OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Just called my stepdad to see if he's keeping an eye on that soon to be hurricane headed for somewhere on the Gulf Coast. He said "no, at the moment I'm in the ER." :oops:

He was in his truck this afternoon doing about 35 mph when a guy cut into his lane doing close to 60 and essentially pitted him, causing his truck to roll. Thankfully he appears to have escaped major injury, they did all sorts of tests and are waiting on results for any head/neck injuries. For now it's just some lacerations, and soreness from the seatbelt.

Truck (a GMC Canyon) of course is a total loss but that's the least concern. I'm impressed with the safety features that hopefully prevented any major injuries. I don't know anything about the other driver or if he was impaired in any way or just an idiot, or whether he is insured.

He said it happened right in front of the hospital, and I said if you're going to get in a crash I guess that's a great place for it to happen. He said it took a long time for the ambulance to get there lol.

Anyway, he is going to be sore tomorrow, I'm sure, but I'm glad he's alive.

Edit: for a rollover it held up pretty well, cab intact.

Appropriate billboard in the second pic lol
received_487519604120465.jpeg
received_3794763147465281.jpeg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad