Owen Keefe (Saugus, Mass.) D
Kiernan Poulin (Hingham, Mass.) D
Tory Pitner (South Kent Selects) D,
Thatcher Bernstein (Brookline, Mass.) G
Ryder Shea (Framingham, Mass.) G
Jack Parsons (Mount St. Charles) G

Al48

Apr 23, 2020

Potential off ice issues? Just saw this tweet about the player.

In fairness to Trevor, who does have a slight history of douchey behavior, he posted a picture of another kid who had made a swastika out of some sort of kids building toys. He didn’t post a picture of a swastika like he was supporting nazi-ism. I’ve seen the post with my own eyes. I do not know who took the picture. Yes, it was dumb to put out there.

Edit: To clarify, it was other kid posing with this and it was posted in an effort to screw with this kid

Last edited:

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Some New England associated names headed to the U17 camp -

Cole Eiserman (Newburyport, Mass.) F
Teddy Stiga (Sudbury, Mass.) F
Gavin Cornforth (Milton, Mass.) F
Niko Tournas (Redding, Conn.) F
James Hagens (Mount St. Charles) F
Cal Hughes (Mount St. Charles) F
Owen Keefe (Saugus, Mass.) D
Kiernan Poulin (Hingham, Mass.) D
Tory Pitner (South Kent Selects) D,
Thatcher Bernstein (Brookline, Mass.) G
Ryder Shea (Framingham, Mass.) G
Jack Parsons (Mount St. Charles) G
Pretty shocking Will Felicio wasn't invited

Reactions: clevelandcane

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
Anyone know anything about the chances of Anthony Spellacy making the team? He goes to my alma mater. I always hoped he'd play for the school (instead of AAA) but looks like he's "over qualified". HA!

Thoughts?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Biggest names missing from the invite list?

- Trevor Connelly (already tendered)
- Thomas Zocco
- Will Felicio
- Mitch Kneidel
- Michael Risteau
- Henry Lechner
- Joe Mense
- Landon Stringfellow

Looks like some duals with Varkonyi, Emery, Rheaume-Mullen? Missing anybody?

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York

Poking around twitter, Whipple has shown a lot of love to Swift Current in the WHL for drafting him. Hope we land all the top guys to the program.

Reactions: BKarchitect

HockeyFan2022

Sep 16, 2021
Whipple reminds me a lot of Mark Giordano. Not overly heavy at first sight, but stifles cycles, stifles with pressure and puck pursuit, high level maturity and positional play at his age, along with high-end poise to complement his game. The IQ, positional intelligence, and poise is rare for a guy his age. Knows when to time his activations offensively and defensively. Rover style defenders who incorporate modern day techniques while also being slightly old-schooled with their overall play. He's so so SO good and extremely smart. He'll be a first rounder in the NHL in a few years for sure.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
So who has insight on who made the NTDP? Or educated guesses....
Not sure but the early buzz is this is a very, very good class. Maybe not ‘04 deep but Eiserman is definitely a star and there are some other high end forwards, maybe no true superstar on defense but loaded with athletic blueliners and Bernstein is supposed to be a stud in net. Much more high end talent than ‘05 assuming they secure commitments from the top guys.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Sounds like Eiserman is the real deal…a standout in a great class. The descriptions of his play in camp are Matthews-esque…no, of course we don’t know if he’s that caliber of prospect yet but the size, shot and determination in all zones mark him out as elite. I haven’t been able to get a read on if he’s playing mostly center or wing, does anybody know?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I've done a kind of quick, generalized recap from Puck Preps who had two scouts watching all four days (obviously their full thoughts on each player and scrimmage are behind a pay-wall). These were the standout players are listed in a non-scientific order of how well they seemed to standout through all the scrimmages:

FORWARDS
- Cornforth (F) - Shifty and fast with quick hands and high level ability to control the puck and cycle while also displaying patience and intelligence. Very impressive performances.

- Ziemer (F) - Really skilled with the puck and can dish and finish. High-end technicals with big-time compete and team-oriented game.

- Epperson (F) - Physically strong and good skater with big offensive tools and high ceiling.

- Hagens (F) - Explosive skater and intelligent; composed while carrying the puck, good on face-offs and defensively. Needs some refinement but enormous potential.

- Hughes (F) - Power forward prototype with good skating and puck-protection - not always fully-committed defensively but a force when on.

- Humphreys (F) - A bit inconsistent and needs to improve decision making but excellent playmaker with quick hands.

- Eiserman (F) - Already discussed. Superior talent who didn't really showcase his full ability through all the scrimmages but still obviously an elite prospect.

- Stiga (F) - Really good all good offensive arsenal - able to find soft spots on the ice, score and pass, good puck protection, quick & powerful.

- McMorrow (F) - Only mentioned in one of the scrimmage recaps but for one scout was the best player in that game. Explosive skater with technical skill and intelligent team-based game.

- Varkonyi (F) - CSSHL-based forward played wing but may project as a two-way center; shifty, good in possession and sound defensively.

- Vansaghi (F) - Huge potential as power winger; high level board play, a danger off the rush and strong cycling. Raw and prone to some mental mistakes.

- Spellacy (F) - Not the most skilled but really good defensively and battles on both sides of the ice. Sounds like one of those typical NTDP role-player forwards.

- Park (F) - A bit disappointing considering his pedigree and numbers at SSM but very fast, good playmaker with well-rounded game who can play at a very high pace. Maybe just a poor week?

- Swanson (F) - Small forward who is a great skater and hustler with very good instincts and two-way game.

- Bednarik (F) - High work-rate defensively, lots of hustle and enough speed to create danger...another typical NTDP role player?

- Young (F) - Hard-working two-way player with excellent vision and playmaking.

DEFENSE
- Whipple (D) - As already mentioned above, a standout in every scrimmage. Just an all-around stud. Sounds like by far the standout of camp.

- Longacre (D) - Skates well, calm but physical, extremely intelligent and positionally sound with ability to be a factor on the rush and in transition.

- Skahan (D) - Strong and commanding defensive presence at all times; offensive tools are still developing.

- Keefe (D) - Explosive skater and high-level mobility in all directions with a solid all-around game. Skating and intelligence allows him to recover and fix team defensive lapses effectively.

- Poulin (D) - Small but super agile and quick; loves to carry the puck and has good vision. The better prototypical "small D" for this year's team over Cole Hutson (Lane's brother)?

- Dakota Reheaume-Mullen (D) - Technically sound and strong with a very good intelligence on the defensive side. Lanky stride and not as polished with the puck as some.

HockeyFan2022

Sep 16, 2021
I've done a kind of quick, generalized recap from Puck Preps who had two scouts watching all four days (obviously their full thoughts on each player and scrimmage are behind a pay-wall). These were the standout players are listed in a non-scientific order of how well they seemed to standout through all the scrimmages:

FORWARDS
- Cornforth (F) - Shifty and fast with quick hands and high level ability to control the puck and cycle while also displaying patience and intelligence. Very impressive performances.

- Ziemer (F) - Really skilled with the puck and can dish and finish. High-end technicals with big-time compete and team-oriented game.

- Epperson (F) - Physically strong and good skater with big offensive tools and high ceiling.

- Hagens (F) - Explosive skater and intelligent; composed while carrying the puck, good on face-offs and defensively. Needs some refinement but enormous potential.

- Hughes (F) - Power forward prototype with good skating and puck-protection - not always fully-committed defensively but a force when on.

- Humphreys (F) - A bit inconsistent and needs to improve decision making but excellent playmaker with quick hands.

- Eiserman (F) - Already discussed. Superior talent who didn't really showcase his full ability through all the scrimmages but still obviously an elite prospect.

- Stiga (F) - Really good all good offensive arsenal - able to find soft spots on the ice, score and pass, good puck protection, quick & powerful.

- McMorrow (F) - Only mentioned in one of the scrimmage recaps but for one scout was the best player in that game. Explosive skater with technical skill and intelligent team-based game.

- Varkonyi (F) - CSSHL-based forward played wing but may project as a two-way center; shifty, good in possession and sound defensively.

- Vansaghi (F) - Huge potential as power winger; high level board play, a danger off the rush and strong cycling. Raw and prone to some mental mistakes.

- Spellacy (F) - Not the most skilled but really good defensively and battles on both sides of the ice. Sounds like one of those typical NTDP role-player forwards.

- Park (F) - A bit disappointing considering his pedigree and numbers at SSM but very fast, good playmaker with well-rounded game who can play at a very high pace. Maybe just a poor week?

- Swanson (F) - Small forward who is a great skater and hustler with very good instincts and two-way game.

- Bednarik (F) - High work-rate defensively, lots of hustle and enough speed to create danger...another typical NTDP role player?

- Young (F) - Hard-working two-way player with excellent vision and playmaking.

DEFENSE
- Whipple (D) - As already mentioned above, a standout in every scrimmage. Just an all-around stud. Sounds like by far the standout of camp.

- Longacre (D) - Skates well, calm but physical, extremely intelligent and positionally sound with ability to be a factor on the rush and in transition.

- Skahan (D) - Strong and commanding defensive presence at all times; offensive tools are still developing.

- Keefe (D) - Explosive skater and high-level mobility in all directions with a solid all-around game. Skating and intelligence allows him to recover and fix team defensive lapses effectively.

- Poulin (D) - Small but super agile and quick; loves to carry the puck and has good vision. The better prototypical "small D" for this year's team over Cole Hutson (Lane's brother)?

- Dakota Reheaume-Mullen (D) - Technically sound and strong with a very good intelligence on the defensive side. Lanky stride and not as polished with the puck as some.
Really good looking D-core here. Only guy I haven’t noticed at all for some reason (Is he hurt?) is Logan Hensler. But pretty accurate projection of what should come roster-wise based off this week. Skahan’s looked ok too, same with Murray, but not standout worthy to me though. Really curious to see what happens with Max Plante too.

HockeyFan2022

Sep 16, 2021
Also just to add to this I saw Vansaghi’s and Cornforth’s names above here too. I didn’t realize Cornforth was playing prep with Thayer until now and he’s putting up really nice numbers there. Loved his game at selects last summer and his development has been astonishingly good. Same with Vansaghi.

Reactions: BKarchitect

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Also just to add to this I saw Vansaghi’s and Cornforth’s names above here too. I didn’t realize Cornforth was playing prep with Thayer until now and he’s putting up really nice numbers there. Loved his game at selects last summer and his development has been astonishingly good. Same with Vansaghi.
PP was raving about Cornforth.

I didn’t see Hensler listed in any of the line-ups, must be hurt? I l know going in he was right there with Keefe and Whipple as maybe the most ballyhooed blueliners?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad