GDT: All things training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ennsjd07

Feb 11, 2016
Kauai, Hawaii
Lambert getting a look on PP2 with the other regulars has gotta be a pretty encouraging sign he's close to making the team.

Perfetti is missing from both units so it's possible he's a placeholder
Maybe someone else responded, but my hope is that with Nino in front, iafallo just becomes redundant. He’s mediocre at puck retrieval, but that would be his only positive in that spot. Replace him with Perfetti.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
My guess is Cole is getting his fitness testing done today.

I'd expect him to take one of Iafallo's/Lamberts spot.

Not really a fan of Ehlers on PP1. They tried it all last year and it didn't work. Him and Mark want to play the same role.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I hope they give that line a couple games in preseason. It seems they are giving Lambert a push, I hope he ups his game and takes advantage of it.
If they are using that line now after the first wave of cutdowns you’d think they will play together, maybe as early as tomorrow.

Reactions: surixon

Bender Duster

Sep 16, 2024
I hope they give that line a couple games in preseason. It seems they are giving Lambert a push, I hope he ups his game and takes advantage of it.
It could also be that Lambert has in fact upped his game during the off season and the coaching staff is rewarding him accordingly.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It could also be that Lambert has in fact upped his game during the off season and the coaching staff is rewarding him accordingly.
It seems to me that they are giving Lambert a real shot at proving he is ready for the NHL. I think the kid is ready and we can use his combination of skill and speed.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Yup, could have made the decision to start with prior to camp. I just didn't think his first preseason game was particularly great.
Good thing we don't base decisions on a single preseason game - especially the first one.
This is a great opportunity - and I hope they give this line a good look keeping in mind Cole has also missed camp.
Probably a long shot but nice to see they are trying new stuff

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Good thing we don't base decisions on a single preseason game - especially the first one.
This is a great opportunity - and I hope they give this line a good look keeping in mind Cole has also missed camp.
Probably a long shot but nice to see they are trying new stuff

Which is whyvi said he'd have to grow throught the rest of camp.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I just wondered why you would even bring it up - pretty much meaningless

So why bother talking about anything to do with camp at all then? Let's just skip right to opening night. Actually I'd be quite ok with that.

I gave have my honest opinion that I feel he will need to play better to secure that spot. I hope he does secure it as we need more speed and skill in this roster. Both things he brings.

Reactions: hn777

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
So why bother talking about anything to do with camp at all then? Let's just skip right to opening night. Actually I'd be quite ok with that.

I gave have my honest opinion that I feel he will need to play better to secure that spot. I hope he does secure it as we need more speed and skill in this roster. Both things he brings.
I didn't ask you to stop discussing - to your point, that's all we're doing here.
I just thought it was interesting that you would add a comment on that one game.
What he needs to secure the spot is an opportunity to play games and improve - hopefully they go that route.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Unfortunately I think that Ville's complications help Stanley more than Samberg. I think Samberg was pencilled into the 2LHD role when Dillon left and Ville and Logan were battling for the 3LHD spot beside Miller
That will be the interesting part. Stanley started with Coghlan and Miller with Fleury. Inevitably you'd think that Stanley-Miller are going to be the 3rd pairing. But if the Jets coaches are following analytics the stats last year weren't favourable for that pairing. Does seem like a slower skating pairing.

I like that Lambert is getting a shot in the top 6. If he sticks it will be interesting to see of Arniel still commits to 22 which would conceivably knock Kupari out of the group. And the potential #8 d-man, who will have to go through waivers.

Reactions: Buffdog

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
That will be the interesting part. Stanley started with Coghlan and Miller with Fleury. Inevitably you'd think that Stanley-Miller are going to be the 3rd pairing. But if the Jets coaches are following analytics the stats last year weren't favourable for that pairing. Does seem like a slower skating pairing.

I like that Lambert is getting a shot in the top 6. If he sticks it will be interesting to see of Arniel still commits to 22 which would conceivably knock Kupari out of the group. And the potential #8 d-man, who will have to go through waivers.
Which pairing are you referring to?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad