Confirmed with Link: [ANA/SEA] Brian Dumoulin for 2026 4th round pick

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Well, he’s got Cup winning experience and it was a cheap trade. Not expecting a large on-ice impact.

Fowler - Zell
Minty - Gudas
Dumo - LaCombe
Vaakanainen

Luneau in the AHL

It’s not ideal, but I suppose that’s the way it is. I don’t believe they’ll trade a defenseman.
And the people calling for us to tradw Fowler leaving us a hefty two vets on D. Terrifying

Reactions: Kalv and Unholy

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
"I'm excited to join the Ducks," Dumoulin said on a call with media after the trade. "I've had a few [Ducks players] reach out to me. I talked with Pat Verbeek. It's definitely still fresh, but I'm looking forward to getting to know the team more."

"I think one of the biggest things about my game is just consistency," Dumoulin said. "I think there's not a lot of highs and lows to my game. I just I try to bring the same game every night, whether that be playing defensively, playing with the lead or just using my hockey IQ to just put me in good spots. Make subtle plays and try to make really good breakouts that are clean so forwards can create an odd-man rush and have time and space. I try to keep it off the walls and just try to make plays. So I do a lot of little subtleties that I hope adds up to winning and I try to bring to be as consistent as I can so my teammates can rely on me every night."

The former Boston College Eagle is known for his consistent defensive play but scored a career-best six goals last season and had a personal-best 24 assists the year prior.

"It's definitely something I can add and it depends on roles," Dumoulin said. "It's whatever the team needs me to do. Depending on the matchups I'm facing, I try to be a little more versatile...It's when the timing is right. I'm not a guy that's going to lead the rush, but I like to join it, find openings and be available for my teammates."

That reliability on both ends will certainly be an asset to Anaheim's young defenders, as Olen Zellweger, Jackson LaCombe and Tristan Luneau all look to establish themselves as full-time NHLers.

"I wouldn't say I'm overly vocal or anything like that," Dumoulin said. "I just try to go about my business, prepare every day, try to get better and have fun, enjoy every minute of it. I want to be myself the best I can with this group and try to bring what I can to play winning hockey."

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Solberg is a LD exclusively? Or does he play on his on the right too?

He’s an interesting prospect. Will look forward to following his progress
I'm not sure, better to assume the guy that has played RD (Zellweger) is going to play on the right. Him and Minty could be a real handful too if he does play the right. Throw them out there with the (potentially) Gauthier Carlsson Sennecke line and that's some serious size.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'd bet Dumo plays with Minty. I read somewhere that Dumo had a similar role last year (take RD minutes with a young LD prospect).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad