Proposal: Ana Needed trades

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I honestly think the Ducks are a lot closer to a fire sale than trying to position their D-core better. I can't see them swinging for the fences with guys like that anytime soon. Flip Silverberg for draft picks and try to get some legit young talent for the next wave.

They had their chance to move Silfverberg at the deadline. They decided to keep him. They are moving forward without Perry, Kesler, Eaves. The core and prospect pool is a lot better than fans of the other 30 teams will admit.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I dont mean to troll, but a move like any of these dont make sense for Anaheim right now who needs to start developing young guys and not giving them away

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Ana need’s a Rd what would it take to get one :
Car - D.Hamilton
Cls - S. Jones
Buf - R. Ristolainen
Risto is your best bet - they could use a young forward, for which you have plenty. Rakell or Terry may be overpaying a bit. Maybe Comtois or Max Jones?

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
They had their chance to move Silfverberg at the deadline. They decided to keep him. They are moving forward without Perry, Kesler, Eaves. The core and prospect pool is a lot better than fans of the other 30 teams will admit.

I agree, because it's not in the East and they're not already winning cups they're going to go under the radar. However I think they're still a few years away from making some serious noise with guys like Steel and Zegras (if they pan out) leading the charge. Hopefully Comtois turns into something too.

However I feel that it's only a matter of time before they flip Silfverberg. He's a great player, but I would argue when this prospect pool is making a difference on the main roster he won't be an impact guy anymore. I know I very well could be wrong, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Put down the pitchfork. You even quoted what I said and it clearly didn't say you have NO young talent. Just it isn't enough right now to make a deep run.

Now is the time you bring in MORE young talent so that when your next wave comes along guys like Kase, Rakell, Gibson, Lindholm, and hopefully even Fowler are still half decent.

However you don't have the assets to do that without giving up draft picks to bring in a guy like Jones or Risto. So you're better off going through the draft IMO.
1 duck fan made this post, and he generally has bad trade ideas.

At the same time were not nearly in as much trouble as you make it sound.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Risto is your best bet - they could use a young forward, for which you have plenty. Rakell or Terry may be overpaying a bit. Maybe Comtois or Max Jones?
Comtois or Jones are secondary pieces in a Ristolainen trade, not centerpieces. Right now our biggest need is a legitimate 2C any proposal that doesn't offer that isn't likely to get it done.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Risto prob doesnt bring home a top 2c... youd get something like henrique +
The term on that Henrique deal immediately turns me off. I'd be reluctant to take that deal on for a late round pick straight up. In a potential deal for Ristolainen that's a pretty easy pass for me. I realize he is still a decent enough player that'll have some utility for some of that contract, but I can easily see that deal being an anchor the last couple of years. I don't know that Risto gets a guy that's a legit 2C right now, but at the very least it should be a guy with that potential. A couple winger prospects aren't all that enticing.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
I'd give you Bogosian for Sprong one-for-one, he's a RD - but the pcs you'd need to get Risto are the very pcs you shouldnt be trading at this point in the Ducks retool... BUF has depth to spare at RD, but our RH shot right winger depth is sorely lacking.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'd give you Bogosian for Sprong one-for-one, he's a RD - but the pcs you'd need to get Risto are the very pcs you shouldnt be trading at this point in the Ducks retool... BUF has depth to spare at RD, but our RH shot right winger depth is sorely lacking.
I kinda felt like something around kase and risto might be a starting point

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
that's a horrible deal for us, but thanks for being so kind to give us Bogosian for that.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
False statement. Lindholm, prospects, picks.

Honestly, I don't think Columbus move Jones except if it's a HUGE overpayment. Nothing against Lindholm, but they don't need a LHD right now, they have a huge hole if Jones leave and you have Lindholm/Werenski/Murray on the same side. And with the firepower they lost this off season, I can't see them trading their best player.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
The term on that Henrique deal immediately turns me off. I'd be reluctant to take that deal on for a late round pick straight up. In a potential deal for Ristolainen that's a pretty easy pass for me. I realize he is still a decent enough player that'll have some utility for some of that contract, but I can easily see that deal being an anchor the last couple of years. I don't know that Risto gets a guy that's a legit 2C right now, but at the very least it should be a guy with that potential. A couple winger prospects aren't all that enticing.

I think your assessment of Henrique's contract is reasonable - number is a bit too high for a bit too long. But what I'm missing is the value Buffalo fans seems to be placing on Risto (and his contract). My impression (which could be mistaken) is that Buffalo fans are very unhappy with Risto's defensive play and feel he's a 4/5 right now. Even if he's a 4, Risto's contract is a bit high as well. Yet Buffalo thinks a flawed defenseman with a $5.4M contract will return a 2c or top prospect? Look at the recent trades if middle or low tier d-men - they haven't been traded for that type of return.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Comtois or Jones are secondary pieces in a Ristolainen trade, not centerpieces. Right now our biggest need is a legitimate 2C any proposal that doesn't offer that isn't likely to get it done.
Do Sabre fans think Casey Mittelstadt is not 2c material? Or just not ready yet?

I figured a big, near-NHL ready prospect like Comtois who can score as LW2 would have been just what BUF wanted. I don't know - maybe Olofsson is that guy.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Ristolainen and maybe Hamilton would be available--might cost you more in terms of prospects/picks than you'd like. If you were interested I would trade you Shattenkirk for a 3rd. He's a bit expensive on the cap though.

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
Ana need’s a Rd what would it take to get one :
Car - D.Hamilton
Cls - S. Jones
Buf - R. Ristolainen
Ristolainen, Nylander and a 1st round draft pick for Rakell.

I'd even throw in someone like McCabe, Sheary or another non-1st round draft pick.

With Zegras, Steel, Terry, Tracey, Lundestrom, Kase, Jones, Comtois, Groulx, Sprong, McLaughlin, Kopacka, and Morand, Anaheim could afford to trade Rakell for a package of players, prospects and picks. With Lindholm or Fowler as a partner, Ristolainen could be awesome. Rakell could be the 2nd line center Buffalo needs until Mittelstadt and/or Cozens is ready, and then he could become the 2nd line LW or allow one of them to move to the wing. Hell, I'd even take back Eaves' contract.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad