OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Just called my stepdad to see if he's keeping an eye on that soon to be hurricane headed for somewhere on the Gulf Coast. He said "no, at the moment I'm in the ER." :oops:

He was in his truck this afternoon doing about 35 mph when a guy cut into his lane doing close to 60 and essentially pitted him, causing his truck to roll. Thankfully he appears to have escaped major injury, they did all sorts of tests and are waiting on results for any head/neck injuries. For now it's just some lacerations, and soreness from the seatbelt.

Truck (a GMC Canyon) of course is a total loss but that's the least concern. I'm impressed with the safety features that hopefully prevented any major injuries. I don't know anything about the other driver or if he was impaired in any way or just an idiot, or whether he is insured.

He said it happened right in front of the hospital, and I said if you're going to get in a crash I guess that's a great place for it to happen. He said it took a long time for the ambulance to get there lol.

Anyway, he is going to be sore tomorrow, I'm sure, but I'm glad he's alive.

Edit: for a rollover it held up pretty well, cab intact.

Appropriate billboard in the second pic lol
received_487519604120465.jpeg
received_3794763147465281.jpeg

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Just called my stepdad to see if he's keeping an eye on that soon to be hurricane headed for somewhere on the Gulf Coast. He said "no, at the moment I'm in the ER." :oops:

He was in his truck this afternoon doing about 35 mph when a guy cut into his lane doing close to 60 and essentially pitted him, causing his truck to roll. Thankfully he appears to have escaped major injury, they did all sorts of tests and are waiting on results for any head/neck injuries. For now it's just some lacerations, and soreness from the seatbelt.

Truck (a GMC Canyon) of course is a total loss but that's the least concern. I'm impressed with the safety features that hopefully prevented any major injuries. I don't know anything about the other driver or if he was impaired in any way or just an idiot, or whether he is insured.

He said it happened right in front of the hospital, and I said if you're going to get in a crash I guess that's a great place for it to happen. He said it took a long time for the ambulance to get there lol.

Anyway, he is going to be sore tomorrow, I'm sure, but I'm glad he's alive.

Edit: for a rollover it held up pretty well, cab intact.

Appropriate billboard in the second pic lol
View attachment 909083View attachment 909084
I own a GMC Canyon almost exactly like that. The only difference is that I have the extended cab and your stepdad’s has the crew cab. Same color and everything.

I’ve been in two major accidents in my truck. The first was a drunk driver that plowed into the back of my truck while I was trying to get onto the ramp from 93 onto 495. She hit me, I hit the guy in front of me, and he was pushed into the guy in front of him. Thankfully, we (the three victims) were all in decent sized trucks and nobody was injured. The driver of the car seemed to be unharmed as well. Over a month later, my truck was back on the road.

The second accident was a box truck that sideswiped me coming the opposite way around a curve. He drifted into my (oncoming) lane and hit me between the front wheel and the hinge of my door. He bounced off and kept driving. It was dark and raining so the only description I could give the police was “white box truck.” Had that box truck hit me head-on… but I escaped that accident uninjured as well.

The GMC Canyon appears to be a pretty safe and sturdy truck. I am very thankful your stepfather wasn’t seriously hurt. There are so many idiots out there on the road that I really only drive on the highway if I really need to. As I said, glad he’s ok.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I own a GMC Canyon almost exactly like that. The only difference is that I have the extended cab and your stepdad’s has the crew cab. Same color and everything.

I’ve been in two major accidents in my truck. The first was a drunk driver that plowed into the back of my truck while I was trying to get onto the ramp from 93 onto 495. She hit me, I hit the guy in front of me, and he was pushed into the guy in front of him. Thankfully, we (the three victims) were all in decent sized trucks and nobody was injured. The driver of the car seemed to be unharmed as well. Over a month later, my truck was back on the road.

The second accident was a box truck that sideswiped me coming the opposite way around a curve. He drifted into my (oncoming) lane and hit me between the front wheel and the hinge of my door. He bounced off and kept driving. It was dark and raining so the only description I could give the police was “white box truck.” Had that box truck hit me head-on… but I escaped that accident uninjured as well.

The GMC Canyon appears to be a pretty safe and sturdy truck. I am very thankful your stepfather wasn’t seriously hurt. There are so many idiots out there on the road that I really only drive on the highway if I really need to. As I said, glad he’s ok.
Thanks. Yeah, it seems to be a decent truck. I asked what the guy who hit him was driving, and he said it was a Tundra. :help: If my stepdad had been in his other car (Chrysler 300) I'm not sure it would have ended up that well.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Not that I'm ever NOT using it on full blast, but it is now officially heated seat season.
I love heated seats. Built in heating pad since I'm old now lol

It wasn't a feature I was looking for when I traded in my Camaro, but the Saturn I bought had them and after that I said it is a must have for any future cars I bought. That, and remote start.

My Buick has that and also a heated steering wheel, which is not something I would insist on but is kinda nice especially when it's been parked outside in the freezing cold all night. Greatly looking forward to having a garage soon.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Dear colleagues,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to inform you that due to the impending storm, we have decided to reschedule the orientation session for Friday, the 27th of this month, at 9:00 AM.

Please ensure your safety and well-being during this inclement weather. We look forward to seeing you all on Friday for the rescheduled orientation.

Best regards,

Alex Healey
Sous Chef
Tommy Bahama

Greeeeeeaaaat

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Got the job!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much, start Oct 1
Belated congratulations.

Now you can be like Jimmy,

Happy first day of Fall/Autumn! My favourite time of the year, the "ber" months bring beautiful, cool air, hockey, and the most gorgeous scenery. Enjoy nature, take in the beauty and be thankful for what Mother Nature brings us. Be kind and protect our environment.

View attachment 908569
You said it sister! ✌️🍁

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
As part of my packing and decluttering before the move, I'm going through a couple of boxes of mom's things that I haven't gone through since she died last year.

I loved my mom, but oh my stars, that woman kept every greeting card ever given to any member of our family for any occasion, ever.

I'm sorry mom, but that card you gave me for my third birthday? I appreciate it, I really do... but it's going in the trash now. Along with the hundred other such cards that were with it.

What makes this harder is I've had to really kind of glance through everything because with her dementia she used to stash all sorts of things in random places. I came across an unused gift certificate for Longhorn steakhouse for $50. Have to look it up and see if it's still good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad