• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Cute pic of Lomberg.

I had the same reaction , PK but I ran more.

Absolutely love PK.

LOL better ask your doctor if it's okay to drink on that new med. That sounds aggressive.
I think I need to... I've been in BP meds about as long as you've known me (10ish years give or take). Usually there is a warning on the bottle if it's not safe.

It was tough. Just glad I made it to the end of the game.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I think we should address Lomberg before he hurts somebody else. The guy had 7 points all season but he is effecting these games. I respect how hard he plays at his size but he is literally launching himself at our guys. Problem is he is pretty quick so he will not be easy to catch.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I think we should address Lomberg before he hurts somebody else. The guy had 7 points all season but he is effecting these games. I respect how hard he plays at his size but he is literally launching himself at our guys. Problem is he is pretty quick so he will not be easy to catch.
I agree. He's not dirty though. I want to hate him, but I kind of respect the guy. He is effective.

I'd love to have him on our fourth line

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
It's not that. Guys are not sharp with the puck with pressure bearing down.

It's correct able.
Yeah I think they’re still not giving each other easy passes to escape pressure
When you always have to thread a needle or send it 20 yards it’s tough to be sharp

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Obviously Kakko replaces Vesey, but I wonder if Laviolette would insert Wheeler back in the lineup and take out Roslovic. Roslovic has been awful this series and so has the first line. Kreider-Zibanejad-Wheeler at least had a modicum of success during the season. Couple that with Wheeler's experience and maybe he plays tomorrow afternoon over Roslovic.

Just a thought. Wheeler is a f***ing slug out there, though.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
its not an exaggeration that 80% of Mika's touches are resulting in brutal turnovers. I don't know what he's doing on the ice this series. Gustaffson needs to sit for Jones. Need retribution on Lomberg next game, Florida is controlling the physicality this series, need Rempe in and Kakko to be a bull down low. Not against Wheeler either, Roslovic is just floating and giving the puck up every time he has an iota of pressure on him. We need players willing to sacrifice themselves.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Obviously Kakko replaces Vesey, but I wonder if Laviolette would insert Wheeler back in the lineup and take out Roslovic. Roslovic has been awful this series and so has the first line. Kreider-Zibanejad-Wheeler at least had a modicum of success during the season. Couple that with Wheeler's experience and maybe he plays tomorrow afternoon over Roslovic.

Just a thought. Wheeler is a f***ing slug out there, though.
Really? He is one of the few guys who is doing any forechecking.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I agree. He's not dirty though. I want to hate him, but I kind of respect the guy. He is effective.

I'd love to have him on our fourth line
He isn't dirty but I think he gets away with some things because of his size. What I mean by that is he is leaping up at guys. If Rempe did anything close to that he would be in the box. I respect him as well because he is only 5 foot 9 and a physical weapon on the ice. I just don't want him to hurt our guys. I do not know how we should address it but I would.

If I was one of the Rangers Dman and I know a train is coming on my end boards I'm positioning my stick against the boards so the Florida player has to think twice about running in to a butt end.

By the way Florida does not really have offensive Dmen but guys like Kulikov are making themselves known physically for sure. Mikkola is also playing pretty well. Even Ekman-Larson was giving Kreider the business in front of the net.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Has anyone mentioned how Lomborg headbutts Vesey with the puck nowhere in sight?
It was a penalty clear as day.

I said it in the GDT, but Florida learned from Tampa they can commit penalties on every play & the refs won't/can't call them all. It's just a fact of life during the playoffs in these later rounds. The Rangers need to adapt their game & play accordingly.

0ldTimeHockey

Oct 31, 2021

Yea, this guy is quite annoying... Also, his head is way too big for his body and I cannot unnotice it

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Of all the opposing head coaches, I like Paul Maurice the most. He’s honest, witty, and accountable. I think he's great.
He is a heck of a coach. Another "retread" coach that basically gets hired right after he becomes available. He has Florida playing old time hockey in a physical sense.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
its not an exaggeration that 80% of Mika's touches are resulting in brutal turnovers. I don't know what he's doing on the ice this series. Gustaffson needs to sit for Jones. Need retribution on Lomberg next game, Florida is controlling the physicality this series, need Rempe in and Kakko to be a bull down low. Not against Wheeler either, Roslovic is just floating and giving the puck up every time he has an iota of pressure on him. We need players willing to sacrifice themselves.
He's getting bodied that's what he's doing. Not even talking about being hit, but anytime a panther player posts up on him, leaning in with a stick check, it's game over for Mika. He doesn't have the strength or center of gravity to stabilize himself and push back on the puck battle. He's always been light on his skates. He's getting pushed off while he's reaching the the puck or trying to stickhandle

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
He's getting bodied that's what he's doing. Not even talking about being hit, but anytime a panther player posts up on him, leaning in with a stick check, it's game over for Mika. He doesn't have the strength or center of gravity to stabilize himself and push back on the puck battle. He's always been light on his skates. He's getting pushed off while he's reaching the the puck or trying to stickhandle
He's had a rough go of it since Game 3 vs the Canes. He looks exactly like he did for most of the regular season again....which isn't good. He needs to snap out of it.

Kreider has also been MIA in these first 2 games. We really need these two to contribute if we want to move on.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Love. No. LOVE that ESPN crew pays so much attention to our lack of shots but when Florida had 1 in like 10 minutes it’s f***ing crickets.

So skewed towards the Panthers.
I don't think it's intentional but I noticed the same thing.

I think Ferraro tries to get going on a 'narrative' at any given point to try to entertain the viewers, but he just isn't a particularly insightful analyst. And he's all over the place with his commentary. Ice level really isn't the best place for the chief color commentator, it should be the third guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad