Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
When the upcoming season is over in the spring of '25 and the club misses the POs again, as it will, it will tie the organization's longevity for not making the POs at five years in a row. The last time they reached that level was in'89-90 through'93-94. Perhaps that will get Comcast's attention that they don't know how to run a hockey club?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When the upcoming season is over in the spring of '25 and the club misses the POs again, as it will, it will tie the organization's longevity for not making the POs at five years in a row. The last time they reached that level was in'89-90 through'93-94. Perhaps that will get Comcast's attention that they don't know how to run a hockey club?
The only thing that will get their attention is market unrest and suppressed revenue.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
So I was just thinking to myself, the flyers know that a good portion of the fanbase isn't at all happy with the offseason, and the direction that things are going, even with idiots like Jamey trying to convince people otherwise, even if it's not true or won't happen, wouldn't it be smart to internally start a "rumor" of a potential block buster move to generate interest or to keep people invested even in the offseason? BTW I mean this for the casuals who need something to keep their attention lol

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Their revenue was surprisingly strong last year from a random infographic I saw. I could easily see them happy enough with Michkov and some 1st and 2nd rounds, same as they were with Giroux.
They also had a good first half for the first time in ages, and they may have had a bump from Phillies disappointment, Eagles burnout, and Sixers fatigue. My guess is they will do well again to start, they’re keeping the bar low publicly, but I don’t know how much patience fans will have if they’re not in it to make the playoffs again.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Don’t know if this was mentioned but seems like Artyom Kudashov, who was invited to dev camp , is turning some heads. 19 yr old defender from Russia. Played semi regularly in KHL last year. Skating and stick work seem to be good. Only 6’0” though so Flyers will most likely pass on him.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
That streak was worse than you think.

89-90: 16 of 21 teams make the playoffs
90-91: 16 of 21 teams make the playoffs
91-92: 16 of 22 teams make the playoffs
92-93: 16 of 24 teams make the playoffs
93-94: 16 of 26 teams make the playoffs

• Wow
Reactions: orangey

Van Buren Boy

--------------------
Aug 18, 2006
That streak was worse than you think.

89-90: 16 of 21 teams make the playoffs
90-91: 16 of 21 teams make the playoffs
91-92: 16 of 22 teams make the playoffs
92-93: 16 of 24 teams make the playoffs
93-94: 16 of 26 teams make the playoffs

The difference is that they had really good teams in the 70s and 80s so a little let down was fine. To add, they actually had players that made the games exciting unlike today. Starting in 92-93 you could tell things were starting to change although they didnt make the playoffs for another 2 years.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
if that draft is above ave. how bad does it have to be to be below ave.
The media really hyped some players in this draft who had serious holes in their games-defensemen who are not good at defense; slow of foot centers who can pass but are poor shooters; players with serious back, shoulder and knee injuries on their resumes at age eighteen. Some teams probably were snookered on draft day.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

Lower than last year's projection, isn't it?

I think 81 is generous. Flyers had Hart for half the season and would steal games he shouldn't have. Flyers WILL NOT have this luxury. I honestly think this team, even with a healthy Drysdale and Couts, even with Michkov, will be a worse team. Many of those points were luck or because Hart stole games. Flyers will be worse than Columbus.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
I think 81 is generous. Flyers had Hart for half the season and would steal games he shouldn't have. Flyers WILL NOT have this luxury. I honestly think this team, even with a healthy Drysdale and Couts, even with Michkov, will be a worse team. Many of those points were luck or because Hart stole games. Flyers will be worse than Columbus.
From your lips to gods ears . A bottom 5 season would be amazing. I fear they will be the same as last year, too good to be truly bad and too bad to be truly good.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I do wonder how long they’ll go with the “New Era of Orange” shit.

They’re still using it this off-season after missing the playoffs. They go forward and miss the next couple of years, are they still going to use it? Just abandon it? When does it go too far?
After the Fly or Die campaign the year Lindblom got diagnosed with cancer, do we really want to see the next marketing campaign?

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
From your lips to gods ears . A bottom 5 season would be amazing. I fear they will be the same as last year, too good to be truly bad and too bad to be truly good.
Yep another bubble season of overachieving slightly before just missing. Picking 14th is their punishment for being dopes that refuse to rebuild.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yes, we have no idea how Fedotov will do. Ersson will definitely struggle if they try and make him play 60 games.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
i wonder what their plan is if they see they are really destined to pick the bottom 5...will they make a move to push up or will they jettison players for picks/prospects

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad