Post-Game Talk: Alpha Males

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
He is a heck of a coach. Another "retread" coach that basically gets hired right after he becomes available. He has Florida playing old time hockey in a physical sense.
Though have any of his teams really played this way before? I don't think Winnipeg did under him.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I don't think it's intentional but I noticed the same thing.

I think Ferraro tries to get going on a 'narrative' at any given point to try to entertain the viewers, but he just isn't a particularly insightful analyst. And he's all over the place with his commentary. Ice level really isn't the best place for the chief color commentator, it should be the third guy.
We need Panger back in there if only so Panarin can drink some of his magic juice and go on a tear.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I think Ferraro tries to get going on a 'narrative' at any given point to try to entertain the viewers, but he just isn't a particularly insightful analyst. And he's all over the place with his commentary. Ice level really isn't the best place for the chief color commentator, it should be the third guy.
Ferraro used to be one of the best, especially with TSN. I don't know if he himself has changed, or ESPN wants him to do colour in a certain way. But he has been pretty unimpressive during his time there, at least IMO.

ESPN is disaster compared to TNT. Emily is the only good thing they have.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Prob Kakko bc he fits there.

IF Wheeler wants to work back in it should be for Roslovic. Thank you for what you've contributed so far but this series isn't it for you.

So far it has been it for Panarin, Kreider or Zibanejad but I have more than enough faith in those guys coming around than Ros.
Anyone finding it a bit ironic how our deadline acquisitions were to basically replace Chytil and Wheeler? So now, here we are on the cusp of both coming back, ONLY TO replace their replacements that have very much underwhelmed everyone.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Matt Tchucker did f'all last night. Reinhardt? Bennett?
Florida was pretty much all Barkov and that Lomberg guy running around. Verheaghe did his thing for sure.

So, Rangers have a hard time with Barkov? Who doesn't? Who wouldn't? Rangers handled business pretty well.

But so did Florida, you aren't going to see our guys being Jesus out there against this team. Barkov is a different breed, he is above the rest.

I thought Fox was both good and bad last night.

Tough series. No idea whats going to happen in Florida. We could easily take one.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
LOL okay we (NYR) played better than Florida in game 1. Your charts say it so it must be true. Strange how people watching the game didn't feel that way at all during it. 😊
i thought it was a pretty even game, florida played better defensively and we played better offensively but just didn’t get any bounces

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
He's getting bodied that's what he's doing. Not even talking about being hit, but anytime a panther player posts up on him, leaning in with a stick check, it's game over for Mika. He doesn't have the strength or center of gravity to stabilize himself and push back on the puck battle. He's always been light on his skates. He's getting pushed off while he's reaching the the puck or trying to stickhandle
His game just bothers me.

His balance is terrible. You see it every game where his first few steps look unbalanced. He always seems to be falling away or leaning away from the puck. Skating away from the play. Being reactive. He’s been terrible with the puck on his stick. Over uses an average slap shot instead of his elite wrist shot.
does not get to the middle of the ice. His ozone game sense is below average, it seems like he’s on a different page than everyone else

He needs to be forced to play the bumper. Force him to the middle. I truly rather have Trocheck cycling around with Panarin and Fox because he actually moves his feet

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Matt Tchucker did f'all last night. Reinhardt? Bennett?
Florida was pretty much all Barkov and that Lomberg guy running around. Verheaghe did his thing for sure.

So, Rangers have a hard time with Barkov? Who doesn't? Who wouldn't? Rangers handled business pretty well.

But so did Florida, you aren't going to see our guys being Jesus out there against this team. Barkov is a different breed, he is above the rest.

I thought Fox was both good and bad last night.

Tough series. No idea whats going to happen in Florida. We could easily take one.
The Barkov comment is spot on. He’s a top player in the world. Of course he’s trouble. He would be for literally any defense on the planet.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I’m still advocating for Edstrom in this series.
He’s fast, straight line player, always goes to the dirty areas and loves to hit.
Played on the 1st PK unit in Hartford.
Another disruptive force.
I would love for him to get a look but I have doubts the coaching staff puts him in.

Panarin Tro Laffy
Kreider Zibs Chytil
Cuylle Wennberg Kakko/Ros
Goodrow Edstrom Rempe/Kakko

I have no problem with a line that has ozone possession but limited production in this type of series.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I’m still advocating for Edstrom in this series.
He’s fast, straight line player, always goes to the dirty areas and loves to hit.
Played on the 1st PK unit in Hartford.
Another disruptive force.
I doubt he will get in unless there are more injuries. His last game for the Rangers was in early March.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
If trouba is going to suck, the least he could do is drop some bodies out there. This is a series where you need him to lay someone out. Haven’t seen that all playoffs and definitely not in this series.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Ferraro used to be one of the best, especially with TSN. I don't know if he himself has changed, or ESPN wants him to do colour in a certain way. But he has been pretty unimpressive during his time there, at least IMO.

ESPN is disaster compared to TNT. Emily is the only good thing they have.
Wischusen Cally are there best offering and it’s not even close.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If trouba is going to suck, the least he could do is drop some bodies out there. This is a series where you need him to lay someone out. Haven’t seen that all playoffs and definitely not in this series.
He tried yesterday and missed by a lot. Led to an odd man break.

It’s a new trend with him. That’s how much he’s slowed. He can’t really line people up like he has in the past.

If he’s not injured or can’t improve his mobility in an offseason, it’s time to cut bait. It’s not going to get better

94leetch

Oct 29, 2022

It’s a new trend with him. That’s how much he’s slowed. He can’t really line people up like he has in the past.

If he’s not injured or can’t improve his mobility in an offseason, it’s time to cut bait. It’s not going to get better
It really is amazing how his physical game has disappeared.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
No huge hits but he has made a few hits including one that sparked a little flurry in the 3rd period of game 1. It was his outlet pass with 2 Florida forecheckers barreling in on him on the game winner last night.

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015

I think the foot speed is part of the problem as well as him not letting it come to him like during the 2022 run. It feels like he usually tries to force a big hit in an almost retaliatory way instead of picking his spots when they present themselves.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
It’s all about low center of gravity. He’s solid. It’s also why Rempe can get pushed around.
Good solid rub out hit on Rempe. It was well timed because Rempe was playing the puck and lomberg hit him from the side.

Didn't think the Vesey hit was late. Just contact to the head. But Vesey was low because he was turning.

Edit: sorry that was kulilov who hit Rempe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad