Post-Game Talk: Alpha Males

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I think, as a team, the Rangers can be sharper with the puck.

Flubbed passes, careless dump-ins that do not get past defenders. Passive chips that go no where, Mika's occasional reluctance to dump when there's no support. Hard around's with three guys chasing as opposed to two guys on the other side ready to meet the puck.

Don't go where the puck WAS, go to where the puck will be.

All of that can be remedied.

LGR's

Reactions: FUZfan and noncents

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
goodrowes winner definitely was “soft” but IMO that’s kind of Bob
It was a well placed shot, Bob had to move a bit, and it went high on him. He’ll let some of those in

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
I think, as a team, the Rangers can be sharper with the puck.

Flubbed passes, careless dump-ins that do not get past defenders. Passive chips that go no where, Mika's occasional reluctance to dump when there's no support. Hard around's with three guys chasing as opposed to two guys on the other side ready to meet the puck.

Don't go where the puck WAS, go to where the puck will be.

All of that can be remedied.

LGR's
Its hard to look good when you are getting mugged ten feet away from the puck over and over again and it not being called.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Real talk though. I was on that level last night. I got put on a new BP med due to a shortage of my current one and apparently a side effect is that it heightens the impact of alcohol.

Three drinks. Three. I usually have three by the end of the first period in the playoffs.

When Goodrow scored im fairly certain all 550 houses in my neighborhood were awoken by my drunken screams.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
This is definitely an oversimplification, but Panarin and Laf seem to feast on bad opposition more than most guys. Florida doesn't really offer bad matchups to them, and they either get stopped from making pretty plays or resort to just flinging shit at the net (or more often, a skater blocking them). They need to find a middle ground.
Laf made a brilliant hit to set up that first goal. He’s doing great.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Chy looks really good. His skating and puck handling are giving us an added dimension.

They really need to just shoot the puck more. Felt like by the 3rd period they said f*** it and started throwing everything at the net
That’s the thing that’s key here…. More volume on borat.

Can’t take 20-25 shots and be too selective….. even if some are low quality, it causes more fatigue and it forces that space cadet to stay focused more.
More shots and more traffic in front.
That’s got to be the game plan with a team that is content to score a goal and clog up the rink like a bad dump for the rest of the game.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I’m not seeing a whole lot from the Florida forwards outside of barkov and Lomberg frankly. The Rangers have shut them down thru 2 games. The narrative won’t tell that story but that is very much reality

IMG_3562.jpeg

Reactions: tiggles

94leetch

Oct 29, 2022
A Cats fan on the mains opined that the Rangers won because they wanted it more in OT.
Umm.
So once OT started the Cats lost interest ?
Talk about a back handed compliment.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
A Cats fan on the mains opined that the Rangers won because they wanted it more in OT.
Umm.
The Rangers were more desperate for the win. Florida is fine with the split, we needed that victory. Going to Florida down 2-0...

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
s
Umm.
You guys take what other people say way too seriously

Same thing as people complaining how the broadcast on ESPN was leaning Panthers.

Like who cares what other people think lol

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Real talk though. I was on that level last night. I got put on a new BP med due to a shortage of my current one and apparently a side effect is that it heightens the impact of alcohol.

Three drinks. Three. I usually have three by the end of the first period in the playoffs.

When Goodrow scored im fairly certain all 550 houses in my neighborhood were awoken by my drunken screams.
LOL better ask your doctor if it's okay to drink on that new med. That sounds aggressive.

94leetch

Oct 29, 2022
s

You guys take what other people say way too seriously

Same thing as people complaining how the broadcast on ESPN was leaning Panthers.

Like who cares what other people think lol
My takeaway from that is it's a serious cope which displays a little doubt which makes me happy.

Reactions: Jack Hanson

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
LOL okay we (NYR) played better than Florida in game 1. Your charts say it so it must be true. Strange how people watching the game didn't feel that way at all during it. 😊

Didn’t say we played better. Said it was even and Florida had a couple of fluke goals to our two posts.

Oh, and there’s the pesky little fact that I watched the game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad