Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PHI] Cutter Gauthier for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
While it seems that Torts had nothing to do with this, he certainly has the grumpy, toxic old man thing covered, so it's possible that playing for him was another reason that Gauthier wasn't thrilled about coming to PHI. PHI is coming for their one and only visit to MPLS this year, with hometown guy Bobby Brink on the roster, and a slew of his parents/family/friends ready to watch him play. Torts pulls him for Deslaurier.

I mean, talk about mean spirited. DeLo will probably play about 6 minutes of completely awful hockey. Players, especially young players, notice and talk about things like this.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
While it seems that Torts had nothing to do with this, he certainly has the grumpy, toxic old man thing covered, so it's possible that playing for him was another reason that Gauthier wasn't thrilled about coming to PHI. PHI is coming for their one and only visit to MPLS this year, with hometown guy Bobby Brink on the roster, and a slew of his parents/family/friends ready to watch him play. Torts pulls him for Deslaurier.

I mean, talk about mean spirited. DeLo will probably play about 6 minutes of completely awful hockey. Players, especially young players, notice and talk about things like this.

Not the first time Torts has benched someone coming home. Torts is such a piece of trash.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Not the first time Torts has benched someone coming home. Torts is such a piece of trash.
I like Torts a lot but he misses the mark with his older mentality on compassion and emotion; which, oddly enough, comes from the same guy who took off because his dog died...

Anyway - sitting Brink tonight is tone deaf and I expect nothing less from the oldest coach in the league sadly

As for the Gauthier situation I doubt Tortorella had anything to do with it

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
it's truly a mystery why Cutter would not want to join a franchise that has a fanbase, media personalities and management that act they way they do when a player uses what rights he has to determine his future.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
it's truly a mystery why Cutter would not want to join a franchise that has a fanbase, media personalities and management that act they way they do when a player uses what rights he has to determine his future.

Yeah, the Flyers are the jerks in this scenario

Top prospects say they won't play for a franchise only a year after being drafted *all the time* ::eyeroll::

Reactions: tictactoe

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Yeah, the Flyers are the jerks in this scenario

Top prospects say they won't play for a franchise only a year after being drafted *all the time* ::eyeroll::
Cutter is in his right to change his mind and not want to play for the Flyers. Sucks for the Flyers but the reaction from Philly fans, media personalities, and management has been cringe

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Cutter is in his right to change his mind and not want to play for the Flyers. Sucks for the Flyers but the reaction from Philly fans, media personalities, and management has been cringe

So you'd be happy if in 2 months Cutter, out of nowhere, tells the Ducks "I don't want to play for the Ducks" and forces another trade? You'd just go "well it's his right so no one should be upset"

Reactions: Wangstar

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Remind me what management said that is so mean.

Only heard they had to trade him bc he would not play for them. Were asked what exactly CG told you: well he told us nothing bc he would not meet with us.

then it became Torts, Carson Briere, the batteries thrown at Santa in the 70s and the ambush technique.

So you'd be happy if in 2 months Cutter, out of nowhere, tells the Ducks "I don't want to play for the Ducks" and forces another trade? You'd just go "well it's his right so no one should be upset"
And forced to deal with only 1 team a la Fox?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
it would be his right, it would suck but I wouldn't act like Philly fans have been; attacking his character. also he told the Flyers he would not sign with them and didn't leak it; gave the Flyers plenty of time to find a trade partner. them being so upset that Cutter "ghosted" them in Sweden even though they knew he did not want to talk or sign with them is all on them. when someone doesn't want to talk to you, don't be shocked when they still dont want to talk to you even if you flew to see them.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
it would be his right, it would suck but I wouldn't act like Philly fans have been; attacking his character. also he told the Flyers he would not sign with them and didn't leak it; gave the Flyers plenty of time to find a trade partner. them being so upset that Cutter "ghosted" them in Sweden even though they knew he did not want to talk or sign with them is all on them. when someone doesn't want to talk to you, don't be shocked when they still dont want to talk to you even if you flew to see them.
How did they attack his character?

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Well it's actually not his right. He's Flyers' property until they trade him, or he waits out his current status. But anyway, no one is arguing that he can ask for a trade. The issue is that he even felt he had to ask for one. That's why he's getting criticized heavily.

There's still no good reason for why Cutter did this - and I will continue to trash the fellow for the rest of his career because it's fun and he started it.

Last edited:

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Well it's actually not his right. He's Flyers' property until they trade him, or he waits out his current status. But anyway, no one is arguing that he can ask for a trade. The issue is that he even felt he had to ask for one. That's why he's getting criticized heavily.

There's still no good reason for why Cutter did this - and I will continue to trash the fellow for the rest of his career because it's fun and he started it.
so you admit he did the Flyers a favor by asking for a trade instead of just waiting out? Flyers still get a great young player when they could have gotten nothing. Why should he get criticized for asking for a trade? maybe you should be asking what's wrong with the Flyers organization that would lead Cutter to wanting a trade out?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
How did they attack his character?
feel free to read this thread to answer your question. or should i also bring up the Philly fans (hopefully not ones in here) that are sending him death threats online? you got people calling out Cutter's reasoning as bullshit and just using "personal reasons" to hid away from having to answer why he wanted out or some people saying he's lying about getting death threats. just a bunch of attacks on Cutter's character because he doesn't want to play on a hockey team is just so sad.

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
so you admit he did the Flyers a favor by asking for a trade instead of just waiting out? Flyers still get a great young player when they could have gotten nothing. Why should he get criticized for asking for a trade? maybe you should be asking what's wrong with the Flyers organization that would lead Cutter to wanting a trade out?

Did us a favor?

Alright, this conversation is ovaaaaaa

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
And the Ducks are some wildly successful franchise? Theyve missed the playoffs more seasons than theyve made it (48% soon to be 45%) meanwhile the Flyers make it 73% of the time

Not sure Ducks fans have any right to throw stones

Edit: in fact, its almost just as bad that he let personnel and feelings decide to go to a far less successful franchise. He better hope he doesnt struggle early because hell be hearing about it

Last edited by a moderator:

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
what was the rection from media or managment? Brah... wtf are you talking about, at least give example...

Rooch

Jul 22, 2021
And the Ducks are some wildly successful franchise? Theyve missed the playoffs more seasons than theyve made it (48% soon to be 45%) meanwhile the Flyers make it 73% of the time

Not sure Ducks fans have any right to throw stones
This right here? Some of the most delusional nonsense I've ever read. Only teams that make the playoffs can "throw stones" now? And only certain percentages of playoff seasons have a right to chirp? Get a grip, man. It's a game.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
As a Flyers fan I’ve moved on past Cutter. Drysdale is why. It’s still the principle though with this whole situation. I’d never want to see a high end prospect not sign with the team that drafted them, barring certain circumstances

Reactions: Sombastate

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006

I like Torts in some ways but sadly this shows that he’s actually a pathetic little man inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad