Post-Game Talk: Alpha Males

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Key point was mentioned about Rempe in post game.

For whatever reason, he keeps the crowd engaged. On the surface you would think there is no reason to dress him, there's got to be a better player. But in reality, every time he goes out the crowd goes into a frenzy. He's like having an energy pedal you can step on and get a boost at will. For that reason, I would keep him in the lineup.
Because a decent percentage of the crowd are dodo’s and want to see him hurt somebody. It’s really not that hard to ascertain why they like him

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
ESPN all night: "Panthers are so good in the third" (Rangers have the best record in the league when tied after two periods this year)"Panthers are so comfortable in 1-goal games" (Rangers have the best record in one goal games this year: 23-6 overall and 12-1 at home)"Panthers are a great overtime team" (Rangers have the best overtime record in the league this year: 11-1 overall and 5-0 at home)You would think the Panthers were playing a wildcard team the way ESPN goes down on them...

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
Still not as bad as the NFL.
Oh I agree NFL is probably the worst and was even more of a disaster when they started reviewing pass interference. Basketball is starting to get bad now, in college the delays near the end of games take forever and the pros are reviewing foul calls. It’s out of control.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Gustav Forsling is a stud. It is very visible how good he is at suppressing offense, and he just eats pucks and uses his great skating and passing ability. I also think the system he plays in compliments him extremely well, and if we had him, he'd be another Michael Kostka #4.

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Oh I agree NFL is probably the worst and was even more of a disaster when they started reviewing pass interference. Basketball is starting to get bad now, in college the delays near the end of games take forever and the pros are reviewing foul calls. It’s out of control.

At least with the NHL, you kind of can have an idea if a review is coming up because it will be noticeable in the buildup to the goal. In the NFL a ticky tack ass flag could have been thrown hundreds of feet away and you wont know it until you see that horrible yellow banner come accross the screen.

VAR is also killing soccer.

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
Because a decent percentage of the crowd are dodo’s and want to see him hurt somebody. It’s really not that hard to ascertain why they like him
Nobody wants to see players getting stretchered off but watching someone throw big hits is entertaining and a part of the game. Getting pumped about a big hit doesn’t make someone a “dodo”.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Folks,

Just going to ask nicely , curb the negativity. I get some folks just want to see the world burn but it’s becoming an issue.

I’m not talking about criticism, heck I even criticize Panarin. It’s about the doom and Gloom. If you are here to doom or gloom this team it’s not the right forum for you.

Myself and the other mods have really tried to keep this place civil and fun and I just ask that you consider anything negative to post to maybe take a 2nd look and say “hey this is dooming and glooming”

Again, criticism isn’t the issue. No team is perfect , it’s about the over the top negativity that is basically trolling.

Thanks!
This place is so negative I don’t even log in during the game. trying to enjoy the playoffs a little

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
At least with the NHL, you kind of can have an idea if a review is coming up because it will be noticeable in the buildup to the goal. In the NFL a ticky tack ass flag could have been thrown hundreds of feet away and you wont know it until you see that horrible yellow banner come accross the screen.

And then something about the way the NFL refs walk to the spot to announce the call with their hand on the hip to turn on the mic really grinds my gears.

For VAR I don’t think it was meant to take goals away where someone’s shoulder was offsides by a centimeter, only goals that were scored by blatantly obvious misses. Instead we get the former.

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
ESPN all night: "Panthers are so good in the third" (Rangers have the best record in the league when tied after two periods this year)"Panthers are so comfortable in 1-goal games" (Rangers have the best record in one goal games this year: 23-6 overall and 12-1 at home)"Panthers are a great overtime team" (Rangers have the best overtime record in the league this year: 11-1 overall and 5-0 at home)You would think the Panthers were playing a wildcard team the way ESPN goes down on them...
It’s crazy because the whole game hearing all this stuff had me nervous. But then watching the game, the rangers are right there with them

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
And then something about the way the NFL refs walk to the spot to announce the call with their hand on the hip to turn on the mic really grinds my gears.

For VAR I don’t think it was meant to take goals away where someone’s shoulder was offsides by a centimeter, only goals that were scored by blatantly obvious misses. Instead we get the former.

I can't stand NBA refs leaning down and doing it. It feels so amateur.

Reactions: BleedBlueNYR

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It's gone so far that the Premier League clubs will actually have a vote in June to abolish it. Probably won't pass, but that's how annoyed some people are: some clubs triggered a formal vote on the subject.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It’s crazy because the whole game hearing all this stuff had me nervous. But then watching the game, the rangers are right there with them

I'm convinced some of the negativity from the fans comes from listening to those clowns and that narrative. I've literally never heard of a Presidents' Trophy winner get disrespected like this. And sure the Panthers were in the final last year but they got smoked. And we were in the ECF two years ago. ESPN and Marty Biron on TSN acting like the Rangers are the Capitals or something. It's so beyond the pale disrespectful to a team that has been at the very least one of the best in the league for almost 100 games. And a team that the last two seasons finished with 110 points and 107 points and two seasons ago went to the ECF. Absolutely ridiculous.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
That's what the offside rule was brought into the NHL for. And what actually happened was... yeah. We are staring down at millimetres.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Panthers were basically playing the Blue Jackets. Same colors, same team, just more luck.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

using VAR to award penalties is the part that sucks

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I'm convinced some of the negativity from the fans comes from listening to those clowns and that narrative. I've literally never heard of a Presidents' Trophy winner get disrespected like this. And sure the Panthers were in the final last year but they got smoked. And we were in the ECF two years ago. ESPN and Marty Biron on TSN acting like the Rangers are the Capitals or something. It's so beyond the pale disrespectful to a team that has been at the very least one of the best in the league for almost 100 games. And a team that the last two seasons finished with 110 points and 107 points and two seasons ago went to the ECF. Absolutely ridiculous.
If the Rangers beat Florida, it will be an upset. Then, if the Rangers make the Cup, regardless of who they play, they will be the underdog. Against Edmonton a HUGE underdog, probably worse than our chances against Florida.

It is what it is man, the models, the betting, everything. Rangers were only favored against Washington. The Athletic said it isn't too bad since they would have been favored against Toronto too, just not Carolina, Florida, or anyone in the West.

The Rangers get respect against the non-playoff teams, and against the lower tier of the playoff teams (NYI, BOS, TOR, WSH). Models do not have the Rangers in the upper tier. And they would get analytically crushed by any team out West. I also believe the models and analysts would have found a way to have us as underdogs against TBL because of pedigree.

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
I think Trouba has been good in this series and made a great play that led to the GWG. But I was disappointed when he had Lomberg lined up for a big hit and ended up just brushing against him (think it was in the first period?). I don't know if Lomberg side stepped him at the last minute or if Trouba pulled up but I was hoping to see Lomberg get hit hard.

Also, we need to get our PP zone entries figured out. The cats seem to have cracked our code. Rangers like to carry the puck in, they're not a dump and retrieve team. A number of times we had a single player trying to stick handle into the O-zone on the PP by himself, only to get covered up almost immediately but the opposition and turn the puck over. I was screaming "Where's the support?" Coaches need to make a strategic change to our zone entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad