Confirmed with Link: [ANA/SEA] Brian Dumoulin for 2026 4th round pick

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Why stop there? He's at best a 3rd string water boy now! He's at best the 4th guy I would want to serve me my fries now.

1st in points, 1st in assists, 2nd in goals, 1st in time on ice, I think you're being a little rough on the Fowler. Our team seems to disagree, a bit.
Our team has had 3 top 3 picks with fowler leading the charge. Not sure if they are the best judge

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Bring in someone that better compliments those guys... fowler doesnt compliment any of our young guys.

If the goal is a high pick, by all means captain cam can lead the way.
I am all for bringing in a top pairing defenseman, and paying what is takes, not sure there is one available.

Lateral moves, i.e. trade Fowler and then bring in another 2nd pairing defenseman to eat top pair minutes, seem nothing more than a light touch up and wasting assets.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I am all for bringing in a top pairing defenseman, and paying what is takes, not sure there is one available.

Lateral moves, i.e. trade Fowler and then bring in another 2nd pairing defenseman to eat top pair minutes, seem nothing more than a light touch up and wasting assets.
I mean neither of us really know, but ive been saying it for a while... team needs a culture team... fowler and gibson are the last 2 pieces of the BM/Getz culture, and i think its time to move on from them.

It’s funny , NHL.com has him as RHD, lol.
I wont lie i thought he was a RHD and got a bit excited

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Letting Lindstrom walk is a bit baffling to me. He was decent, certainly deserved a shot at camp
I mean i guess it was prob a question of Lacombe vs Lindstrom vs Vaaks.... and maybe they thought Vaaks/Lacombe have a lot more to show

/shrug

Vaakou

Jun 30, 2012
Kristianstad
The people penciling Luneau into the d rotation are probably in for a shock. I think he starts in the AHL and has to earn his way here. I don't think this addition necessitates another deal.
I think thats because the team has said that he is part of the big club before. A injury sidelined him last season, he would have been with the Ducks.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The people penciling Luneau into the d rotation are probably in for a shock. I think he starts in the AHL and has to earn his way here. I don't think this addition necessitates another deal.
I think thats prob the correct move, based on health issues the last year... let him get back to normal in the AHL and bring him up at some point.

But sometimes when you hear the way they talk about Luneau, you wonder if they dont already have him penciled into the line up if healthy

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
TBF I think most people here aren't penciling him into the line-up, more like expecting that Verbeek wants to be able to pencil him in.

Most would probably agree that a year in SD would be good for him (and probably good for SD) but Pat seems really high on him.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
TBF I think most people here aren't penciling him into the line-up, more like expecting that Verbeek wants to be able to pencil him in.

Most would probably agree that a year in SD would be good for him (and probably good for SD) but Pat seems really high on him.
Even luneau himself would understand the change of plan to play with the gulls instead of starting with the ducks given his injury and lack of development the last months.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Even luneau himself would understand the change of plan to play with the gulls instead of starting with the ducks given his injury and lack of development the last months.
For sure he’d understand but that’s not really an issue anyway. Last year was brutal for him in terms of game action and it makes all the sense in the world to start him in the AHL but he also made the team as a 19 year old and could very well do so a year later. He may have only played 7 NHL games but he was around for months of practices and they could very well think he’s just NHL ready. For us fans it’s tough to handicap but the brass has seen a lot more of him than we have.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I think thats because the team has said that he is part of the big club before. A injury sidelined him last season, he would have been with the Ducks.

The injury that sidelined him was when the Ducks loaned him to the WJC with the intent of returning him to juniors. Anaheim wanted Luneau's ELC start to slide onto next season by playing fewer than 10 NHL games; Luneau only played in 7 NHL games.

Missing that much time off the ice as well as not in the gym due to leg infection does push his development back a bit. Then factor in Drysdale missing so much time due to injury only to get injured early into the season probably is another reason why starting Luneau in the AHL is the most prudent thing for Luneau, Luneau's health, and the Ducks.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
I don't mind the player but the pairings confuse me. Two players will be playing on their off sides and Gudas will most likely be asked to play more minutes with Mintyukov. This doesn't seem like the right strategy. I worried about too many players receiving minutes they are not capable of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad