise talent, but Lindholm is a defenseman while Laine is a winger, and Lindholm is already showing that potential at the NHL level.

Even if you want to argue that Laine has more overall upside, and that's fine, the difference isn't enough to make up for what Lindholm is already accomplishing, and the importance of a potential #1 defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad