Podcast (Audio) AllCity Network announces coverage for Utah Hockey Club.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Good to see they're keeping connected to the former Coyotes team in some sort of way. Yotes fans should enjoy this. (Other than the haters, of course.)

More Cooley

We walk together forever
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2015
Good news, the more that will stay the same (players, hockey management, coverage) the easier it will be for me to follow this team.

IMG_0828.png

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
Ideally the whole PHNX crew will continue their coverage. I haven't listened since the last Coyotes podcast but I guess that is unlikely.

Clean Hits is better.

JK I'm stoked we will be getting this coverage too but sounds like there may not be a podcast. I get the feeling this may be Utah/Smith asked Morgan to do them a solid until they have a proper staff.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Clean Hits is better.

JK I'm stoked we will be getting this coverage too but sounds like there may not be a podcast. I get the feeling this may be Utah/Smith asked Morgan to do them a solid until they have a proper staff.
Yea, I've been taking a break from all things hockey and just reading about your content platform/podcast. Subscribed even though I'm not sure how much I'll follow the team in Utah. I've no doubt you guys will do a great job with Clean Hits.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Clean Hits is better.

A somewhat biased opinion there….. :laugh:

But I think you’re correct on that aspect and AllCity might looking into adding SLC to their networks so Craig agreed to dip his toes in the briny lake there.

Reactions: Grimes

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
The image of Sergachev, Crouse and Keller has me thinking "Under no circumstances give the C to the little feller on the right." ;)

View attachment 905456
Just because of his size?

When I look at someone's leadership skills I look at the qualities they have that will rub off onto teammates. The standard that they set for others. The passion, hard work, determination, and how they carry themselves in the locker-room, on the ice, and during the offseason is what's important to me. The example they set for everyone else.

Size means zero to me when it comes to the C.

Last edited:

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Just because of his size?

When I look at someone's leadership skills I look at the qualities they have that will rub off onto teammates. The standard that they set for others. Passion, determination, and how they carry themselves in the locker-room, on the ice, and during the offseason is what's important to me.

Size means zero to me when it comes to the C.
All subjective but my bias is...a captain should be able to stand up for his teammates when necessary. The NHL trend of recent, is to give it to your highest skilled player, I get it but, in my mind, it should be someone who can get dirty and go through walls for folks. Also, Crouse starts with a capital C.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
All subjective but my bias is...a captain should be able to stand up for his teammates when necessary. The NHL trend of recent, is to give it to your highest skilled player, I get it but, in my mind, it should be someone who can get dirty and go through walls for folks. Also, Crouse starts with a capital C.

Crouse isn't even in the running, in my mind. He seems like he needs motivating throughout parts of the season himself. That's not a leader. He doesn't get dirty or go through walls for folks either. If anything, I think he needs to use his size more than he does. Not sure he actually fits your description of a good C.

Besides, anyone can stick up for a teammate but not everyone has what it takes to lead a group of men to be at their best. IMO.

Like you said, it is subjective. This is just how I see it.

Last edited:

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Crouse isn't even in the running, in my mind. He seems like he needs motivating throughout parts of the season himself. That's not a leader. He doesn't get dirty or go through walls for folks either. If anything, I think he needs to use his size more than he does. Not sure he actually fits your description of a good C.

Besides, anyone can stick up for a teammate but not everyone has what it takes to lead a group of men to be at their best. IMO.

Like you said, it is subjective. This is just how I see it.
Not even in the running but on their first media promo he is front and center.

Crouse is trade bait. 3 or 4 line by Christmas unless he changes his play.
I believe in him. 30g+/30a+/200 hits+ incoming.

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Not even in the running but on their first media promo he is front and center.

"Big Tuna" must've been busy that day. Not sure that one of the most tenured and well known players on the roster being in a promo has anything to do with their leadership skills.

Edit: You realize they ALWAYS put the tallest guy in the center to balance out the picture, right!?

Last edited:

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
"Big Tuna" must've been busy that day.

Edit: You realize they ALWAYS put the tallest guy in the center to balance out the picture, right!?

Bjugstad is 6'6" but he was not in the image. The 3 in the image are obvious A players and all in the running for the C.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Bjugstad is 6'6" but he was not in the image.
Huh? If he was in the picture and he was the tallest person in the picture, he'd most likely be placed at the center of the pic to balance it out. I think Buggy deserves an A too.

The 3 in the image are obvious A players and all in the running for the C.
I agree, sort of. I think Crouse is worthy of an A. Let him go stick up for teammates while wearing the A. I think Keller has leadership intangibles that Crouse doesn't. JMHO.

I also think that Crouse ends up losing ice time to a younger player eventually and that makes him tradeable at some point.

Last edited:

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Huh? If he was in the picture and he was the tallest person in the picture, he'd be placed center of the pic to balance it out. It would have nothing to do with his leadership qualities.

I agree. I think Crouse is worthy of an A.
I was countering this:
"Crouse isn't even in the running, in my mind."

I suspect you ran with the idea of me saying front and center as though I was saying he is C material because he was in the center of the picture. To clarify, I am saying is he is clearly and obviously a candidate. He has been an A for the past two years. He has been with the "organization" his entire career. He is a quality power forward (even if he has fallen short of some of the higher expectations) and...when the Utah Hockey Club decided to show off their new uniform, they deliberately chose 3 players that are clearly expecting to be team leaders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad