Post-Game Talk: Alpha Males

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
Completely ruined my celebration. First I thought "I hope it wasn't offside", then I saw them huddling around a tablet, and then I heard about the high stick. I didn't even celebrate. Just a moment stolen from me.
I really am sorry for you. Probably would’ve happened to me too if I had any idea. It’s unfortunate we have to hold our breath now every time something good happens.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I have to admit, I wasn’t very aware of the whole high stick situation after the OT goal. We scored and I went berserk. I think I remember hearing somebody say something about a high stick but idk I was all over the place. Only this morning rewatching the game did I see the extent of the discussion and Trouba standing by the refs. I’m glad it didn’t ruin my celebration lol.
All OT goals get looked over by Toronto no matter what.

Reactions: BleedBlueNYR

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Reading the high stick stuff is wild to me because I don’t recall it even being mentioned on SN. They thought it was being looked at for off sides because they didn’t know why else it would be reviewed.
2014 SCF game 2 - Kings are awarded a good goal as Dwight King falls on top of Hank.

HF Boards: "Pfft. If your team isn't good enough to overcome a bad call, your team doesn't deserve to win. Quit yer bitchin'."

2024 ECF game 2 - Barclay Goodrow takes control of the puck with a borderline high stick in the neutral zone.

HF Boards: "OMFG!!!!!!! THAT WAS A HIGH STICK!!!!! BETTMAN WANTS BIG MARKET TEAMS TO WIN EVERY YEAR!!!!! THE NHL HAS BECOME THE WWE!!!!!!!"

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Folks,

Just going to ask nicely , curb the negativity. I get some folks just want to see the world burn but it’s becoming an issue.

I’m not talking about criticism, heck I even criticize Panarin. It’s about the doom and Gloom. If you are here to doom or gloom this team it’s not the right forum for you.

Myself and the other mods have really tried to keep this place civil and fun and I just ask that you consider anything negative to post to maybe take a 2nd look and say “hey this is dooming and glooming”

Again, criticism isn’t the issue. No team is perfect , it’s about the over the top negativity that is basically trolling.

Thanks!

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Folks,

Just going to ask nicely , curb the negativity. I get some folks just want to see the world burn but it’s becoming an issue.

I’m not talking about criticism, heck I even criticize Panarin. It’s about the doom and Gloom. If you are here to doom or gloom this team it’s not the right forum for you.

Myself and the other mods have really tried to keep this place civil and fun and I just ask that you consider anything negative to post to maybe take a 2nd look and say “hey this is dooming and glooming”

Again, criticism isn’t the issue. No team is perfect , it’s about the over the top negativity that is basically trolling.

Thanks!

Maybe you're deleting the posts but I haven't seen one negative post after the win, lol.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
There’s no question Kakko ranks much higher than Brodzinski on the depth chart. I didn’t it give it another thought about the choice between these two. The only consideration I can see Laviolette would give to lean toward Brodz over Kakko is that he’s a more prominent PKer than he was in the lineup.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Sort of my point. Miller has horrible judgment with his pinches. So, seems they told him not to. Kind of obvious when we see Lindgren of all people keep coming down the wall to keep the puck in, only to dump it around the boards except for that play in game 6. I haven't seen Miller come down the boards and circle the net at all.
A bit of conjecture, but it’s very possible he feels less confidence and that he has to shoulder more of the load defensively with Trouba, thus leading to him pinching less.

Counter-intuitively, it’s working out for the rangers the past two games. That pairing has been fine defensively at the cost of offense.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, Shaun Morash on WFAN is sure that the call that led to the Florida goal was terrible and a dive. I only saw it for like a second. Is he right?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
There is no question Fox is hurt, but even him at like 80% is better than other options. Just has to play through it.

Bottom 6 needed to score and they did, even if Trocheck was filling in on that line since Vesey went down. Goodrow has produced in these playoffs , has 4 goals , which is what he had all regular season. That is what I asked of him to step it up and he has.

Rempe had 9 hits last night(lead the team) played 10 mins, if he is going to get 10 mins a game or close to it, should keep him in. He puts question into the other team where they have to look over their shoulder to see if he is out there, and it throws off their game.

Mika was a mess last night some brutal turnovers. Panarin has gone into last year playoff Panarin, not good.

If we are going to take this series need more from them. Kinda annoyed Panarin got a secondary assist for really doing nothing. that first goal was all Fox Trocheck. Sorry but going to be hard on him, we need him to be the player he was in the regular season. A lot of times points are not the telling tale.
Post in thread 'Alpha Males' Post-Game Talk: - Alpha Males

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Key point was mentioned about Rempe in post game.

For whatever reason, he keeps the crowd engaged. On the surface you would think there is no reason to dress him, there's got to be a better player. But in reality, every time he goes out the crowd goes into a frenzy. He's like having an energy pedal you can step on and get a boost at will. For that reason, I would keep him in the lineup.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

For whatever reason, he keeps the crowd engaged. On the surface you would think there is no reason to dress him, there's got to be a better player. But in reality, every time he goes out the crowd goes into a frenzy. He's like having an energy pedal you can step on and get a boost at will. For that reason, I would keep him in the lineup.
He got to play last night. I'm more into the idea when he gets to play. I can't stand the mixed lines.

Reactions: bhamill

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

Rempe played well enough to be in the lineup. And Jiminy Crickets, Lavi actually played him as well. That was because Vesey was injured, but it all counts. He played well.

I didn't like the fact that he replaced Kakko instead of Vesey or Wennberg, but seems like the Vesey injury will correct that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad