Confirmed with Link: [ANA/SEA] Brian Dumoulin for 2026 4th round pick

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
So we are in fact paying to reach the cap floor when others are receiving compensation for taking on contracts.

Masterclass.
Verbeek is showing the hockey world it's hard work to ice the leagues worst team with an unwatchable roster and get high draft picks. I'm sure he's gaining the leagues respect

What a refreshingly original take. Your takes are always so new and not stale at all, that I think you're using ChatGPT to come up with them.
Go post how much you love the team verbeek assembled omg he's not overpaying and resigning the ahl caliber useless players. You are obsessed with this last place roster good for you. I'll continue to voice my opinion nobody cares what you think

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
All that "character with stanley cup pedigree.... mentorship to change our culture" yada yada yada

I wonder if ‘changing the culture’ just means adding ‘random plugs without any actual substance’

Go post how much you love the team verbeek assembled omg he's not overpaying and resigning the ahl caliber useless players. You are obsessed with this last place roster good for you. I'll continue to voice my opinion nobody cares what you think

Don’t worry.. the kids will progress and everything will be fine - I foresee us another bottom five finish :baghead:

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I don't mind the player but the pairings confuse me. Two players will be playing on their off sides and Gudas will most likely be asked to play more minutes with Mintyukov. This doesn't seem like the right strategy. I worried about too many players receiving minutes they are not capable of.
I would guess:

Fowler (24) - 20 ES, 2 PP, 2 PK
Zellweger (21) - 17 ES, 4 PP
Mintyukov (20) - 16 ES, 2 PP, 2 PK
Gudas (19) - 17 ES, 2 PK
Dumuolin (18) - 16 ES, 2 PK
Vaak/LaCombe (18) - 16 ES, 2 PK

I don't think that's asking anyone to do too much. Maybe you see Zellweger take an extra ES shift alongside Fowler in place of Gudas as the season goes on.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Health is going to be a huge factor for this teams success. Yes, we need to plug some holes but if we can stay healthy on top of adding a guy like Cutter to the mix, we have talent. We have a good prospect pool with some kids knocking on the door, question is how long some of them will need to reach the NHL.

For me, thats a big reason why the front office didnt want to sign guys to too much term. Have to be balanced though too because you dont want to rush kids out of necessity

Vaakou

Jun 30, 2012
Kristianstad
The injury that sidelined him was when the Ducks loaned him to the WJC with the intent of returning him to juniors. Anaheim wanted Luneau's ELC start to slide onto next season by playing fewer than 10 NHL games; Luneau only played in 7 NHL games.

Missing that much time off the ice as well as not in the gym due to leg infection does push his development back a bit. Then factor in Drysdale missing so much time due to injury only to get injured early into the season probably is another reason why starting Luneau in the AHL is the most prudent thing for Luneau, Luneau's health, and the Ducks.
Sure, i was only replying to why people have him in the NHL lineup.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I’ll echo what others have said. I like the pickup but it’s odd to bring Vaaks back and then trade for this guy. It reminds me of the Lybushkin trade. Worst case is he’s flipped for a better pick at the deadline.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I’ve come to the conclusion that this board will be split into two groups of thought:

Either the team will steadily improve with prospect development and the ‘possibility’ of getting better through trades

vs

This team trying to improve is merely an illusion created by PV and co. Either prospect growth will stagnate, and/or PVs built roster won’t improve.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I’ve come to the conclusion that this board will be split into two groups of thought:

Either the team will steadily improve with prospect development and the ‘possibility’ of getting better through trades

vs

This team trying to improve is merely an illusion created by PV and co. Either prospect growth will stagnate, and/or PVs built roster won’t improve.

Well, Verbeek blew up the team to reset the rebuild. Selecting at the top of the is one way to secure potentially top-end talent. I don't expect any top-end players in their primes available for trade unless a team is blowing itself up like the Ducks. Thus, we're waiting on the prospects to pan out and then we add complementary pieces. Right now, we don't know what our youths are since this is year 3 of the reset rebuild.

Next year, we should have a better grasp if Verbeek's drafting and acquisitions have done we well or not to move into adding more substantial players from outside the org.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Who did you have in mind dirk…. I know there is video of Daniel Cormier in hockey gear but I assure you he isn’t a free agent
At least that would bring more entertainment than the typical Ducks game would provide and actually justify the price of admission. We would probably also see less opponent fans too. Why not Jake Paul on skates? We could be the worst hockey team in the league but be I can guarantee we wouldn’t be skipped during commercial breaks on broadcasts like what we see at the draft. Let’s hire Rogan as our GM. We can suck and be the joke of the league with our minor league management but be entertaining at least, creating Slap Shot family memories.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
At least that would bring more entertainment than the typical Ducks game would provide and actually justify the price of admission. We would probably also see less opponent fans too. Why not Jake Paul on skates? We could be the worst hockey team in the league but be I can guarantee we wouldn’t be skipped during commercial breaks on broadcasts like what we see at the draft. Let’s hire Rogan as our GM. We can suck and be the joke of the league with our minor league management but be entertaining at least, creating Slap Shot family memories.

We can’t sign Jake Paul - Cronin didn’t coach him in college or the minor leagues!

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
We can’t sign Jake Paul - Cronin didn’t coach him in college or the minor leagues!
At this point we mind as sign up to be a reality tv show… insights to a dysfunctional hockey club. Start promoting that we are having amateur tryouts from the street and guarantee a spot to a random beer league guy or goon who would be a fan favorite. He can be our Rudy making league minimum which would be life changing for him. We can also start watching relationship drama from Zegras and his famous girlfriend. Make it like Hard Knocks meets Ultimate Fighter and the Bachelor. Who cares if we win… we get to keep drafting top prospects like it’s a video game in EA sports.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Well, he’s got Cup winning experience and it was a cheap trade. Not expecting a large on-ice impact.

Fowler - Zell
Minty - Gudas
Dumo - LaCombe
Vaakanainen

Luneau in the AHL

It’s not ideal, but I suppose that’s the way it is. I don’t believe they’ll trade a defenseman.

Reactions: lwvs84

Tony O

May 31, 2011
Well, he’s got Cup winning experience and it was a cheap trade. Not expecting a large on-ice impact.

Fowler - Zell
Minty - Gudas
Dumo - LaCombe
Vaakanainen

Luneau in the AHL

It’s not ideal, but I suppose that’s the way it is. I don’t believe they’ll trade a defenseman.
And he’ll be traded at the deadline for a third-round pick. "Good asset management". But I still hate where this team is at after yesterday.

Reactions: cheesymc

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA

Fowler - Zell
Minty - Gudas
Dumo - LaCombe
Vaakanainen

Luneau in the AHL

This was the D pairs I was thinking, maybe Vaak comes in every 2-3 games for Dumo.

Also, anyone think after this last draft, Zellweger on the right might be the best long term for? If he pans out and becomes the player we reasonably hope, Solberg might be the perfect partner for Zellweger. Provides the size and snarl that Zellweger won't have along with a dynamic offense that Solberg probably won't.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

Fowler - Zell
Minty - Gudas
Dumo - LaCombe
Vaakanainen

Luneau in the AHL

Why does Zellweger automatically get the top D spot? Shouldn’t we shelter his minutes?

This was the D pairs I was thinking, maybe Vaak comes in every 2-3 games for Dumo.

Also, anyone think after this last draft, Zellweger on the right might be the best long term for? If he pans out and becomes the player we reasonably hope, Solberg might be the perfect partner for Zellweger. Provides the size and snarl that Zellweger won't have along with a dynamic offense that Solberg probably won't.

Solberg is a LD exclusively? Or does he play on his on the right too?

He’s an interesting prospect. Will look forward to following his progress

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad